collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Problem with eBayer  (Read 6692 times)

Offline ponytales

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with eBayer
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2020, 03:53:39 AM »
She got eBay involved, I refunded, she left a negative anyway. Now I'm down from 100% to 97.5%  :cry:

Be honest guys, does this hurt me reputation wise? That was my biggest fear xx
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 06:20:20 AM by ponytales »
Currently seeking Italian Blue Lickety Split :inlove:

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2020, 06:33:41 AM »
She got eBay involved, I refunded, she left a negative anyway. Now I'm down from 100% to 97.5%  :cry:

u_u; I'm so angry on your behalf. I find it ridiculous that people can successfully do an INAD case, but not give a single picture to prove it. I would of assumed that ebay would of asked her for a picture as well with such a fresh account.

I noticed she gave two negs in a row, saying the same thing...

If ebay won't change it... (which I am doubtful), try not to fret about it so much. I think most buyers ignore the 100%, or click it to see what happened. I believe the negative % drops off after a year. It'll also go up a bit, if you sell a few more things..

Did your contact at ebay say anything about this?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 06:35:56 AM by banditpony »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2020, 07:46:48 AM »
I wouldn't worry too much about it affecting your sales.  try to stick with sales to MLP Arena people!  Put a link in your signature to your shop.

unfortunately Ebay has made it far too easy for scammers to file INAD cases.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline ponytales

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2020, 08:13:21 AM »

I noticed she gave two negs in a row, saying the same thing...

Did your contact at ebay say anything about this?

I pointed this out to eBay, but it was never addressed. I must’ve spoken to five different people over the last two days. One of which guaranteed the feedback would be removed, however I’m told “it doesn’t breach their policy as the buyer is merely stating their opinion of their experience”

I messaged her saying I’m sorry it didn’t work out and I respect her decision to leave a negative (because there’s no way eBay will remove, so gave me no choice but to accept it). She’s since reached out saying ‘we both have different takes on what happened...’, so I’ve been cordial and kindly asked if she would revise her feedback, even just changing from a negative to a neutral. I’m yet to hear back, but I’ll let you know what she says. She may very well ignore or refuse. I have never ever had a return, so it’s just upsetting overall.

If only there were another auction platform that attracted the same traffic as eBay, but sadly, they have the monopoly  :(

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2020, 08:31:23 AM »
Yeah, it's pretty clear they don't remove feedback unless there's something false with it. And with the refund, you can't do anything with the case. I personally think it was a scam to begin with, so I don't think there would of been a good outcome anyway. I was crossing my fingers that ebay would of helped you out more. u_u

As I said before, I just find it baffling they didn't ask for a photo. I know I've had to upload a photo for proof before, and I've had my account in good standing since '02.

I don't think it matters where someone sells, be it online or in person, there's always a risk of a scam or bad experience.

My husband sells expensive things, like vintage cameras. He had a case opened saying a lens was damaged upon approval, even though there was evidence the dude actually dropped the item and damaged it himself. My husband lost the case, and had negative feedback. People still buy from him... That's why I say, try not to let it bother you so much.

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2020, 09:12:46 AM »
Oh yuck. I'll definitely keep that person's user name on the back burner as one not to do business with. It's hearing stories like this that make me terrified to sell on Ebay. I was on the opposite end of your situation a couple weeks ago (received an item I did not order), and the FIRST thing I did was to take pictures, with the original packaging, and sent them when I contacted the seller. I realized it was my word against theirs, and I was still worried my proof wouldn't be enough. But that's logically where your buyer should have started! I'm sorry that happened to you.

As far as the feedback, I always check someone's negative feedback and take it with a grain of salt. Sometimes people leave bad feedback for stupid reasons, and it doesn't deter me from buying anyway. If I saw a rebuttal to negative feedback on this transaction, such as, 'buyer refused to send photos when I tried to resolve the situation', I would assume a scam buyer.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2020, 12:45:23 PM »
I'm usually the buyer these days on Ebay so I haven't seen that side to things  :( I don't worry too much if sellers have the odd neg because there are always arguments and disagreements and sometimes that is with the postal service and neither party's fault. I doubt you will lose buyers. I'd love to see a reply to the neg on your profile if you're able to add one and I will certainly block that user.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline ponytales

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2020, 02:30:09 PM »
I'm usually the buyer these days on Ebay so I haven't seen that side to things  :( I don't worry too much if sellers have the odd neg because there are always arguments and disagreements and sometimes that is with the postal service and neither party's fault. I doubt you will lose buyers. I'd love to see a reply to the neg on your profile if you're able to add one and I will certainly block that user.

Thanks everyone :heart:

My eBay feedback page is here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/fdbk/feedback_profile/*ponytales*?filter=feedback_page:All

I have posted a response so I hope people can see through this. I have some lovely ponies coming up soon that I was so excited to list and I'd hate for this to ruin it xx

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2020, 02:51:58 PM »
There's a company that will send an anonymous envelope full of glitter to someone.  It really makes you want to do that...  :devious:

Offline flying_narwhal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Etsy Store
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2020, 03:43:55 PM »
I am so sorry to hear that the situation ended that way... There really needs to be better protections for sellers in cases like this (especially when the buyer is new and the seller has a good track record).

Don't let the negative feedback get to you! I know it must be frustrating, especially since you did nothing wrong. I personally don't hold negative feedback against a seller unless it looks like a chronic problem mentioned by multiple buyers. Your excellent feedback history speaks for itself and any reasonable buyer would still purchase from you.

Offline ponytales

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2020, 12:21:32 PM »
Oh my, it gets better!

I've been put through to a manager and I asked what would happen if I see her selling the item on?  That is surely breaking the rules as she made a false claim saying she didn't receive it, got her money back, but then sold it on.

And apparently, you'll love this, that's not against the rules! Because I wouldn't be able to actually prove that the item she's selling is the one I originally refunded her for! And also, as eBay never forced me to refund her and I did it to close the case and try to make peace, it's on me and I have nowhere to turn.

I even pointed out that the buyer admitted they only assumed the package was from me because the postage mark came from the UK.... they admitted this in the messages for the reps to see, but apparently makes no difference.

The negative feedback is "merely a reflection of the buyers experience, so cannot be removed" and "we are not an insurance company so it is not our place to decide who is lying". Direct quotes.

Watch out folks, the Bay is getting worse...  :shocked:

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2020, 01:15:05 PM »
Yeah, eBay isn't going to put extra effort in decided who is right or wrong. That's why usually the solution is the item gets sent back for a full refund.

I didn't realize you closed the case... So, you did close the chance of them potentially doing anything in your favor. :(

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2020, 02:36:17 PM »
Ebay has been questionable in their seller support since they stopped allowing sellers to leave negative feedback for buyers.

Although I am not a fan of the fact negatives get wiped out after a year now (they never used to be), in this context I think it's a good thing, as it will drop off in 12 months. In the old days it used to be permanent.

I am not sure if this was a scam or an actual mistake that once it was opened the person decided to go to extremes on as if by doing so they could make it true. Because of those comments about "having a different take" and then admitting they assumed it was from you because of the postmark, rather than being certain. A proper scammer doesn't admit those things or say those things. I am wondering whether someone else opened the package ahead of her and maybe messages got scrambled. I remember her saying about getting the packing out of the trash, but her husband had to do that? It doesn't sound like she paid a lot of attention to a package. But I have found in the past that people, when they make a mistake, sometimes cling to it even more firmly and go to town on defending it because they feel stupid.

...I think that's what you were a victim of here. I wouldn't be surprised if someone in her family opened it and just told her that was what was in it. Or some other reason, maybe something happened to the pony after it was opened...

In any case, the conclusion sucks and I'm sorry it ended that way. Will be taking the bidder name and adding it to my block list.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2020, 02:52:44 PM »
Although I am not a fan of the fact negatives get wiped out after a year now (they never used to be), in this context I think it's a good thing, as it will drop off in 12 months. In the old days it used to be permanent.

I believe the negative stays. It's the percentage that gets modified.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2020, 02:58:26 PM »
Oh my, it gets better!

I've been put through to a manager and I asked what would happen if I see her selling the item on?  That is surely breaking the rules as she made a false claim saying she didn't receive it, got her money back, but then sold it on.

And apparently, you'll love this, that's not against the rules! Because I wouldn't be able to actually prove that the item she's selling is the one I originally refunded her for! And also, as eBay never forced me to refund her and I did it to close the case and try to make peace, it's on me and I have nowhere to turn.

I even pointed out that the buyer admitted they only assumed the package was from me because the postage mark came from the UK.... they admitted this in the messages for the reps to see, but apparently makes no difference.

The negative feedback is "merely a reflection of the buyers experience, so cannot be removed" and "we are not an insurance company so it is not our place to decide who is lying". Direct quotes.

Watch out folks, the Bay is getting worse...  :shocked:

So what's to stop one of us from doing it to her should she resell it?  Based entirely on this information, eBay would have no recourse but to force her to give it up as well and not do anything to whoever purchased it from her.  And really, a photograph showing what was "inside" the package could be very easily faked.  All it would require is to remove the original item, find another item of similar size and place it inside.  (Sorry, I'm a writer and go through many scenarios of what would and wouldn't work for my villains to get away with things so I think of stuff like this all the time--not that I'd actually do it.)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal