collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Problem with eBayer  (Read 6688 times)

Offline ponytales

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Problem with eBayer
« on: October 15, 2020, 02:28:37 PM »
Hi guys,

I have no idea how this is going to pan out. Long story short, I sold Sand Digger and the buyer has now opened a return request claiming I sent them 2 cd's and a stuffed bunny instead! (I don't even own these kinds of items...)

I am trying to dispute this, but I have never dealt with any return before so I have no idea what I'm doing in that respect. My reputation is flawless. I think though (annoyingly) I have accidently accepted the return request, when all I meant to do was send the buyer a message or dispute the claim etc. Like I say, I have never dealt with a return before, so didn't realise I accepted the return. I'm now told this is irreversible, so it's inevitable I'll be required to refund for something I didn't do.

It's just a heads up really as I know a lot of my customers are on the Arena, and I wanted to let you know that you mean the world to me, this 100% did not happen and that I may get a negative feedback for this, that's my biggest fear  :(

Any advice is appreciated, but honestly I'm not sure there's a way to fight this.

Stay safe xx

« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 02:36:13 PM by ponytales »
Currently seeking Italian Blue Lickety Split :inlove:

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: Problem with eBayer
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2020, 02:55:15 PM »
Did they open the case as SNAD (Significantly not as Described)? If so, I think you just have to play eBay's game.
Here's a link to suggestions by someone on the eBay forums. I'm assuming it's geared towards USA sellers, but can give you a general idea of what you can do to fight in this situation.
...Not anything easy at least.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2020, 02:59:53 PM »
That's awful. I'm sorry you are being scammed. The only thing you can attempt to do is try to get in contact with ebay, but I don't think you'd be able to reverse anything if you already accepted a return.

If you are comfortable sharing the user's name, I'm sure people here would love to put that kind of person on their block list.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2020, 08:10:24 PM »
If you are comfortable sharing the user's name, I'm sure people here would love to put that kind of person on their block list.

I second this.

And if they do leave a negative you can respond to it on your feedback page.

Offline flying_narwhal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Etsy Store
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2020, 12:56:08 PM »
I'm so sorry you're dealing with this, such a frustrating situation. If you haven't already I would contact eBay either by phone (though I find their phone support to be...lacking...) or chat (I prefer the chat feature personally). They make it annoyingly easy to accidentally accept a return without confirmation... If you're looking for chat, on the main page go to "Contact Us" > scroll down to "Need More Help? Contact Us" > Then go through the prompts to select your specific situation. I've had some luck using the chat feature for help in the past.

eBay is kind of iffy in these situations. Unfortunately the buyer usually has the upper hand unless there is a pattern of abuse recorded on their account. Regardless of what happens, definitely report this person for abusing the system. I'm not sure if it's the same on ebay UK's website but next to their order on your "Manage Orders" page is a drop down with the option to report them to eBay and leave a note about what happened.

Offline ponytales

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2020, 02:42:42 AM »
Thanks guys!

I reported them on the day it happened, however eBay can’t tell me about any progress of the report. I guess they may be removed if they have too many of these complaints. They seem relatively new based on their feedback.

More than happy to share their name, just in case. They go by natla-1815.

I asked for photo evidence nearly 48 hours ago and was told they would send it to me ‘in the am’, but never did. Should I chase them on that do you think? They also mentioned that ‘there was a little damage to the right side of the box but don’t don’t think it’s been tampered with. I just know this isn’t what I ordered’.

Well, I know I never sent them cd’s and a stuffed bunny - why on earth would I do that?!  :huh:

I personally would be interested in seeing photo evidence, only because my packaging is very specific, so I’d recognise it instantly. It’s also hit me that I ship single ponies out in quite a small box, so wondering if two cd’s would even fit!

This person also sells ponies, if that matters. Genuinely not sure if I’m being scammed or if the box could have been legitimately messed with en route (maybe in customs?) and the contents were replaced incorrectly. There is no way to reverse accepting a return, which was a total accident, but I haven’t sent them a postage label yet, so eBay advised me to ask for photo evidence xx

« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 03:50:09 AM by ponytales »

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2020, 07:27:43 AM »
I hope Ebay can assist you!  Thanks for sharing
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline ponytales

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2020, 08:40:51 AM »
Update, I got a response when I asked for photos:

“I’ve had the flu all week. I’ll have to dig it (the packaging) out of the trash as my husband threw it away. It had to be yours though because it had a Great Britain stamp on it of the queen I think, and I haven’t ordered anything else from overseas. I need you to send me the return shipping label so I can send them back to you”

I’m about to get onto eBay chat again in the hopes that they can tell me there’s a way out of this - I obviously don’t want her returning items to me that I didn’t send in the first place!

I’m this close to just offering a partial refund and telling her not to worry about the return xx
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 08:42:26 AM by ponytales »

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2020, 11:29:02 AM »
The only way I've managed to get the ebay chat to work for me before has been by going through the options to close account and then it comes up. If it's more acccessible now it's good news.

Customs mix up seems unlikely, can't imagine them putting things in the wrong package (you sent yourself, right? Not GSP? they do repack things then).

Them not providing photos is a big red flag to me though. If you get a wrong item you take photos of it right away to report it, surely? Not "threw the packaging in the trash but now want a refund". That in itself is dodgy behaviour. YOu need the evidence to prove your case.

The only thing that could be in their defence is if they had 2 packages the same day and she got confused. Or I guess if the post sent her the wrong item and she didn't check the label clearly. But that's not very exact - "It had the Queen on it so it must've been you."

Sigh. 

Good luck with the ebay chat. Point out to them these things as well, because right now they don't have any evidence to back up the claim.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2020, 11:59:18 AM »
I asked for photo evidence nearly 48 hours ago and was told they would send it to me ‘in the am’, but never did. Should I chase them on that do you think? They also mentioned that ‘there was a little damage to the right side of the box but don’t don’t think it’s been tampered with. I just know this isn’t what I ordered’.

Update, I got a response when I asked for photos:

“I’ve had the flu all week. I’ll have to dig it (the packaging) out of the trash as my husband threw it away.

I still think this is fishy. I'd still try to get feedback from ebay before any sort of refund.

She is aware you asked for pictures, which is completely fair on your part. She's known since that am she said she'd get pictures, that the packaging was apparently in the trash. She couldn't ask her husband to dig it out then?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 12:01:46 PM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2020, 12:28:05 PM »
I'm pretty sure returns need to be shipped in the original packaging?

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Aeryala

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2020, 02:37:33 PM »
This is fishy af.  The fact that she also sells ponies is a huge red flag for being a possible scammer, to me.  Keep an eye on her sales in the future, and report her to ebay if she posts the ponies you sent her. 

From my experience with ebay, they'll probably end up making you do a half refund, even if the buyer refuses to provide any proof of their claims.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 02:39:14 PM by Aeryala »

Offline ponytales

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2020, 02:46:00 PM »
Thanks everyone.

Taffeta, I accessed chat by going through Help & Contact>Scroll to the bottom for Contact Us>Selling>Relevant subject (returns)>Chat option at the bottom of the page.

It first brings up an automated bot, to which I've learnt never actually tell the bot your problem as it won't help. Instead, I said "chat", the bot asked what is was about, so I said "returns" and it transferred me through to a human (I was quite surprised that worked!)

The story of ALL the packaging being thrown out does seem thin, but I was expecting that very response to be honest. Surely if the order is wrong and you intend to return, you keep everything as it is just in case. My return address is also on the side of the box, so you would think you'd put it aside so you didn't lose it. But she's putting the blame on her husband here :blink:
I'm eager to see any photo evidence as my packaging is very specific and instantly recognisable. If she conveniently can't send pictures, I may ask her to describe it instead.

She's saying I sent her two CD's and a stuffed bunny, so I've also asked her the size of the stuffed bunny (so I can see if it fits into my single pony shipping boxes. If it doesn't, I have that argument). She's also aware that I have eBay involved and they are advising me of how I should be handling it.

So far, eBay have said they can see my reputation speaks for itself, however I do have to prove my case, which is hard as it's just my word. I'm apparently so far doing the right thing in asking for photo's and communicating with the buyer. But if they can't or don't send photo's, I should offer a partial refund (they say 50%).

And if they refuse the partial refund, eBay will step in and make a decision. Which is likely to favour the buyers side. I very much tried to plead my case, but all I got was a continuous 'I understand this is frustrating...'. And if I am to receive my first negative over this, I can try to appeal. Hope it doesn't get to that stage.

Post Merge: October 18, 2020, 02:47:11 PM

This is fishy af.  The fact that she also sells ponies is a huge red flag for being a possible scammer, to me.  Keep an eye on her sales in the future, and report her to ebay if she posts the ponies you sent her. 

From my experience with ebay, they'll probably end up making you do a half refund, even if the buyer refuses to provide any proof of their claims.

Yes, I'm absolutely keeping tabs on her listings just in case Sand Digger pops up!

Post Merge: October 18, 2020, 02:48:26 PM

« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 02:49:39 PM by ponytales »

Offline ponytales

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2020, 12:44:23 PM »
Ok so, I still haven't heard from the buyer, still no photo evidence.

eBay are recommending that I send them a return label and if they return the wrong item (which they will), I can make a case that the buyer filed a 'false return request' and have it reversed   :blink:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2020, 01:31:12 PM »
well if she returns something, definitely take video/photos as you open it
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal