collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Mattel launches Dia de los Meurtos Barbie  (Read 1786 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Mattel launches Dia de los Meurtos Barbie
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2020, 08:47:53 AM »
Looks beautiful but that price is just too high. It's like their inspiring women line that follows a good idea but is out of budget for many people interested in it.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2020, 08:50:32 AM »
Looks beautiful but that price is just too high. It's like their inspiring women line that follows a good idea but is out of budget for many people interested in it.

Like little girls and their allowance money?

Offline kCherry

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+244)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • *-* Smart Doll Obsessed *-*
    • View Profile
    • Studio 7th Sanctuary is now on Facebook
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2020, 04:51:40 AM »
I'm usually so positive in my posts here but I must say, I am so dissapointed in this doll! :( She could have been a gorgeous girl, but I am just not feeling any part of her design! Her dress is okay, but her sugar skull design is way too busy for such a tiny canvas, imho. I was very excited about her, which may play in to part of my level of dissapointment. The 2019 DotD doll was so much prettier.. Still too busy in her sugar skull paintwork, but prettier, all the same.

As for the price tag. I think Mattel is making it perfectly clear that these dolls are not for children, but adult collectors. While I certainly don't have a problem with that (I get super annoyed whenever I hear talk of Smartdoll, my doll of choice, being for children; uh-huh, cause everyone gives their kids $500 dolls. :huh: ) I do wish that Mattel would come out with similar, less expensive, PLAY quality dolls with cool themes instead of merely pumping them out in their designer label with double-digit price tags. I'd have a lot more of Barbie if I could find cool dolls for less than $50 on the shelves at Target...

Oh well, can't make everyone happy! :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Etsy shop O Ponies *** My Youtube Channel

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2020, 05:23:08 AM »

More like the women who want to give a few to their daughters/nieces or doll collectors who want them for themselves (that's me, lol). I honestly don't think the average person would spend 70€ a couple of times just to give their kid some female role models. Most people would buy a "women in history" book to achieve the same goal. That's just my take.

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2020, 07:06:39 AM »

More like the women who want to give a few to their daughters/nieces or doll collectors who want them for themselves (that's me, lol). I honestly don't think the average person would spend 70€ a couple of times just to give their kid some female role models. Most people would buy a "women in history" book to achieve the same goal. That's just my take.

Yep, I would totally buy these types of Barbies as inspiration for my daughter... however... I can't afford to put half the groceries in my cart back so that I can give her a piece of plastic made overseas. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2020, 06:05:00 PM »

Yep, I would totally buy these types of Barbies as inspiration for my daughter... however... I can't afford to put half the groceries in my cart back so that I can give her a piece of plastic made overseas.

I’m all for inspiring girls, but... It just doesn’t seem like a child would be at all drawn to these types of dolls. As a kid, I wanted to play monsters, princesses, mermaids, unicorns, etc.... How many little girls look forward to reenacting Florence Nightingale teaching better medical practices or Ella Fitzgerald performing music from decades before they were born? Mind you, I say this as someone who greatly admires both of those women. I don’t think it was a stretch for Mattel to assume that the people buying the Inspiring Women dolls would be predominantly collectors.
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2020, 06:05:57 PM »

That too.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal