TCB > Trader & Shipping Support

Help from Germany! Ebay seller fraud or what?

<< < (2/3) > >>

lovesbabysquirmy:
so sorry to hear about your update :(

pandabear_chan:
I purchased from this seller a few times now and always was able to pay via Paypal. This was on ebay but also on our local platform ebay-kleinanzeigen. I admit she's not somebody you'd love to buy from because she's such a great and friendly person, 'though everything arrived (but we're both in Germany).

Siiri:
Well she certainly wasn't friendly to me and refused to help me with the parcel. And you can see from the listings that there is no option for PayPal. And now I checked her feedback and there is no positive feedback as seller, only as buyer... And many others too have left without what they purchased as you can see from the feedback. The parcel was automatically insured but she refused to help in any way. And I can see from the trackin code that the parcel was never left  at the post office  :cry: She took my money and never send me anything, I lost quite a hefty sum of money.. I wouldn't trust her at all. Actually I've just started to check can I do a report of an offence of her somehow or something.

IceCrystal02:
I understand your frustration, I regularly see ponies (another one just today) I'm interested in, then I see the seller only posts to the EU and they don't even accept PayPal. I don't understand why ebay is ok with these old-fashioned payment methods without buyer protection at all.  >_<

Taffeta:
I hope you're able to find a way to pursue this. Can you talk to your bank? As it's within the EU there may be something they can do to help you.

@IceCrystal, this is a problem for us in the Uk now too, no longer being in the EU >< I know Switzerland isn't a member state, but I thought you guys had some special dispensation regarding EU stuff? Or is that not the case?

It's surprising that in this day and age anyone would expect bank transfers on ebay. :/ It used to be the case that sellers on Ebay.de almost entirely used that, or cash, but it's not like that any more. I mean, we used to send cash to Ebay in the US to pay our listing fees, so things have moved on. The systems now exist...I'm really surprised Ebay allows this to happen without any safeguards.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version