collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Weird dreams thread  (Read 14665 times)

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: Weird dreams thread
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2020, 08:47:44 AM »
Okay, stay with me, this is hard to explain. I think my cat saved my life this morning. I have sleep apnea but don't have a CPAP. The short version is Covid was just getting going when they wanted me to have a sleep study. I didn't think it was a good idea, and then things got way worse. Anyway, it's not unusual for me to wake up a lot while trying to sleep. Sometimes I have dreams that I'm drowning or otherwise can't breathe. I think these dreams come from reality where I am, at that moment, unable to breathe.

So I had this dream. I was in a van going up a steep road. When I got to the top, there was no more road and the van fell off. I could see the ground getting closer and closer and I knew I was going to die. When the van hit the ground, everything was in slow motion. I was having a hard time breathing and was concentrating on that. I think I could hear myself struggling to breathe. As the dream went on, my breathing got worse. I thought to myself 'why is this taking so long, I should be dead by now' in the dream. I reached for the door and opened it. Underneath me was nothing but darkness.

And then my cat woke me up. She was standing on my chest meowing loudly at me.

I tried taking a deep breath and got into a coughing fit, and man, did it hurt. Eventually I was breathing normally, but I was really out of it. Foggy, eyes blurry. My cat just sat by me and purred.

I think she saved my life.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2020, 10:58:55 AM »
I had a dream where I was swimming with whales, only the whales were zombies/undead and in a half rotted state.

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2020, 11:02:41 AM »
I swear the bulk of my weirdest dreams have happened this year.

But probably still the weirdest was years ago, where I had a dream I was pregnant and about to give birth. I had been wheeled to the hospital in a wheelchair. I was looking around me, and I was surrounded by family. and... a boyfriend. Yup. A boyfriend that my brain completely made up. He was not a real person, and I am a lesbian, so this was awkward. (maybe it would have been more awkward if he was a real person. lol)

Anyway, immediately thereafter, a large dark figure that seemed to be a mix between the villain from Samurai Jack and Maleficent began coming after me and someone was pushing my wheelchair all around a city that looked a bit like those cities from cartoons like Powerpuff Girls trying to get away from this figure.  :lol:

As of late, perhaps not the weirdest of dreams, I've been having consistent dreams where I'm out in public for a variety of reasons and don't have a mask on and begin getting super scared and wondering why I didn't put on a mask.

I swear, maskless in public dreams are the new naked in public dreams.  :lol:

|My Collection|

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2020, 02:59:49 PM »
Today I had a really weird one after I woke up at 8 AM and then fell asleep for another half an hour. Basically, I had to drive somewhere with someone, don't even know whether as the driver or passenger, but on the way there it turned out that it might be difficult to get through the town because of a BLM protest happening there. When we arrived it turned out it was actually a southern district of our town that used to be its own municipality, which made me kind of surprised since almost everyone is white where I live. Then I learned this particular protest was actually by the African community in Europe, although it still didn't explain why it was in my town. Anyway, the protesters were marching around the main roundabout. I was worried we would get stuck but it turned out that by the time our car reached the back of the procession, we were already at the level of our turnoff. We turned right and followed the road behind some old (30+ years) car, until it pulled over across the road from a church and we passed it by. I noticed in the mirror that it was driven by a gray-haired priest, I also noticed that the car had a "Saab" emblem on its grill and weird roundish double headlights. I started thinking I should talk about this car to someone, but I decided that instead of just mentioning its age I would say that it wouldn't look out of place in... followed by a name of some old TV series, first I wanted to say Robocop, then X-Files, and suddenly it just turned into me simply listing all of the classic TV shows that I liked and ranting about how they don't make shows like this anymore :rofl: By this point, it turned out we were actually driving much closer to where I live, on a road among trees that runs to a river dike where it stops at a small footbridge. Then it turned out I was no longer in a car, just walking down that road because apparently I was on my way to church for some reason and since I still had half an hour before the service started I decided to take a walk to the dike and back. Then I learned that some people living there wanted to build a bench by the road to sit on and now I was suddenly pushing a wheelbarrow to help them with construction. Then it turned into one of those sappy inspirational videos with fast-paced piano tune in the background about people taking action to help people in their community or something, and part of it was me also giving a fuzzy white dog a piggyback ride while pushing that wheelbarrow. Then it turned out I was also going to later take a walk to the dike and back after all, because a few seconds later the video, which was from my POV for some reason, switched from me pushing a wheelbarrel to me wearing some jogging outfit or something. Then I reached the place on the road with those people who wanted a bench, and I started wondering why would they lived there in the middle of nowhere, where there weren't even any houses or anything. A little further down the road I noticed some kids playing and I realized how awkward it would be to randomly offer unsolicited help to people who don't even know me, and I started regretting my decision. Then to my right I noticed some shady looking guys that I didn't want to deal with and that was when I finally realized I'd rather back out of this whole business. I turned the wheelbarell around and then I realized it would probably look weird to go that far just to make a U turn anyway, then to my relief I noticed some residential area behind the trees to my left, with apartment buildings and swings and all, and there was even a path leading there, so I decided to just head there pretening that's where I was going all along. However, suddenly I realized that I had a huge problem walking there, barely moving forward and yet feeling completely exhausted. When I suddenly reached the residential neighborhood, I sat on a bench and then started ranting about something political, and then I woke up.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2021, 06:20:35 PM by SpacePinto »
Inka Dinka Doo

Online Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2020, 04:29:30 PM »
I dreamed I was an anime character again. 

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline FernMariposa919

• Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2020, 07:20:39 PM »
So I had a bizarre dream the other night and usually I wouldn't post it on here, but since it featured MLPs, I thought I'd share it:

So I'm at the grocery store, of all places, and they're selling MLPs (I mean, I guess grocery stores can sell toys). Not just good old regular MLPs, but Nirvanas! One of them, I notice, is Heartthrob. She's in the Firefly pose and she's pink with black stripes and her foot is stamped with "Canada". I pick her up thinking I need to get her and take her pic and post her on this Arena and see what everybody there thinks about her. But then, I see another Heart Throb (I have no idea why my brain was so fixated on Heart Throb of all ponies...it's not like she's a favorite of mine!) She's also a Nirvana pony and in the Firefly pose, only she's lime green with black stripes. I have no idea where my brain came up with these pony designs! I have a dilemma because they're expensive (I don't really how much they were, only I could afford one) and I already have a pony (don't remember who), so I can only get one. I decide on the lime green and black one.

Okay, so that's the pony portion of my dream, but my dream does continue in a very weird (and upsetting!) way. So I'm going to pay for my groceries (and ponies!) and realize I don't have my purse. This is because (for some super odd reason!) the grocery store had valet parking, so when I gave my keys to the person parking it, I just walked into the store and forget my purse. Anyway, I run out and find my car and it's unlocked. My purse is there and I open it and find my billfold...I open that and my debit and credit card are missing. So I'm calling my bank, freaking out and telling them to cancel those cards...then I woke up, and I'm like, thank God that was only a dream!

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2021, 02:59:36 PM »
Today I took a short nap and I had that weird dream where I had something hard to eat and then I felt with my tongue that I had just chipped my tooth. I couldn't believe it was true, I tried to tell myself I was wrong, but I continued probing teeth with my tongue and the gap was still there. I then checked myself in the mirror and saw a U shaped hole in one of my premolars, and when I looked at the tooth from a different angle it actually seemed hollow on the inside. Then I remember sitting on my bed and hoping it was all just a dream but no matter what I did everything felt real, and when I looked around the dark room I realized I was indeed in my bedroom, even though now I realize some of the things didn't make sense (like that there was a photocell sensor above the door for some reason) When I woke up for real and realized my teeth were fine I felt huge relief, but on the other hand I also felt disappointed that even though the thought of being in a dream did cross my mind, the dream still just continued as normal, even though I remember at one point I tried to levitate specifically to see if this was a dream and yet I still couldn't (which was the thing that ultimately convinced me I wasn't dreaming), which means I'm problably not cut out for lucid dreaming :(
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline starrynights

• Takara Fakie
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Tinsel Enthusiast, Fakie Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2021, 03:59:07 PM »
I had a dream I was a child again, and my sister was going to fight someone. I grabbed a metal spatula and was also going to fight the person.
Then there was a earthquake and we ended up underground. And then I thought "This is a dream...if anything goes bad I'll will myself somewhere else."
Can't remember the rest...weird dream.

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2021, 05:05:53 AM »
I had a dream after I briefly woke up early and before actually waking up for good where I had to do some business about a mile from where I live, and when I was at the big intersection with the McDonald's, I met Yulaw from the movie "The One". Then when I was on my way home and I could already see our apartment block in the distance, for some reason it turned out that God was waiting for me at home and I was planning to announce to him that now I will be the One.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2021, 07:23:04 PM by SpacePinto »
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2021, 07:51:14 PM »
I had a dream that started out like a lot of them I have - I'm in college and it's finals week and I have a lot of stuff due and OMG I haven't done any of it. Such a common theme for a dream in my life as of late!

But then... it took a slightly horror turn, or IDK. There were zombies. Note: I am terrified of zombies. I hate that stuff. I avoid zombie media like the plague. So why would such a horrible thing appear in my dreams? Well there were two weird things about it that kept it from being too terrifying:

1. I was under the impression they weren't real zombies, but were acting or playing a game.
2. In the end I was cornered, I had a bottle or can of Pepsi (Note: I don't drink pop anymore so this is odd), and for some reason I decided to spill the Pepsi all over the "zombie" in front of me and once they were hit with Pepsi they turned back into a normal person, and that's where the dream ended.  :lol:

|My Collection|

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2021, 07:55:06 PM »
I had a dream that I was fighting different wrestlers and my final opponent was The Million Dollar Man :lol:

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2021, 04:35:06 AM »
I had a dream that I was fighting different wrestlers and my final opponent was The Million Dollar Man :lol:

Who won?
Inka Dinka Doo

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2021, 04:39:39 AM »

Who won?

I don't know! The dream ended before there was a winner.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2021, 09:03:58 AM »
Today I had a weird dream which actually started as a pony dream that I described in detail in another thread, but then it switched to a different dream, it was basically about me moving to Italy for some reason, and apparently my main motivation was that I really wanted to listed to local music or something, lol. At one point I was upset that I wasn't home and I missed all those things I could do back home, but then I told myself that at least I could listen to all that music. Then for some reason I was at some sort of Italian music convention, and they had a Q&A panel with the chairman of the Italian music association or whatever stupid idea my brain cooked up while I was asleep, and one of the questions was if he has ever been president of Slovakia, to which he chuckled and said no. Then the next question was something like if he knows of any astronauts that have been to space and then went to become president of a country. I don't remember his answer to that one though, I think I just woke up at that point.
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2021, 05:09:47 AM »
I dreamed that there was a big covid outbreak at work, because people weren't talking the proper precautions anymore.   :(
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal