collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Lavender Cloud

have her
10 (27%)
want her
12 (32.4%)
new to me
9 (24.3%)
thinking a bit more...
6 (16.2%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Voting closed: October 24, 2020, 07:05:20 AM

Author Topic: POTD 10/19/2020 Lavender Cloud  (Read 1576 times)

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: POTD 10/19/2020 Lavender Cloud
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2020, 10:38:09 AM »
I'm not even sure how widely sold the later baskets were here.

Need MLPSunsparkle to clarify xD

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2020, 10:39:06 AM »
Haha! You know what would be a great pony for the month of October? Crystal Lake. Anyone have a miniature hockey mask she could wear? :devious:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2020, 11:15:35 AM »
I have all three of this Spring Basket, even the pink Berries & Cherries, who I kind of like despite being more of a harvest Pony than a spring one.

I love Lavender Cloud, & Spring Carnivale!!!

Yep Taff, that Wiki of them kitted out IS hilarious xxx
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline eveningstar79

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2020, 12:21:46 PM »
I’ve never seen her before,so she’s new to me. She’s really pretty!
There’s a lot of g3 ponies that I’m just finding out about lately since I’ve gotten back into collecting.

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2020, 05:01:00 PM »
Have her. She's one of my favorites from the Easter Basket
 sets.

Offline Marshie

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Local Twinkle Eye and MLP Tales fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2020, 07:24:08 PM »
I chose 'thinking a bit more...' due to the fact that I am more on a 'don't want her' stance. It can be dwindled down to just the fact that lavender is my favorite flower and when I clicked on this, the color scheme did not match up to what I was thinking. I do really like her cutie mark though!

Avatar by me~! Sig by NanoRuby~!
MLPArena Wishlist Full Wishlist

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2020, 01:12:38 AM »
She's new to me and I absolutely love her! :heart: Her colour scheme is really beautiful and lavender is one of my favourite things to have in herbal tea. I'll have to keep an eye out for her!

(Edited because my phone had a tantrum and mucked up my post. Thanks for that, Frankie!)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 02:14:16 AM by Miniature Sheep »

Offline Mlp Sunsparkle

• Colorswirl Pony
  • Sparkles are great, but Sunsparkles are better!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2020, 02:07:11 AM »
I'm not even sure how widely sold the later baskets were here.

Need MLPSunsparkle to clarify xD

I have been called  :lol:

I think they were sold here, but they’re not particularly common to find, but they do come up, I see one maybe once a month or so, they are definitely some of the harder to find sold here’s! I have found spring carnivale at a flea market, double lavender cloud on Facebook, my original lavender cloud on eBay here, and berries was from ponycon. It’s hard to find U.K. or Euro packaging images, but they turn up a lot more than many other g3s! I hope you can get spring soon! Mine has a dodgy haircut with chunks out of the middle  :blink: We got the earlier two baskets as normal I think, I have found and seen a lot of them. The only one we didn’t get is the (Australian?) 2008 one mentioned on strawberry reef, but I honestly don’t know if it even exists, I haven’t ever seen it!

On lavender:
I love Lavender Cloud! She’s a very pretty pony! The one in the picture came from eBay, and she has to be the strongest smelling g3 I’d got! The box reeked of smoke and so did the ponies! She also had some brown stuff on her that looked like dried gravy, I don’t want to know what it was...

Her colours are perfect! I love the pastel body with the bright hair, and her symbol is really pretty! And she now smells great after a month long baking soda bath. I love their accessories (and that wiki pic!) and won an mip set on eBay last month, I want to dress them up but I don’t want to open the bag! So I’m jut missing the basket itself. Here’s my girl with her set below:

Sunsparkle xxx
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 02:10:28 AM by Mlp Sunsparkle »

Sig made by: Sapphire Rain
Instagram: mlp_sunsparkle

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2020, 03:02:12 AM »
Thanks Sunsparkle! Knew you'd have some input :D

I know the first one was here, I remember we got that one new when it was out. I have found the ponies from the 2nd here too, I think...I certainly feel like I have anyway, although second hand. I am not sure if I have all three without checking, but they look a lot more familiar.

I wasn't sure about the third, but based on what you said, I wonder if it's like Portobella and Lickity Split - that we got a chunk of them and then they vanished into obscurity. For some reason P&LS's set was sold here first, rather than the US - but they're really uncommon second hand now over here (At least, LS isn't but P is).

I certainly never saw the third basket here in stores anyway. But it could also be regional distribution mind you. I miss the toy fair at the moment - that was a great place to pick up G3, and was my best chance for Carnivale before all this kicked off.

But I do have the other two, although they're in storage atm.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Mlp Sunsparkle

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2020, 04:21:09 AM »
Any time!  :biggrin:

Yes! I feel like either shocking distribution, or a Woolworths USA import special may be the explanation. They are around, but not in high enough numbers that they were in every shop nationwide.

Port o Bella and Lickety is a really interesting one. And it’s cool that they were here first! Do you happen to remember if their packaging was European? It would have English and French logos, then 6 languages if so. If only English, they probably would have been direct imports. Lickety who came with the ice cream parlour is common, and had 2 regular releases here (2005, 2008 white cover, no magnet or hoof heart). The port o Bella one has more brown eyes? And she is very hard to find here, you’re so lucky! I wonder where the rest of the sets you saw went, and if they’ll show up in an eBay lot someday!

They are definitely hard to find and it wouldn’t surprise me if they weren’t sold here, and they were just imported in higher numbers. TKMaxx too, I’ve found a lot of target stuff there, and I have a target play doh set from childhood, when my mum worked at woolies. Wish I was more heavily into ponies then, I could’ve had some gems!

I hope you meet your spring carnivale soon! I will keep a lookout and let you know if I see one around  ^.^

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2020, 04:32:43 AM »
This is a shade OT for this thread, but Porto and Lickity were in the US box. I do have them loose and MIB but sadly not from here in the UK. So I can't answer the questions about those details. :)

A US Woolworths Spring Basket is not impossible, but it could have been TRU. Especially since I didn't see them - I only started being able to get to TRU regularly for the short time I was in London before they folded (and that was G4).

We did have a few in the US box here although I have some that came from a friend to me which also have US packages so it is hard to recall which is which off the top of my head. That also means I may be muddling my memories, because I had so many from the US, so bear that in mind. It was a long time ago now.

...BUt this is seriously OT :)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 04:46:12 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Mlp Sunsparkle

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2020, 06:11:15 AM »
I’m really sorry! I get carried away sometimes  >_<

Thanks so much for the info!

Back OT: she reminds me of Gigglebean quite a bit, but also a little wishawhirl because of the striking hair colours, and I adore the shared symbol flower between her and lavender lake! I would say she’s my second favourite spring basket pony  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal