collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Does anyone collect Schleich, Safari, CollectA, or similar vinyl figures?  (Read 7114 times)

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone collect Schleich, Safari, CollectA, or similar vinyl figures?
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2020, 02:24:49 AM »
Hopefully Breyer won't make the same mistakes as they did before. I heard that their brushable line had no tail clamps and tails would easily fall out.

I can't say anything about their new products but I got an older brushable from the early 00s and yes, they only had the tails and manes glued in. The glue had dried up and the mane came off the moment I got it out of package x__x
The tail was kind of secured in the way Barbie horses had them, kind of knotted around an internal log. But the hair was so dry, it broke off upon pulling.

Post Merge: December 18, 2020, 02:44:59 AM

http://www.identifyyourbreyer.com/2021new.htm

Here's better pics of the entire 2021 line-up for the first half of the year. I gotta say, the Traditionals next year really positively surprised me. Brishen as a black unicorn, the return of the Icelandic sculpt and new Trads featuring mustangs from the Cloud herd! Last but not least, the new drafter mould as a speckled Horse of the Ardennes.
I have no clue if I'll have funds for Breyer in 2021 but I am really into the Ardenner and the Icelandic. Depending on how they'll look irl I'll try to get one of these boys.

I sadly fell in love with PNSO and each of their figures I want costs something inbetween a Classic and a Traditional, and I want four already. Really bad news, considering I also wanted to try and get into digital Breyerfest next year, but eh... My pets always come first and I always need to save up money in case one of them needs vet care. Real animals >>>>>>>>> plastic animals :lol:
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 02:44:59 AM by Zapper »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2020, 06:43:07 AM »
Hopefully Breyer won't make the same mistakes as they did before. I heard that their brushable line had no tail clamps and tails would easily fall out.

I can't say anything about their new products but I got an older brushable from the early 00s and yes, they only had the tails and manes glued in. The glue had dried up and the mane came off the moment I got it out of package x__x
The tail was kind of secured in the way Barbie horses had them, kind of knotted around an internal log. But the hair was so dry, it broke off upon pulling.

Post Merge: December 18, 2020, 02:44:59 AM

http://www.identifyyourbreyer.com/2021new.htm

Here's better pics of the entire 2021 line-up for the first half of the year. I gotta say, the Traditionals next year really positively surprised me. Brishen as a black unicorn, the return of the Icelandic sculpt and new Trads featuring mustangs from the Cloud herd! Last but not least, the new drafter mould as a speckled Horse of the Ardennes.
I have no clue if I'll have funds for Breyer in 2021 but I am really into the Ardenner and the Icelandic. Depending on how they'll look irl I'll try to get one of these boys.

I sadly fell in love with PNSO and each of their figures I want costs something inbetween a Classic and a Traditional, and I want four already. Really bad news, considering I also wanted to try and get into digital Breyerfest next year, but eh... My pets always come first and I always need to save up money in case one of them needs vet care. Real animals >>>>>>>>> plastic animals :lol:

Oh that sucks! Sorry to hear the hair came out Zapper.

Livingston, Chocolatey and Arctic Grandeur are gorgeous
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 06:46:17 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2020, 05:05:14 PM »
THAT UNICORN IN THE VANNER MOLD! :biggrin: I feel like he’s a custom, made just for me—he’s everything I’ve been wanting! Oh, and I just have to say that 90s Throwback screams “Fashion Star Filly”, to me. XD

The Bayala releases have been really cartoony-faced since the movie came out. :/ Especially the elves... eek. I hope it’s just a phase, or they get backlash and revert to the realistic paint jobs.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 05:08:58 PM by Nemesis »
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2020, 06:01:42 PM »
Why does Jet the "black" thoroughbred look like a bay?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 08:02:50 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2020, 04:02:23 AM »
The Bayala releases have been really cartoony-faced since the movie came out. :/ Especially the elves... eek. I hope it’s just a phase, or they get backlash and revert to the realistic paint jobs.

It's Schleich so we can never be too sure ^^;
If the cartoony faces sell well to children they will keep them. Adult collectors have been moaning and complaining about this for years and Schleich just gets more and more toonish. So I assume the kids dig it. In that case I'll respectfully step back and say "not for me but as long as the kids like it..."
Same thing with the Bayala movie. I thought it could have been way better. Especially in the animation department. But if they wanted it to look that way to resemble the redesigned figures... heck, who am I to say no.

What I do find troublesome is the toonifying of realistic animals. Evident in some of the new wild life. Nobody can tell me a child will go for a toonfaced cat or fox when the real deal is way cuter. It screams budget cuts. Two black dots and a black line are faster to paint than shading and bicolored eyes. Greedy Schleich execs.

Post Merge: December 19, 2020, 04:12:37 AM

Why is Jet the "black" thoroughbred look like a bay?

Maybe it's your screen or the way they edited the product pic? Looks like a black to me, albeit a warm black with brown undertones instead of blue or grey. Btw, there is an in-box pic of the unicorn Le Mer and it's really green, not as light as the product pic:
https://modellpferdeversand.de/Breyer-Classic-1-12-62060-Le-Mer-Unicorn-of-the-Sea
« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 04:14:38 AM by Zapper »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2020, 08:08:55 AM »
I love the foal surprise sets with the black and dun and the bay. I'll give away the palomino, I don't like glossies. I also love the palomino and pinto gift pack.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2020, 12:14:16 PM »
I've got a new CollectA foal coming in

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2021, 01:29:56 AM »
So... I am a big fan of German sculptor and equine artist Brigitte Eberl. I try to get most of her Breyer models since her resins are out of my price range. Last year (?) she partnered with a German online store to create affordable versions of some of her resins, made from the same materials as Schleich horses and about the same size range as a CollectA.

Here is the line-up so far (but they said they are gonna make more shrunken down Eberls and more color variations)-
Gustav (two color versions), a German or Belgian drafter; Sharif (one black and a second color TBA), an Arabian; Lancelot (two color versions), a generic warmblood but close to a Hannoverian:
https://modellpferdeversand.de/WIA-Brigitte-Eberl-Edition-1-18

The line is called WIA but don't ask me what that stands for. Overseas distributor is MiniZoo, European distributor is of course the shop I linked to. But if you are interested in some of them, maybe I can get a mass order going and privately send them to you marked as gift so you won't pay a crazy amount. Just an idea, I like to spread Brigitte's art ;)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 01:32:24 AM by Zapper »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal