collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How to estimate international shipping on eBay?  (Read 2132 times)

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
How to estimate international shipping on eBay?
« on: November 19, 2020, 04:37:32 AM »
Hey guys, question is in the header! I’m selling some ponies on eBay, and although I put “US only” for my shipping options, I’ve had a couple people asking for estimates to Canada and Australia. Problem is, when I looked at shipping estimates on eBay, they gave me ridiculous numbers like $10-15, when US shipping is already like $5-9! (Which eBay thought should originally be $2-3 until I fixed it with the USPS shipping calculator, naturally!!)

Is there a certain option I should click to make this easy on myself, Global Priority or something? Or am I stuck manually inputting numbers for all my auctions?
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: How to estimate international shipping on eBay?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2020, 06:35:58 AM »
Those numbers make sense to me. To ship a smurf to Australia via first class, it's $17.50. Unless you're saying it's too low? Ebay is unintuitive so I think you would have to just reenter weight and dimensions.
If you're selling a lot of similar items, I use templates for each pony generation with the weights already put in, you may be able to do something similar, but this is for listing new ones..
Global priority shipping is much more expensive...there is the global shipping program, but the shipping cost there is more expensive than the original estimates because the buyer has to pay for the usa shipping to the Kentucky warehouse.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 06:37:32 AM by tailrustedtealeaf »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Re: How to estimate international shipping on eBay?
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2020, 05:03:47 PM »
Yeah, the estimates I’m getting are all too low. But maybe they’re not as far off as I fear? Thanks for the insight!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal