collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What's your favorite pizza?  (Read 5639 times)

Offline PinkieLopBun

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What's your favorite pizza?
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2020, 01:35:05 PM »
I usually get pizza from local places. Don’t want to reveal any names for privacy reasons. As for what kind, I just eat plain cheese.
Follow me on Twitter and Tumblr.

Online Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2020, 02:06:18 AM »
I usuallt get a Calzone or a Capricciosa. When I wanna splurge I'll get one with beef and bearnaise sauce.

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2020, 08:42:34 AM »
Growing up an hour's drive from Chicago, I always loved getting Uno's or Lou Malnati's pizza...I remember the wait times for the Uno's downtown could be a couple of hours on a weekend night, but it was so worth it! My husband hates that kind of pizza though, so I hardly ever get to have it, even though they've expanded all over the country now.

I grew up in an area that had a huge Italian influence, and the kind of pizza from our local joints that has lots of spice, gobs of cheese, and is cut in squares was always very popular with people in my teenage years/early 20's. I was always a bit grossed out by it, especially seeing it the next day all congealed on the counter after a college party, and I much preferred generic stuff like Pizza Hut/Papa John's, etc. However, after living out in the western US for a few years in a city with very little culture, I was actually grateful to move home and have some of the old Italian pizza that was once the bane of my youth. Like they say...absence makes the heart grow fonder!

Oh, and Jett's has really good pizza...I saw someone mention that upthread somewhere. My husband actually delivered for them as a moonlight gig when we first got married and were living in Michigan; I used to love when he would bring mistakes home! We don't have a Jett's here, sadly. 

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
Re: What\'s your favorite pizza?
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2020, 01:55:12 PM »
home made pizza's :biggrin: cos we are fussy LOL.
it all started because i was gluten free and on a tight budget and sick of our local ones.
we used to get either domino's or pizza hut but they are terribly made in my area in NZ, real bad, topping scattered randomly and slices cut unevenly, some times over cooked and too much crust  :yucky:
Hell Pizza is real good but too far away. there is a local one called beach pizza, really super delicious but too pricey for us so it's a once in a while treat plus we don't usually do take out/ take away food.
we usually get a pepperoni for daughter, Hawaiian for son, then meat lovers for us  but now we just make our own and save lots of money doing so also get what we want.

our home made one's do change from time to time but there has to be at least one pizza with those stinky little fishy's we love so much  :lol: anchovies and one with Jalapenos  :satisfied:  but there usually is a margherita, pepperoni, a bbq Hawaiian, seafood or a chicken and bacon, their smaller then your usual  large base and very thin and a little crispy so one each is ample  :biggrin:

sorry for going on, you can see its one of my fav food  :P

Post Merge: October 29, 2020, 02:00:35 PM

Growing up an hour's drive from Chicago, I always loved getting Uno's

oh wow Uno's, thats a blast from the past, we had them years back but i think they were bought out by domino's unfortunately   :(  they were way better
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 02:00:35 PM by shabbychicdee »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline Satin Slipper

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2021, 03:20:28 PM »
Brick Oven Pizza
*Frolicking Away*

Offline starrynights

• Takara Fakie
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Tinsel Enthusiast, Fakie Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2021, 03:41:14 PM »
Lil' caesars. The square kind. Yum...

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2021, 05:55:54 PM »
I just had the most delicious of pizzas tonight! We have a local chain called Mazzio's which was related to a long-gone business called Ken's. For some number of years now (who knows, a decade or more now) Mazzio's has been selling a separate line of pizza in the style of Ken's. It's really good when made right. Mazzio's actual pizza has sauce that tastes like straight-up ketchup, but the Ken's style is a little more spicy and much, much better.

I'm super picky with my pizza, though. It has to be made just right. I've had a Ken's style pizza order that was nasty and I couldn't eat it at all. Lol. With that said, I think any of the chains I know of (Pizza Hut, Little Caesar's, etc.) can be great but can also be meh.

I ate Little Caesar's a lot before the pandemic, because it was nice and cheap. However, Little Ceasars doesn't have a drive-up option, meaning you have to go inside to get the pizza, and I'm not doing that. I miss it. (Ordering it for delivery where I live is ridiculously overpriced. You'd end up paying what you'd pay for a Mazzio's, Pizza Hut, etc. delivery. I tried it once.)

I can't stand the local Pizza Hut's pizza, but when I lived in another area of my state for college, the Pizza Hut there was really good and I actually ordered almost exclusively from them the entirety I was there.

|My Collection|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2021, 01:02:01 PM »
I've warmed up a lot to Dominoes after having it a few more times (it's the only place that delivers) and it's the best when it's made by a dude named Paul. The online tracker tells you who is making your stuff. I just used my points to get a free pizza :) It will be my last for a while since I'm trying to eat better.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline LordBlumiere

• keykid in a police box
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • doctor heart stealer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2021, 01:22:43 PM »
Pizza Hut or homemade on my end--though if I'm visiting my fiance we get from a local place near them. I like Hawaiian pizza as well as meat lover's, but my one true love is shrimp+black olive pizza... might sound gross to others but it's delightful to me! :lovey:

they/them, he/him, xie/xir/xirs
grail: princess silver swirl (original)

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2021, 03:07:56 PM »
Simple home-made dough that you can freeze into balls and take one out to defrost overnight, then layer with a simple tomato sauce (sieved, herb & garlic seasoned microwaved tomatoes) then add blobs of green basil pesto & cheese; simplicity & perfection!

I cooked one on my lidded BBQ & the smoked flavour was amazing!

Budget: Aldi do a frozen stonebaked one for 1.39. It's actually decent!

Restaurant on the high street: good old Pizza Express. I like the thin base ones.  :)

Pizza when I was in Italy - goes without saying, quality!

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2021, 04:42:45 PM »
I've been making my own lately because takeout/delivery is too high in sodium.

I do use store bought dough but i want to start making my own. i just make such a mess every time i make any dough :(

I do like making my own though because i can add a lot of toppings. My favorite is pepperoni, Canadian bacon, onions, green bell peppers, olives, spinach, feta and jalapenos. Sometimes i add anchovies. I use a mix of strained tomato sauce and diced tomatoes. i like the chunkier tomatoes.  I make one for me and one for my husband with lower sodium toppings.

I also like more simple toppings. Pepperoni and cheese, Margharita...  I can't really think of a popular set of toppings i don't like.

And yes pizza in Italy is the best! One day i'll visit again...
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2021, 04:44:47 PM »
Harmonie, we have a Mazzio's in my town, so I wondered if maybe you were in the southern US.  I went and looked at a Mazzio's location map, and LOL, almost every Mazzios location is west of the Mississippi, and there's this poor lonely one all by itself in Georgia.  I was not aware of that, and this store is probably older than I am.  I have fond memories of eating there as a kid in the 80's when it was Kens, and playing Pac-Man and playing with the Juke Box. 

As for favorite pizza, I'm a pepperoni and cheese guy.  But I like several different cheeses on it.  I will at times get sausage. 

A new chain popping up in my area the last few years is Marco's.  I like their Pepperoni Magnifico pizza.

When I was younger I disliked Dominoes, but years back when they changed their recipes, I now like them.

I liked a chain called Johnny's New York pizza, especially for their garlic knots, but they are all closing near me. 

Homemade, I like Chef Boyardee kits.  It has a can of sauce and a bag of dough mix.  Add water, let dough rise 20 minutes, then top with the sauce and add your own toppings.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2021, 04:58:50 PM »
I think I'll have a pizza on my next cheat day. I ordered the Mediterranean Vegetable sandwich from Dominos last week. It was my first time trying banana peppers. They're yummy! I should get them on my next pizza.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2021, 09:31:38 AM »
I LOVE veggie pizza, the cold kind you make, with cream cheese and tiny fresh veggies.  :dribble: I also love fruit pizza,  sugar cookie crust, greek yogurt, fresh fruit...

I have fallen out of love with traditional pizza. (Veggies for toppings are my favorite though.) Especially over the years, I have consumed A LOT of it. More than the average bear. I live in an area where we make Jack's, Orv's, Tombstone, Lozza Mozza to name a few. You used to be able to get 10 pizzas for $10.
Now that pizzas average $7-10 each they've lost their luster.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2021, 05:49:57 AM »
Harmonie, we have a Mazzio's in my town, so I wondered if maybe you were in the southern US.  I went and looked at a Mazzio's location map, and LOL, almost every Mazzios location is west of the Mississippi, and there's this poor lonely one all by itself in Georgia.  I was not aware of that, and this store is probably older than I am.  I have fond memories of eating there as a kid in the 80's when it was Kens, and playing Pac-Man and playing with the Juke Box.

Yeah, I live in the South, unfortunately. In fact, we have the most Mazzio's by far in my state. We do plan on moving (hopefully to the Northeast) and it's just now dawning on me that there would be no Mazzio's and I wouldn't be able to have Ken's pizza anymore.  :( Oh well.

I was born in the late 80s, so I don't have such memories. I believe I have a memory of seeing a Ken's, though. I know there was one pretty close to where I live that was replaced by an Arby's and I can bring up a picture of what it looked like. Whether or not that is a true memory, I do not know. lol

|My Collection|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal