collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Problems With Betty Spaghetty 90's Doll  (Read 1568 times)

Offline LightingElectricDream

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Collecting Since 2002 -
    • View Profile
Problems With Betty Spaghetty 90's Doll
« on: October 08, 2020, 04:22:57 PM »
So I am In The process of Collecting Betty Dpaghetty Dolls for a YouTube Channel Launch.
I have been able to obtain almost every set but a handful of very early sets or very late ones.
I have been looking for Hannah's Doos and Hannah and sister Skate set forever I have notice that use particular sets are come up for sale very often lately. I am also on the hunt for soccer playset that I have lost Parts in a lot for sale.
Besides my frustration for searching for some sets I mentioned a few above.

Price inflation is ridicules this year. Hannah's doos sold MIB 5 months ago for $30 then it came up for sale for $80 mib.
Then I bought a lot from macari and her hair was glued in and I ended up breaking the doll cleaning out the glue. Just bad luck with this.

Anyway..

Last summer I got a ton of common sets for $15 in a lot and $30 and $50 and $75 was the most I spend for a crap ton.
And these where a mix of ones I see frequently on ebay and ones I don't see come up for sale often.

With keeping up on ebay, mercari, Depop. Poshmark.
I know know what's common and what's rare ish. I dont think anyone is really rare but maybe the socker set.

I contacted a lady asking her about her Hamnah's Doos set and she said it's worth $65 plus shipping.. I literally just bought that doll for $17 granted her hair was glued but I am sure the seller wasn't aware most betty hair peices dont come out. The Doo's sets are the only ones that do. But that's besides the point.

Since when is Betty and Ally Skate worth $65 ?
It's like when people ask for my little pony Sundance for $600 on ebay beacuse she's so rare like every single vintage MLP..right?

Why is no one looking at the sold listings history?
Why are people asking $120 for a lot of 6 sets

And guys I am willing to spend Money I just dont think anyone has any knowledge on Betty Spaghetty Dolls. It's becoming obscure and no one remembers her.

And they definitely think she's going to help pay off the mortgage apparently.

Anyone Have opinions on this?
:accomplished:

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
Re: Problems With Betty Spaghetty 90's Doll
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2020, 05:42:15 PM »
I still have my sets from childhood, thankfully... Those prices are insane.

Sadly, I think Ebay prices in general are a bit insane right now. I’m not sure if it’s a result of Covid-19 and increased online shopping/selling, but I’ve been seeing some astronomical prices on vintage (and even brand new) toys. I can’t speak for Betty specifically, but I’ve seen prices on Fashion Star Fillies, Fantasy Fillies, MLP, Transformers (of every age), and general 80s/90s toys spike hugely in 2020. It might just be a really bad time to buy, unfortunately. :(
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2020, 11:49:11 AM »
Looks like I caved and $105.00 later I finally Got A Hannah's Doos and a ton of others.. If her hair Peice It glued in like the last one I bought The seller will just cancle my order. She is going to check all the Dolls with the removable hair peice.

I think with all of my research and collecting I have gained enough knowledge that I can Probably Create a Price range for the Dolls to educate the public so that people aren't asking for $65 to $100 per common doll  :nuts:
I Could see asking maybe $40 To $80 On Hannah And Emily Skate set.
I could see $16 to to $40 at most for Hannah's Doos.
The Hannah's sets seem to be rare and don't come up as often as Betty and Zoe go figure.

Ugh I hope this the most I'll ever have to spend On a lot again..But for now I just see it happening.

How frustrating..

I just wanna launch a YouTube Channel of complete sets.  :freak:

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2020, 11:14:14 PM »
Hey Mods?

Can you move this to the ' what's your Problem ?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal