collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Rakuten Kobo  (Read 1386 times)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Rakuten Kobo
« on: October 13, 2020, 06:57:57 AM »
I just bought one! Lucky me. I feel like since my husband doesn't read, books shouldn't dominate our house as much as they did in my flat, so I'm only keeping certain books and not buying normal paperbacks any more.

Has anyone else been down this road before iether with Kobo or Kindle etc? How did you get on?
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Rakuten Kobo
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2020, 07:05:11 AM »
Our kindle sits in a box, never charged.  We built 3 more bookshelves instead :)
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2020, 09:44:59 AM »
I have a kindle, and I have probably not used it that much since lockdown started. Which may seem a bit weird but when I bought it, my intentions were to use it for travel and so on, as well to relax. The 'shielding' aspect of lockdown for us meant that for about 2 months I wasn't able to concentrate on anything like reading, academic work, whatever, so it kind of got left on the side.

Prior to lockdown I had read War & Peace (fine except the rants about napoleon, didn't take me anywhere near as long as the Kindle suggested it would), the Iliad (do not recommend that) and six or seven other novels. But not for a while since.

During the less stressful covid months of lockdown over the summer I was doing online courses in web design and excel and am now working on a bunch of projects including my pony website, but also reformatting my phd thesis and that requires a lot of reading...so the kindle is still on the unit. I cannot use it for academic books, I need to be able to pencil note them , especially the ones in Japanese, so that takes priority.

...Which is sad as one of the reasons I wanted the Kindle was to get back to my favourite childhood hobby of reading after having to read so much academic stuff for my PhD over 4-5 years.

I also have audible, but again, the lack of being able to travel has severely reduced my use of this because I don't like to have it on in the background as much. I did get some good use out of that when I was waiting for my sister at the dentist the other week though. Her appt took 2 hours...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2020, 08:59:31 AM »
Our kindle sits in a box, never charged.  We built 3 more bookshelves instead :)

Heh, I worry that will happen to me too!I am a lover of physical objects that is for sure.

Post Merge: November 30, 2020, 09:02:26 AM

I have a kindle, and I have probably not used it that much since lockdown started. Which may seem a bit weird but when I bought it, my intentions were to use it for travel and so on, as well to relax. The 'shielding' aspect of lockdown for us meant that for about 2 months I wasn't able to concentrate on anything like reading, academic work, whatever, so it kind of got left on the side.

Prior to lockdown I had read War & Peace (fine except the rants about napoleon, didn't take me anywhere near as long as the Kindle suggested it would), the Iliad (do not recommend that) and six or seven other novels. But not for a while since.

During the less stressful covid months of lockdown over the summer I was doing online courses in web design and excel and am now working on a bunch of projects including my pony website, but also reformatting my phd thesis and that requires a lot of reading...so the kindle is still on the unit. I cannot use it for academic books, I need to be able to pencil note them , especially the ones in Japanese, so that takes priority.

...Which is sad as one of the reasons I wanted the Kindle was to get back to my favourite childhood hobby of reading after having to read so much academic stuff for my PhD over 4-5 years.

I also have audible, but again, the lack of being able to travel has severely reduced my use of this because I don't like to have it on in the background as much. I did get some good use out of that when I was waiting for my sister at the dentist the other week though. Her appt took 2 hours...

I like the Kobo because I can save scientific articles to Pocket/Dropbox and add notes and stuff. Maybe it has more functionality than a Kindle, I haven't tried out all the features yet though. When I finally make it to the dentist I guess I'll probably take two hours as well! I never thought I would actually miss the dentist and hairdresser. Fingers crossed you are able to travel again soon.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 09:02:26 AM by Artemesia's Garden »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2020, 10:17:42 PM »
I absolutely love my kindle! I bought one with extra storage just because I'm so addicted to reading haha. I do enjoy paper books, and I do still own a few, mainly ones that I loved but have not been released as e-book yet, (or just nostalgic things like all my first edition harry potter hard covers that my grandparents bought me as released, and they wrote special notes in the covers<3)
But my kindle takes up so little space, It also fits in my coat pocket which is extremely nice for work.
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal