collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What's your favorite pizza?  (Read 5648 times)

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
What's your favorite pizza?
« on: October 18, 2020, 08:20:26 PM »
I love Pizza Hut but I'm outside their delivery zone :( I really wanted some pizza so I tried Domino's for the first time in a very long time. I hated Domino's but decided to give them another try since it's been so long. It wasn't bad. The pan pizza is actually quite nice. I just wish it came in a large size. Next time I want to try the Brooklyn crust. Little Caesars is pretty decent for 5 bucks. As far as any others, I've had Papa John's in the past, but they're on my boycott list. We have Jet's pizza here, but I've never tried it, and they also don't deliver to me.

For frozen pizzas my favorite is Red Baron. It's been my favorite since I was a kid. I love the sauce and crust. I always get the 4 cheese classic or 5 cheese brick oven and add my own toppings and extra cheese. Yum. If those are sold out or not available, my next choice is Freschetta or good ol' Tombstone. I think DiGiorno is over priced and I hate the dough, it's too sweet. I've wanted to try Screamin' Sicilian Wisconsin cheese pizza, it's got chucks of mozzarella on it but it's another pricey one and what if I hate it?

I've made homemade pizza before when you could still buy frozen bread dough from the bakery. All the premade pizza doughs I've tried I didn't like, so I would get french bread rolls and proof them on the counter, haha. Then smash 'em into pizza dough. It's been a really long time since I did that though.

Now, vegetable pizza I've made more recently. I use Pillsbury crescent roll dough and dry ranch dressing seasoning mixed with sour cream as the "sauce". Then top it with all the veggies! Shredded carrots make a fun "cheese" :P It's delicious and refreshing. Oh, you only cook the dough... not the whole pizza, the veggies are raw.

What's your favorite? What kinds of pizza do you have where you live? :)  :yummy:  :pizza:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
Re: What's your favorite pizza?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2020, 08:27:43 PM »
Oooh tough one!There's a company here called Hell's Pizza which does some amazing vegetarian and vegan stuff.

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2020, 11:53:58 PM »
Ooh, yes, pizza is fantastic! :D My favourite is Iceland's own brand thin crust smoky barbeque vegetable pizza, it's absolutely lush with some spicy potato wedges on the side. We also have Domino's and Pizza Hut in town, but I'm avoiding both of those because one of them made me really ill and I can't remember which of them is the culprit. It's also on my to-do list to learn how to do homemade pizza as well, it looks like it'd be good fun and it'd be nice to be able to try different combinations of toppings. :yummy:

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2020, 12:07:18 AM »
Ohh I love me some good pizza!
We recently got Lou Malnatis pizza in my area and it’s already BY FAR some of my favorite pizza I’ve had. Im. It often a pizza critic since I feel they’re mostly the same, but the quality in their pizza is undeniable. Unfortunately, they are kinda far from me. It’s worth the drive sometimes though! A close number two is a local place called Spinatos  that has a really good spinach and tomato pizza. Their sauce is really sweet, it almost tastes like a candy. A couple other places I really like are Barros pizza and Little Ceasers is good if you need lots of pizza for cheap. Their deep dish is really good actually!

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2020, 10:54:09 AM »
There's a place down the road from me which sells pizza & is on Just Eat (UK online order & delivery service), so I can get one delivered. My fave from there is Earth friendly (a pizza with vegetarian toppings) & I add what few veggies aren't already on it to the toppings. You can make your own pizzas as well, by selecting up to ten different toppings. It's a great place & its owner is friendly & an overall decent person.
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline eveningstar79

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2020, 11:01:59 AM »
I think my fave pizza is  Pizza Margherita,there was a local pizza place not far from where I live that had it but since they moved I haven’t gone back and had any in a long time  :huh: the only other places are the chains like dominos or Pizza Hut and they don’t have it . We had little ceasers stuffed crust two days ago because we just wanted some take out and it had been months since I’ve had any takeout, just plain cheese with stuffed crust cause  that’s the only pizza my daughter eats.

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2020, 11:08:50 AM »
My favorite is pepperoni and mushroom. I think it always has been, haha.

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2020, 11:57:17 AM »
Oooh tough one!There's a company here called Hell's Pizza which does some amazing vegetarian and vegan stuff.

That name is hilarious! :lol:

My favorite company is Little Caesar's. My favorite kind is pepperoni and mushroom, but I also like Hawaiian.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Dreamer

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2020, 12:24:47 PM »
Obligatory music theme while reading this topic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n034ODGVlNE

As for an actual answer, Domino's actually pretty good here in my country (as far as I know). I heard there's a pretty good mom & pop's pizzeria at a town next to mine, and I'd like to try, but in current circumstances... I wonder if I can get their phone number and place an order for delivery, tho.

As for specific pizzas, I like them with thick, almost bread-like crust, not too cheesy (I find melty, stringy cheese too gross  :X) and with chicken, mushroom and onion  :P

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2020, 12:55:21 PM »
We usually order from Panago here in our house. My favourite topping is pepperoni. Not too cheesy, not too pepperoni but just right.
Obligatory music theme while reading this topic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n034ODGVlNE
At all my DnD groups meetups, we order pizza usually. And when the pizza comes we always play this until everybody is finished. It’s funny! We will be in the middle of combat or a super intense moment and then...pizza time! And the music starts to play!
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline dragglereeka

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2020, 07:19:37 AM »
I love pizza ! ( a little too much.) I often get the vegan pizzas from Papa John's (UK.) How come they are on your boycott list? Have I missed some controversy ?

Home made pizza is always fun - I like loads of cheese, bbq sauce, pineapple ;) and mushrooms !

*Thankyou to Strawberry Swirl for my avatar*

Offline yourpinkoverlord

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • McDonald's Pony
  • I, for one, welcome our new pony overlords
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2020, 09:06:51 AM »
My favorite is Pizza Time Pizza...no, I'm just kidding (check out that video series tho it's glorious).

I love pizza with as much meat as possible, but I also like Hawaiian.

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2020, 09:30:26 AM »
How come they are on your boycott list? Have I missed some controversy ?

The founder and CEO (Papa John himself) made some racist remarks during an interview. He stepped down as CEO and has nothing to do with the company anymore, but I still can't bring myself to buy from them.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2020, 09:53:12 AM »
My favorite is Pizza Time Pizza...no, I'm just kidding (check out that video series tho it's glorious).
Your icon is glorious and I give you 5/5 dashies.

I used to have Pizza Hut because of stuffed crust pizzas, but my favorite fresh was MOD PIZZA! They're so good, maybe it's just a GenZ/LateMillenial thing with made-to-order stuff, but they really had something good goin' on. I loved Digornos for frozen stuff and could eat a half a large pizza after classes.
Now, I'm really dissapointed with the options for frozen gluten free pizzas. I really like me a thick crust and everything is THIN. I also don't care for cauliflower crust either. The best sub I've found is the Bobs Red Mill GF pizza crust mix. You sort of have to paint it on a tray but freedom to add as much cheese and 'noni as I want is always a great thing, since I like it very heavy on the toppings.
My go-to is pepperoni all over the place (turkey is my favorite kind but anything will do), mushrooms, peppers, and tons of cheese. And more cheese. Stuffed crust. Buffalo sauce!! It's a double-whammy for my reflux but it really adds something. I've not had pineapple on pizza since it usually eats up my mouth too much, but I am interested and would love to try it one day.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2020, 12:57:28 PM »
My favorite is pepperoni and mushroom. I think it always has been, haha.
Same! I've had it from lots of different restaurants. So good.  I don't have a favorite pizza place.  Just as long as it's not too greasy and they have a thin crust option, I'm happy.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal