collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Dose anyone Collect Betty Spaghetty Dolls? Am I alone?  (Read 1994 times)

Offline LightingElectricDream

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Collecting Since 2002 -
    • View Profile
Dose anyone Collect Betty Spaghetty Dolls? Am I alone?
« on: October 19, 2020, 11:18:02 PM »
Dose anyone Collect these?
Or Remember them?

I have Found almost everyone ever made.  but no place for info about them.
:accomplished:

Offline pixiemouse

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Dose anyone Collect Betty Spaghetty Dolls? Am I alone?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2020, 01:06:29 AM »
There's an old thread about them on the ghostofthedoll message board. I have a few bits and pieces I've picked up randomly from op shops.  If you can't find any info about them you can always make your own website to document your collection and help out any other collectors. It's easy to do (I used weebly.) There's a bit of info on wikipedia - I never even knew they tried making a third generation of the dolls. I think I remember something about Betty Spaghetty starting out as a project for a group of students or something and they thought the idea was so good that they actually made it, but I could be getting confused.

Offline alaskaallie

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2020, 04:50:45 AM »
I remember having the betty in paris set which came with that pink poodle... I would love to have that poodle again! Betty spaghetti doesn't really seem to show up so often on ebay etc.  If anyone finds a catalog or info about the line I'd love to have a look at it  :)

Offline LightingElectricDream

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Collecting Since 2002 -
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2020, 11:06:49 AM »
I remember having the betty in paris set which came with that pink poodle... I would love to have that poodle again! Betty spaghetti doesn't really seem to show up so often on ebay etc.  If anyone finds a catalog or info about the line I'd love to have a look at it  :)

I have acquired 2 sets of this but only one complete. I think ebay also has a min in box one for $80
I've got little booklets of Playsets. Betty is extremely scarce and it's hard to tell when older sets came out and in what order. I don't think anyone knows what the first set really was.
And the worst part there is only one person that I know of  out there that collects..other than me.

Also marari and other selling platforms are worth a look too.

Betty in Paris was my very first complete mint in box set that I got as a kid for Christmas.

Post Merge: December 26, 2020, 11:11:42 AM

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Betty-Spaghetty-Around-The-World-Betty-In-Paris-Vintage-Doll-Brand-New-/383560836705?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 11:11:42 AM by LightingElectricDream »
:accomplished:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal