collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Breyerfest 2021 Portrait Model  (Read 2862 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Breyerfest 2021 Portrait Model
« on: October 21, 2020, 03:54:33 PM »
https://youtu.be/aLyl9sk4HlI

Intuit sure is a beautiful horse. The model is very nice too.

:green: :hearts:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Breyerfest 2021 Portrait Model
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2020, 05:02:04 AM »
https://www.breyerhorses.com/blogs/breyerfest-blog/statement-regarding-breyerfest-2021

I love how they try spinning it into people bullying the horse when in fact an animal doesn't care about that because they can't understand human words like that and especially not read them online :lol:

The model won't be produced and will be replaced with a different horse sooner or later. I am happy as I am one of the people who think the breeders are in the wrong for deliberately breeding sick and malformed animals (the stud in question tests positive for certain hereditary malfunctions and I already feel bad for all the foals he's going to sire).

Intuit sure is a beautiful horse.

He looks like a steroid abusing bodybuilder and his hooves are so tiny, he had no resemblance to the model they used :|

I am curious to see which horse will take his place. I was expecting a more colorful horse based on the theme for 2021.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 05:06:32 AM by Zapper »

Offline Glitzi86

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2020, 12:49:50 PM »
I missed the story, but I googled the horse. Boy, what is wrong with him?  :shocked:
The grass is always greener on the neighbor's pony's pasture. :relaxed:

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2020, 01:05:23 PM »
He sounds like a computer producer!
I didn't hear about anything until after the horse was withdrawn, I'm curious how this horse was chosen in the first place.
I love how they try spinning it into people bullying the horse when in fact an animal doesn't care about that because they can't understand human words like that and especially not read them online :lol:
He's a Neigh-Whinny-Neigh and should be ashamed of himself.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2020, 06:07:14 AM »
I didn't hear about anything until after the horse was withdrawn, I'm curious how this horse was chosen in the first place.

My personal guess...

...this horse represents the epitome of beauty the halter class wants to see right now. The breeders are industry famous and their daughters collect Breyer. Connections, money, exposure, more connections, more money.

The biggest hints are how Breyer's official social media talked about the horse and it's owners as well as using the term "horse industry". The latter term is frowned upon because it is connected to mass production. Mass production of sick animals so they die sooner, so a new animal has to be bought. Animals that win prices and set standards that result in more sick animals. I already talked about how Intuit has genetic defects. That's because of one foundation buck in his bloodline who was basically the originator of all that muscle and the defects that come with it.

What many fans have already pointed out is how Breyer wasn't even prepared to represent a halter class AQH or Appy because they don't have a bodytype like this in their line-up. That's another hint that money might have swayed them to celebrate Intuit instead of any other Appy. Finally, Intuit isn't even that colorful. He looks very close to another Appaloosa Breyer did not too long ago. So choosing him based on his coat to match the theme of 2021 isn't a good excuse, either.

Finally, I think it is weird that they talked about how hard it is to get a Celebration horse due to the pandemic. It really isn't. They just want the Celebration horse to be famous for some reason. But most fans don't really care. The horse is more important than its name to people who love horses, d'uh. It's the horse industry peeps and equestrians who might be more interested in who owns the horse, but not the bulk of fans (and let's not forget most of them are kids and their parents).

Edit: Sorry for making this such a soapbox post but while I am on it... wouldn't it make SO much sense for Breyer choosing a regional breeder or farm to highlight with its Celebration Horse? They talk about the pandemic giving them troubles when this could be THE reason to showcase a smaller name, to support a farm struggling? Breyer supports many charitable causes, why not make the Celebration Horse part of it?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 06:16:18 AM by Zapper »

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2020, 11:19:22 AM »
I hadn't heard about the controversy, but oh nooooo that poor horse. He looks like he's made of parts from 5 different horses. The model (or any other Breyer model) doesn't even remotely resemble him.

And yeah, it's weird about the celebration horse. I didn't even really know the celebration horse is supposed to be a real horse before this.
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2021, 12:53:46 PM »

New Celebration model! Friesian/Appaloosa mix "Dani". She's a stunner and a marked improvement over last year's Celeb horse, imo. Ballynoe was just not special enough for me but I'd shell out for Dani.

PS: Breyer will reveal all Special Runs this month before tickets go on sale.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 01:24:12 PM by Zapper »

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Breyerfest 2021
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2021, 12:33:18 AM »
Could this thread get renamed to just "Breyerfest 2021"? Because I don't want to make a new one just for the other models, it seems a tad redundant since we already have this one.

Anyways, here is the first SR reveal! I really like the backstory. Pretty cool to base this year's SRs on art:
https://www.breyerhorses.com/blogs/breyerfest-blog/our-first-special-run-reveal

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal