collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My Lolita Pony- would it ever take off? Pony fashion in the future?  (Read 2791 times)

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: My Lolita Pony- would it ever take off? Pony fashion in the future?
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2020, 12:50:19 AM »
MLP have had collabs with fashion labels before (Moschino, WEGO, Tutu du Monde). So it could happen.

But why not just commission a Lolita seamstress to create a MLP Lolita dress for you? It doesn't always have to be a big label, there are many talented Lolitas who make their own clothes and clothes for others. Support your community ;)

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2020, 02:38:53 AM »
I think there's a lot of fashion-themed dolls out lately, where each doll has a very specific 'theme' instead of a general modern-fashion look like Barbie. LOL Dolls are what I'm thinking of specifically here, but also Hairdorables! It would be cool to see a line of fashion-themed ponies, and maybe one could be 'fairy kei' to dodge the offensive L-name that parents won't want to buy! ;) I'd buy them!! :heart:
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 02:49:32 AM by Snapdragon »
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2020, 11:02:28 AM »
BRING ON BONNETS.  FUND FASCINATORS!  HAILLLLLLLLLLLLLL HAAAAAAAAAAAAAATS!

*ahem*  sorry.  back to your regularly scheduled programming.
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2020, 12:58:35 PM »
MLP have had collabs with fashion labels before (Moschino, WEGO, Tutu du Monde). So it could happen.

But why not just commission a Lolita seamstress to create a MLP Lolita dress for you? It doesn't always have to be a big label, there are many talented Lolitas who make their own clothes and clothes for others. Support your community ;)

I can see why someone wouldn't. Brand dresses are already expensive. I'd imagine a handmade dress would probably cost as much as a car.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Mana Minori

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2020, 10:12:21 PM »
[
Shadowonthemoon is pinkkittywings here - and the makes the most adorable clothes!
translating lolita fashion silouettes on four legged toys is not so easy- that means it work well on every doll standig on just two legs, like the takara ponies and the fashion dolls.

And also, I don't see why it needs to be specifically Takara either (besides, of course, I know you really adore them). It's not there wasn't pony fashion for the normal ponies.

No fracking way. You’re sh***ting me. It’s really pinkkitty?

Hooooooleeeeeecrap. Excuse me while I proceed to build a shrine and offer up a human sacrifice!

Their stuff is amazing!
Also, the Japanese fashion doesn’t HAVE to be limited to the ultimate best . ponies ever. Would I Like it to? Yes. Yes I would. Donn BBC I expect it to be? No i do not
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2020, 11:59:30 AM »

I can see why someone wouldn't. Brand dresses are already expensive. I'd imagine a handmade dress would probably cost as much as a car.

Completely wrong. That's like saying a selfknit sweater should cost as much as a car just because there are $1000 sweaters out there.
I happen to know two people who make dresses, including Lolita styles, on commission and prices always depend on the difficulty, time and materials used. And as a bonus you get a unique dress nobody can buy off the rack.

As for commissioned pony fashion, that would probably cost about the same as selfmade Pullip or Barbie clothes.

Offline InkyMilk

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2020, 02:33:35 PM »
I hope it's okay to comment on slightly older threads, but the whole concept of this is just the cutest thing EVER! And I absolutely believe it would be completely doable for the larger, fashion size ponies that already came with a bunch of their own accessories without being outrageously expensive for the average buyer.

I remember one of my winter-themed G3s (she's in storage now so I can't remember who exactly) came with little striped booties, a scarf and I believe earmuffs as well, which I think is a decent number of pieces, and could translate well for Lolita in the form of a skirt, stockings, and a bonnet or hairbow. Add in some plastic necklaces or hair charms and it'd be similar to the number of options Fashion Styles offer.

I think to get around calling it Lolita, it'd be simple enough to just refer to it as a "princess" look since MLP sure does love its princesses, and that word is accessible enough to most audiences.

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2020, 06:11:14 PM »
Fairy Kei is quite different from Lolita fashion, so it wouldn’t quite fit to use that label... I’d personally love to see ponies in Fairy Kei clothes as well, since they perfectly match the whole 80s-pastel-dreamland vibe. I’ve actually been seeing a ton of Fairy Kei influence in the fashion doll aisle lately, so there’s hope!

The name dilemma with Lolita fashion reminds me of the English version of the video game series “Style Savvy”/“Girls Mode”. The series is Japanese, and there are several “brands” and stores within the game that are based around Lolita fashion. Every iteration they come up with a new dub name for the style, including “Princess” and “Baby Doll”. I think that would work easily enough. There are several modern fashion doll lines that already incorporate the style without using the name.
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2020, 06:46:43 PM »
I wonder if we could manage a small Japanese fashion Ponywear swap at some point in the future. :D Shipping is expensive for ponies, but you can vacuum seal Ponywear in a small parcel!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal