collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: After months in the making...I finally have a proper pony room!  (Read 3793 times)

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
After months in the making...I finally have a proper pony room!
« on: December 06, 2020, 01:04:17 AM »
WARNING: Long post ahead! Feel free to skip ahead to the pictures!

Ever since my collection outgrew it’s first shelf in my bedroom, it’s been my dream to have my own pony room. For over 10 years I’ve crammed my collection in my bedroom with me. I got pretty creative with room layout and shelf space, but there became less and less room for me in my own bedroom. When the virus first hit, that’s when I realized there were no more ways to be creative, I was out of space.

It’s also always been a dream of mine to own my own place. Rent where I live is pretty much a mortgage payment every month, so I figured I’d save up for a down payment and someday have a place I could call my own and customize as much as I wanted. With enough space for the pony room of course! :P I always liked to poke around Zillow and other real estate sites to see what cheap homes were out here. The cheapest ones were still always way out of my budget, but it was fun to dream. Well back in April a house came up in the heart of downtown for a really affordable price. It also had a whole detached studio in the back I could rent out if I needed to. Just for giggles, I plugged in my new annual income (I had just gotten a promotion) and to my surprise, it was actually something I could afford! I seriously considered putting in an offer, but by the time I started seriously thinking about finances and deciding if I was even ready to be a homeowner, it had already gone under contract. Luckily my friends mom is a real estate agent. I told her I was kinda sorta looking around, but I had a very small budget for the area and wasn’t sure if anything else in that price range would show up. I looked in some not great neighborhoods and homes in good neighborhoods that were in really bad shape. Just as I was about to throw in the towel, this house came up. Initially, I actually wasn’t interested. :lol: I wanted a stand alone home, and this is a townhouse with a shared wall. Since it was a corner unit, I figured what the heck, I’ll go see it. It was about a mile away from my parents house which is in an area I normally couldn’t afford. However this place was priced WAY below what homes normally sell for. The place was trashed. The carpets were worn and stained, it reeked of cigarette smoke, the now pony room smelled like dog pee, and the walls were covered in filth. But, it was all cosmetic, nothing was structurally wrong. Since it was under my budget, I thought I could take on the repairs and I put in an offer. It was accepted the next day and I closed back in June. I finally finished all the repairs and got moved in around October.

The pony room took the longest to put together. It was difficult to paint the room, decide where to put all the shelves, and get all 600 or so ponies unpacked and reorganized. I also bought an old claw machine that I repainted to store my plushies in! ^.^ The claw function does not work, but it still lights up! Finally, after many months of hard work, I can present to you, my pony room!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I painted the walk in closet with a landscape mural to create a separate place to show off my play sets. Since I didn’t have a great place to store all my Basic Fun ponies either, I decided to inbox them and use them as part of the display. :)

Since the bathroom was attached to the pony room and already painted green, I gave my favorite pony Minty her own dedicated space! It was by accident that I found the mint shower curtain, and I absolutely could not drop the idea after that :lol:

The curtains are blackout curtains with small stars cut into them, they look really cool during the day, but also keep out most of the light from the sliding doors so my ponies can hopefully avoid sun damage. I plan to eventually get rid of the bunk bed and fill the space with more shelves, but since this set up holds my collection fine for the time being, it will stay since it fills the space well.

If you want to look, I will include some pics of the rest of the house under the spoiler. ^.^ I never dreamed I’d be able to pretty much custom design a house for myself, but I am SO pleased with how everything came together in the end!

Spoiler
These photos were taken around Halloween, so some of the decorations have been replaced with Christmas now. Also, I loved that old refrigerator to death, but it started smelling like chemicals, so I had to replace it. :cry: Picture a French door refrigerator in its place now. trying to find a fridge in Bisque was a huge pain btw. Apparently I’m very out of style by liking that color :lol: but oh well, as you can tell my style is the complete opposite of modern anyway!

I had tried to do before and after shots, but the site I’m using to upload images took it all out of order. :( I didn’t have the patience to try and re arrange it again, so it’s just after photos here.

Thanks for looking! ^.^

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
Re: After months in the making...I finally have a proper pony room!
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2020, 01:10:42 AM »
This looks amazing!!! Love your art in the cupboard as well!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline sentimental

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
  • stuck in a utopia of sentimental androids !
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2020, 01:36:16 AM »
Your new house is so adorable oh my goodness!
I love how you fixed everything up, and the adorable Minty bathroom makes my heart so happy.
I adore your living room and the lit bannisters !!

Congratulations on your new abode! 
:frolic: :lovey:
please call me senti! ♡ my instagrammy g3 wishlistsig artwork by me

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2020, 07:26:45 AM »
so cozy and cute, great job
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline eveningstar79

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2020, 07:28:38 AM »
Everything looks so nice! I love the crane game too,that’s so cool! Amazing collection and I love the minty bathroom  :cold:

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2020, 08:48:12 PM »
How awesome that you were able to get that nice place!  I love what you did with the closet in your pony room.  And the claw machine is a fun touch!  Mint green is my fave color so I love your Minty bathroom!  (also I looked in the extra photos and your living room is so lovely)

:worshippy: :iconclap: :thumb:
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2020, 04:34:43 AM »
Congrats on your home and getting a pony room! It looks great! Good job on the mural in the closet, it's perfect. I love the retro decor throughout the house...I love stuff like that. The hanging lamp in the 3rd picture down of the house pictures is especially cool, as is the 60's kitchen table set! The claw machine is an awesome touch in the pony room. Thanks for sharing your pics, these were fun to look through!

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2020, 04:21:38 PM »
Your pony room and your entire house look amazing!  That Minty shower curtain brightens up that whole area. 
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline FernMariposa919

• Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2020, 06:58:12 PM »
Congrats on your new house! It looks great! Your pony room is amazing! The claw machine is such a cool idea. I love your mural; you did a great job of painting it! In my dream world, I would have my own pony room and all four walls would be painted with a mural of ponies romping around Paradise Estate and Dream Castle... The mint shower curtain is so perfect for Minty!

Offline Pheasant

• She's a daydreamer
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2020, 07:23:26 PM »
HUGE congratulations on your new house! That is such a big achievement, especially in this day and age. And it's adorable to boot!

I love house / room tours, always fun seeing what people do with their interior decor. Thanks for sharing!
Mimic on MLPTP

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2020, 07:32:53 PM »
 :lovey:

It’s beautiful! And the Minty theme in the bathroom is really awesome and creative! <3 I’m a bit envious of your mural painting skills too, haha—it looks so magical and pretty! Major congrats on the renovations!
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline IceCrystal02

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2020, 01:01:10 AM »
Congratulations on your beautiful new house! It looks very cosy, I love the pony room and the landscape mural in the walk-in cupboard is beautifully done! You are very skilled! I also love the Minty shower curtain, I think I've seen it (or a similar one) on Redbubble.

Offline Vintageg2

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Love G2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2020, 04:54:48 AM »
It looks wonderful! Congrats and enjoy your new home!  ^.^

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2020, 07:35:25 AM »
It looks awesome I love the minty bathroom!
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2020, 10:26:15 AM »
big congrsts, everything looks amazing, love your displays :D

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal