collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New Webkinz Reboot  (Read 2452 times)

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
New Webkinz Reboot
« on: October 23, 2020, 12:37:53 PM »
A while ago I made a post about how Neopets was getting a reboot some time in the near future as well as a cartoon. With the end of Flash near, Webkinz has also been making some major changes such as moving onto an app, both for desktop and smart devices.

I expected them to keep everything as-is, the same as it was from 2005. Nope! They just announced a reboot of Webkinz. Still titled "Webkinz", but the 2005 Flash version will still be available and supported, titled "Webkinz Classic". The new Webkinz is available on smart devices right now but will be on desktop eventually.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Some of the features:

- Totally 3D! The pets are three-dimensional and can be dressed as before.
- A baby system...? There seems to be some sort of genetics mechanic where two pets can have a baby, and the outcome of the baby can vary! They will grow up into "kid pets" and eventually adults.
- Advanced home customization. In the original Webkinz, you had items you placed on a grid and could rotate 90 degrees. You have that option here too, but now items can be placed off the grid in any direction. Also, your house is an actual house now with connected rooms you can freely move around in without loading screens, without a bunch of disconnected rooms.

Here's the post they made about it: https://webkinznewz.ganzworld.com/join-the-family/

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
Re: New Webkinz Reboot
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2020, 07:13:23 PM »
Why are there normal animals alongside anthro animals? Also, I wonder if they’re keeping the “account expiring” thing. I might have been interested, but my account long expired :pout:
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline Ragamuffin

• View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2020, 05:03:49 AM »
They announced they would be making plushes again, a week or so ago, and they released some pics of them, either yesterday or today. They're... eh? They're a bit bobble-headed, have sparkly Beanie Boo-like eyes, no mouths. The underneath of their feet are shiny (the unicorn's hooves are completely shiny) as well as the inside of their ears. The eyes in the stock images were a bit soulless to be honest but maybe those were just unflattering angles?

They don't look anything like how they do in the game. Like the unicorn for example, as you can tell in that promotional picture, has long eyelashes. The plush doesn't have any eyelashes at all. The proportions of the game models look more like a classic Webkinz rather than the bobble-headed chibis they're going to release. And again... the mouths! The mouths the pets have in-game are HUGE, yet the plushes don't appear to have any, at least in the two stock images we've been given so far.

The info came from an in-game news popup that said they would be available exclusively on the Ganz eStore, yet when going onto the eStore, it only says they're not stocking classic Webkinz plush. So no news or any other pictures of the New Webkinz plushes yet as far as I know...

Their Tumblr and Twitter accounts haven't posted anything on the matter.

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2020, 07:19:03 AM »
Twitter is a mix of "Why $30?" And "No".
I don't this it makes sense to offer these at $30, not if we're trying to get a new game off the ground.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline RainbowAlicorn999

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2020, 09:16:55 AM »
Anyone else unable to log in and its saying "connection issue"? Its been happening to me for a few days now. It was fine before. I didnt do anything different either.

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2020, 09:31:17 AM »
One of my friends who plays was showing me this. Neither of us seem to like it, something about the models looks weird.
Also yeah, why have anthro and regular animals? I liked it better when dr. Quack was a duck, I hope they don’t make him an anthropomorphic duck...
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Ragamuffin

• View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2020, 10:58:54 AM »
My opinion of the game, is that it's fine. A bit bare, but it's fine. I like being able to play whatever games I want, even if those plays are limited. It's better than Classic's system of having most of the games locked unless you buy a subscription. You also get premium currency through gameplay such as log in bonuses or challenge rewards, which is way better than how you can't get any free money in Classic. The premium items in Classic are totally inaccessible unless you pay real money for it.

About the anthro characters, don't characters Arte and Dex from Classic already count, and Tabby Von Meow? Miss Cowaline? The relatively new character Sophie Stockwell is also anthro.

Anyone else unable to log in and its saying "connection issue"? Its been happening to me for a few days now. It was fine before. I didnt do anything different either.

You might need to update! I kept getting connection errors and it turned out there was an update I needed to download from the Microsoft Store if you're playing on PC. It's weird they haven't made a popup in-game saying you need to download it, like it did last time. You have to do it manually yourself.

Offline RainbowAlicorn999

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2020, 11:46:56 AM »
My opinion of the game, is that it's fine. A bit bare, but it's fine. I like being able to play whatever games I want, even if those plays are limited. It's better than Classic's system of having most of the games locked unless you buy a subscription. You also get premium currency through gameplay such as log in bonuses or challenge rewards, which is way better than how you can't get any free money in Classic. The premium items in Classic are totally inaccessible unless you pay real money for it.

About the anthro characters, don't characters Arte and Dex from Classic already count, and Tabby Von Meow? Miss Cowaline? The relatively new character Sophie Stockwell is also anthro.

You might need to update! I kept getting connection errors and it turned out there was an update I needed to download from the Microsoft Store if you're playing on PC. It's weird they haven't made a popup in-game saying you need to download it, like it did last time. You have to do it manually yourself.

This worked, tysm!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal