collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do you play sports?  (Read 852 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Do you play sports?
« on: February 27, 2023, 05:51:12 AM »
Or have you played in the past?

I used to be on the volleyball team in Jr. high. I didn't really enjoy it but everyone said I should play because I was tall. What I really wanted to play was field hockey but there were no teams in the area.

My high school was built very strangely and we didn't have a gym or an auditorium. The cafeteria was carpeted too but that's another topic. Anyway, since we didn't have a gym we did a lot of things outside. Unconventional things like archery. I bet they don't have that anymore. If you wanted to be on a team sport you had to do it through another school. That school didn't have walls on classrooms either... made it hard if your teacher was soft spoken and the one behind you yelled a lot...

I'm not interested in sports now, but I am forever peeved that field hockey became an Olympic sport when back then no one wanted to play it with me.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Do you play sports?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2023, 07:51:07 AM »
I have always hated all kinds of physical activity except for casual walking or cycling.
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline Rainlove The Pegasus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2023, 09:09:40 AM »
I am on a swim team and hate it. Been doing it since like fourth grade. :huh:
Rainlove
The
Pegasus

Sig by Starscout!

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2023, 04:55:57 AM »
In Sweden you don't play sports through schools, you find associations that are funded through the state or commune or privately and practise on your time off from school.

I used to play soccer and was rather good at it. Until we got a new coach whose daughter (who was on the team) wanted a new spot. I was denoted from a striker to a defender which I didn't thrive in. Also, I had no friends in the team. Basically, being a small town, the people I was playing with were the same bullies I had in school, so eventually I quit. No one said a word in school from when I stopped showing up at practise from one day to the other. No one seemed to miss me.

When I was in 7th grade a family moved to town and started a ridingschool and I was so happy when mom and dad let me go there. I looove horses and loved it there. I even got one of the horses to tend to for myself. It's practise in Swedish riding schools that you get one horse to groom as of it was your own, and as a thanks, you get to ride it for free from time to time. I just loved that horse. Again, same people from school went there as well, but this time I had the horses.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal