collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Weird dreams thread  (Read 14653 times)

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Weird dreams thread
« on: November 04, 2020, 02:59:13 PM »
We already have a thread for all the weird pony dreams we've had, but how about a thread for regular non-pony-related weird dreams? I had one last night.

The earliest thing I remember from the dream was me watching a movie about a widowed father and his teenage son moving to a new seaside home. For some reason I checked the movie's page on IMCDB and I saw two screencaps of the title scene, both featured station wagon / van type cars. When I saw the actual scene in the movie itself, however, it turned out they were actually driving a red 80s convertible. The son was complaining that he didn't want to move and that he had to leave all his friends behind, to which the father replied that he would make new friends. Then the scene switched to the son standing by the edge of a seaside cliff overlooking the beach, it turned out he had dug a huge vertical semi-round groove along the cliff's entire height to practice chimney climbing or something, which he was allowed to do since their seaside property stretched beyond the cliff and across the beach all the way to the shore line. Then suddenly I became that boy seeing everything from first person's view, and instead of climbing down the groove I was sitting on top of a ledge adjacent to the cliff that went all the way to the bottom but its top was just slightly below the cliff's top so I had to step down a little to get to it. After a moment I twisted my upper body and climbed back on top of the cliff. Then I sat on the ledge again and as I looked down to the beach below with my legs handing off the edge, I realized how tall the cliff was and that if I fell I would be done for. I thought about how dangerous it was for me to sit there and then I realized I wasn't supposed to be sitting on the ledge, I was supposed to be practicing climbing down the chimney, and I resolved to focus only on that from now on. I twisted my upper body again to go back to safety, but as I put my hands on the top of the cliff to pull myself up I realized I couldn't. I was scared to turn back towards the sea out of fear I would lose balance and fall, and started wondering what to do. I thought about calling dad for help, but I figured it would be a bad idea because I could potentially cause him to fall off the cliff to his doom. I decided I could probably try to hold on to the things on the ground in front of me like shrubs or roots or something, but in the end I just ended up grabbing the grass growing on top of the cliff, which then started rolling up and I realized that it had turned into a huge carpet. Then I didn't know what else to do, and soon after I woke up.
Inka Dinka Doo
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Weird dreams thread
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2020, 04:47:10 PM »
i keep a dream journal :)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2020, 06:05:39 AM »
I had an odd dream last night/this morning, probably as a result of planning to play Everybody's Gone to the Rapture again, as I like the way it handles the themes of family and community, existential/cosmic/sci-fi horror and idyllic countryside life. There was gold light swooping around and talk of a quarantine; the key difference is that it was in a massive, mostly empty and darkened warehouse kind of building, rather than a rural village and farmland. There isn't much I can remember in detail other than noise and panic, it was really unpleasant. To be honest, after that, I'm thinking of playing something else that's less likely to give me nightmares. XD
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 06:07:44 AM by Miniature Sheep »

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2020, 06:50:32 AM »
I have some recurring dreams. One is, I'm in a rainforest and I'm either smaller than a frog, or the frogs are big enough to ride. They're all very colorful like poison dart frogs. There are huge leaves (or regular leaves and I'm tiny) that are like waterslides. I'm either riding around on the frogs or sliding down the leaves. I've had this dream since I was a kid.

The other recurring dreams are similar to each other: In one I'm in a huge concrete basement/warehouse/underground bunker. There are corridors going off in all directions. It's dark, with only a few bare lightbulbs on the ceiling. I don't know which hallway to go down but I pick one and keep walking. It's just a bare hallway and I just keep walking.

The second is I'm in a two story house. It's not a familiar house. There's a staircase. I go up the staircase to the second floor, and end up on the first floor. I go up the staircase again, and again I'm back on the first floor. It keeps repeating and I can never get to the second story.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2020, 07:15:58 AM »
I've been taking Nyquil before bed so I won't cough in my sleep and sometimes I have very strange vivid dreams after I take it.  I had a really weird one the other day but I don't remember it now.

Sometimes I dream that I'm in whatever anime I have been watching.  Not too long ago I dreamed I was in Diamond no Ace. It's like I'm watching an episode of the series though because even though I'm in their world I don't usually interact with the characters but I can see everything that is happening to them and react to it.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 07:27:10 AM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Online Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2020, 10:36:13 PM »
I've been doing intense grief counseling in therapy to process my childhood traumas and has had a lot of weird dreams of not having control because of that. The weirdest one so far is me sitting in a wheelchair with no arms and legs and being pushed from a cliff. It's intereseting because I never remembered my dreams in the past. I could count all my remembered dreams since childhood on one hand but now I have them every other night. It's been a rollercoaster :lol:

Offline Shaymin568

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2020, 07:01:32 PM »
Hmm the most recent weird dream I can recall is that I was in a small Asian grocery corner store, yet in the back there was a staircase that led to an underground Italian market and candy shop! A more recurring dream theme I have is that my teeth fall out, but in sets, like they were part of dentures!  :shocked:

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2020, 12:05:53 PM »
I had a dream where I found a fursona and  I did adopt one that looked like the one from my dream.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2020, 08:28:49 AM »
I had a dream last night that I was trapped inside the game Pac-Man.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2020, 01:46:15 AM »
Sunday night I had a weird dream where all the Javerts from Les Miserables doing the cancan.

And last night a weirder dream all of the Enjoras from Les Mis in tutus dancing to Dance of the Hours.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2020, 12:48:35 AM »
I had a dream today I was asked to stand in for Katya the drag queen in a show and I was very annoyed at the tips I got.

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2020, 04:03:55 PM »
Today during a nap I had a dream that I needed to study something from a book but I couldn't do it at home for some reason so I went outside, but it was raining so I took an umbrella, I remember sitting on the steps of the downstairs store and reading the book under the umbrella, then I noticed people passing by in a hurry just to get back home and realized how ridiculous it was to sit outside when it was raining, I decided to go home so I got up and grabbed the book which was now lying on the ground, it turned out it was soaking wet at this point. After that I needed to go to a train station for some reason, and the front of it was a shopping mall, I was passing through a huge food court and I reached one of the joints while already holding a half-eaten quesadilla or something like that from somewhere else, I remember I really wanted to finish it fast before ordering something new. Then I woke up.
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2020, 04:21:48 AM »
I dreamed that the sock puppet I made when I was 13 came to life! He was dancing around, having a good time when my friend said "Hey, I hope you're not letting him make TikToks" and I was like "No, he's a good boy. He'd never- Oh god he's actually making TikToks isn't he"

And now some twisted part of me wants to recreate the puppet to try to turn him into a TikTok star.

I don't even use TikTok.

Please send help :P

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2020, 10:54:18 PM »
I dreamed that the sock puppet I made when I was 13 came to life! He was dancing around, having a good time when my friend said "Hey, I hope you're not letting him make TikToks" and I was like "No, he's a good boy. He'd never- Oh god he's actually making TikToks isn't he"

And now some twisted part of me wants to recreate the puppet to try to turn him into a TikTok star.

I don't even use TikTok.

Please send help :P

:lmao:

The weird dream I had last night started out with making a podcast about foxes, where most of the material was cut because everyone involved was swearing too much. After that, we all turned our attention to trying to fend off some kind of horrendous monster with a barricade of office chairs. No idea what brought that on.  :blink:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2020, 07:32:45 AM »
I dreamt I was a dragon fighting other dragons but I injured the leader and so I was cursed. These skeleton snakes with human skulls wrapped around my body and tied down my wings so I couldn't fly anymore.

Spoiler for horror stuff -
Spoiler
Then one of them crawled through my eye and the other crawled inside my ribcage to try and control my movements.

I don't remember what happened after that. The lead dragon had a really cool design that I'll try drawing later. He was yellow and red and sort of looked like a Chinese dragon but he had three sets of wings.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal