collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What are some of your other interests?  (Read 9740 times)

Offline Thimble

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: What are some of your other interests?
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2021, 11:29:51 PM »
I like arts and crafts, especially trying new ones. i love visiting historical places and re-enactment villages.. Likewise historical fashion, and modern clothes inspired by it.
Science is really interesting, especially geology and botany.
Gardening when i can, flower events when i can't!

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2021, 04:14:21 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
There is also one horror fan here who loves a lot of all scary, creepy, supernatural things like ghosts, werewolves, death, vampires, etc. I also really like cute things and everything shiny and glittery. visitors can't see pics , please register or login
(Especially objects and pictures of owls!)

Listening to metal music is very important to me and I actually listen every day whenever I can.

I am not a "bookworm", but yes I am interested in horror, folk tales, folklore, Finnish and Scandinavian mythology in literature.

I like to draw especially cats, birds and nature. Nature and writing nature observations in my diary is very close to my heart. visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 04:18:49 PM by Heart Of Midnight »

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2021, 02:38:38 PM »
I'm very into gardening. I recently bought a Kobo and have been reading a lot as well. I also like to cook and play the violin or guitar.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2021, 07:22:18 PM »
So my current main non toy related interests are EDM and video games. Before the pandemic I used to go to raves and festivals in colorful outfits and I hope to go again once it's over. During the pandemic I got into open ended survival type games like Minecraft and Terraria but I've played many other kinds of games in the past.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2021, 04:38:41 AM »
I used to go to raves and festivals in colorful outfits

You must be really missing that :( Steve and I sometimes dance at home but obviously it's not the same...
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2021, 04:54:43 PM »

You must be really missing that :( Steve and I sometimes dance at home but obviously it's not the same...

Absolutely. Me and my boyfriend sometimes listen at home but can't really dance because we are on the second floor. New Year's Eve going into 2020 was when the last indoor event we attended was. We didn't go to anything in the two and a half months before events were restricted because the flu was going around (and we figured we would have all the rest of the year. Boy were we wrong.) On a more positive note we did at least get to attend one very small socially distant camping "festival" in the early fall. Basically they had a stage where they played music and everyone could dance at their campsite. Visiting other campsites wasn't allowed and you needed to mask and distance on paths and restrooms. Not as much fun as events before the virus but better than nothing.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 04:56:39 PM by Wardah »
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Itcheeee

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2021, 10:59:49 PM »
80s stuff: Care Bears, Rainbow Brite, Popples, Jim Henson stuff (lots of it), Jem, LPS, random 80s anime and cartoons.
My other main intrest is videogames, primarily the Sonic series. Others like Pokemon, Mario, and 80s Arcade games in general. Sega games overall. Anything Sonic Team made. :P 90s pc games like Catz/Dogz and Tycoons.
I also collect American Girl, certain historical dolls and the "Today" stuff from 1995 to mid 2000s, even some modern stuff.
Outside entertainment I enjoy drawing just not as frequent as I used to. I'm an introvert but I walk as often as possible, outside and just around malls, and used to trail bike a bit. Might again sometime.
Buying any and all Sonic the Hedgehog items of any kind I don't already have. Can also trade ponies of all generations.

Offline Annichen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • So Soft Pony
  • G1 MLP 4 life
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2021, 12:51:52 AM »
I've always been into finding new things to explore, as a kid I did martial arts, theatre, made movies, riding horses, collected vintage and old things in general, anything art, animals, DJing, swimming, gymnastics..and much more.

This mostly continued through my teens, and I went to raves a lot as I was a DJ. Started with ballet as well, ballet school.  And as I hit the 20s I added going out to my list, especially concerts, mainly Black Metal. Travelling a lot.
I'm into most these things still.

Now: Quit martial arts and gymnastics but got into synthesis and producing. I collect a lot of things - have a insane closet with vintage from late 1800s through every decade up till now.
Antiques and curio.
All kinds of 80s and 90s stuff, toys, clothes, everyday items like makeup and such.
Collecting rare perfumes, mainly vintage.
I own a horse so I train a lot of jumping and horsemanship and all that.
I'm also a historian so that entails restoration of silent films and archiving.
Dangerous and strange plants, mainly old witch/medicinal/psychoactive plants - that's been a passion since childhood but back then I couldn't grow my own plants. And, no, I do not use them for anything else than house plants.
I have a lot of interests..always, hehe  :blink:

Offline Star-Watcher

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Raven's Nest
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2021, 08:55:46 PM »
Since I retired from the military and then later achieved at least comfortably ever after by moving back to our old stomping grounds in Eastern Oregon (no more rent, ever; just property taxes which come to around $100 per month), interests have expanded to include biking around town; especially along the river walk  (https://www.bitchute.com/video/0iHIIKPhdR9E/), toobing along the river that goes through town (https://www.bitchute.com/video/z73urBlYPn2X/).

Also, taking care of the front and back yards as we prep them for new grass next year, and various types of gardening (sunflowers, cannabis, peppers, leeks, etc)  The first two are grow hobbies I have really immersed myself in, with intention of breeding.  These are really bringing out my inner mad scientist with the things I want to try.  :)  Seems almost cliched that retirement would result in me taking up gardening.  I also enjoy just spending time sitting on the front porch with a good drink and a bowl of some homegrown stuff, and just be.

Inside, working on my eCrater, Etsy, eBid, and eBay stores takes a good amount of my time, with some time for general YouTube and BitChute surfing, a few animes, and movies; as well as casual gaming in Valheim or City of Heroes.  About to start Borderlands 2 later tonight as well, and will probably get immersed in that for a while.

-- Star-Watcher
This space unintentionally left blank.

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2021, 01:06:26 AM »

Absolutely. Me and my boyfriend sometimes listen at home but can't really dance because we are on the second floor. New Year's Eve going into 2020 was when the last indoor event we attended was. We didn't go to anything in the two and a half months before events were restricted because the flu was going around (and we figured we would have all the rest of the year. Boy were we wrong.) On a more positive note we did at least get to attend one very small socially distant camping "festival" in the early fall. Basically they had a stage where they played music and everyone could dance at their campsite. Visiting other campsites wasn't allowed and you needed to mask and distance on paths and restrooms. Not as much fun as events before the virus but better than nothing.

At least you get to hear some live music. I think outdoor concerts must be the way to go but it needs to be more Glyndebourne...

than Glastonbury. I'd be OK with either (I am over 40 lol)

Offline rearing_palomino164

• Trade Count: (0)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Share a smile at least once a day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2021, 09:40:34 AM »
I have a lot of different stuff I love.

I really enjoy gardening, I'm trying to get better with my green thumb.

As for collecting, I used to collect ponies, but have not since g3. I collect Breyer model horses. I also love traditional animation, horses, cooking/baking, animals, Nintendo, and anything farm related. I love to go to concerns but haven't been to one in a long time.

You are the memory that lives on forever, the shadow that stands by our side.

Offline ridi

• Depends Pony
  • Bug whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Swellpage.com
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2021, 01:43:13 PM »
My absolute number one passion in life is cartoons. Naturally, I'm the most fond of the cartoons that came out the main decade I grew up in, the 90s (born in late 80s), but I appreciate them from all eras really. This is also where My Little Pony comes in, as I am a huge fan of the first 80s cartoon series.

This goes hand in hand with my passion for drawing, where my favorite field is character design and world building.

I love toy collecting in general, and I think my other collections more than make up for my relatively small pony collection. I tend to buy toys and merchandise to some degree for most media I'm a fan of, but my biggest collections are for Pokemon and Digimon. I also collect dolls to some extent, but I am extremely picky about the type of doll I pick up and have mostly come to own Pullip types. Love reading up on dolls I have no interest in owning personally and am always on the lookout for new doll blogs.

I LOVE animals and have over the years developed a particular fascination for insects. I can't do math so I can't be a biologist, but I'm currently approaching entomology from another angle by writing about the topic for my master's thesis in environmental studies. I have no idea if I'm ever going to finish this in time as I am not very academically inclined, but I figured it's worth a try.

I have two pet budgies I adore above all else.  :bird: :bird:

Also worth mentioning but won't go into detail: Video games, movies, the circus, traveling, languages, boxing

Wishlist

Offline ponyprincess2021

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2021, 07:39:53 PM »
I’m obsessed with just drawing and art. I don’t really draw mlp related stuff more of just what I think about. I also just love anything that’s cute or pastel.

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2021, 08:49:49 PM »
I'm interested in many things! I guess first it'd be easy to list other things I collect!

-Dolls (Monster High, Ever After High, Barbie, Shopkins Shoppies, LOL OMGs, Rainbow High, Pullip, Licca-chan, I'll also buy miscellaneous dolls that appeal to me too)
-Squishmallows
-Furbys
-Care Bears
-Shopkins (as I listed in the dolls, including Shoppies, which are the focus of the collection)
-Sanrio merchandise
-Animaniacs merchandise
-Pui Pui Molcar merchandise
-Koge-Donbo* (my favorite artist) merchandise
-anime/video game figures
-music (mostly CDs, sometimes vinyl)

Beyond collecting, I'm also really into listening to music of course, given I do collect it. My favorite genre is progressive rock/progressive metal!

A big interest of mine is animals, they're all great, but the arthropod phylum are some of my favorites. I think the career I would like to get in the future is getting into arthropodology. I think it'd be super fun to study my favorite animal phylum for a living. I enjoy taking pictures of them with my phone outside in my free time. I hope to upgrade to a real camera with a macro lens someday so I can get even better photos. Some of my favorite arthropods, listing them in groups:

Spoiler
Class Insecta:

-Order Lepidoptera
-Order Orthoptera
-Order Coleoptera (special shoutout to Superfamily Curculionoidea)
-Order Odonata
-Order Phasmida
-Order Mantodea

Class Arachnida:

Order Araneae (I'm not gonna list any of the taxa levels between order and family lol, too complicated):
-Family Salticidae (my #1 favorite animals of all time)
-Family Lycosidae
-Family Araneidae
-Family Theraphosidae
-Family Eresidae
-Family Deinopidae

-Order Opiliones
-Order Solifugae
-Order Amblypygi

Subphylum Myriapoda:

-Class Diplopoda

Subphylum Crustacea:

-Order Isopoda

I do upload and share photos I take of arthropods, as well as other animals and the occasional plant or fungus on iNaturalist! Here's my page! My screenname there is about Lepidopterans because I set up my iNat before I decided on Salticids being my favorite arthropods lmao. Lepidopterans remain a close second.

Fellow arthropod fans please interact.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline ridi

• Depends Pony
  • Bug whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Swellpage.com
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2021, 03:35:55 AM »
Fellow arthropod fans please interact.

Well hello?! I never thought I'd stumble across a fellow arthropod enthusiast at the pony forums!  :whoa:

I actually grew up terrified of anything crawly, but fear and fascination always went kind of hand in hand for me and as I started to put in all the effort I could to conquer my fear, it turned into an obsession, and I went from freezing in fear from large bugs to coaxing them into my bare hands very quickly.

I started out fancying the lepidoptera most of all and I still love them a lot, but now my absolute favorite is the blattodea  :lovey: Ever since I discovered hissing cockroaches at a pet shop I have been smitten with how big and gentle they are.

I also LOVE weevils and wasps. And while I'm mostly focused on insects, I like other arthropods as well, spiders and millipedes being a big favorite. I tried my hand at keeping a couple of giant African millipedes at some point, but they were unfortunately short lived. I'd like to try again sometime, but I need to gain a lot more knowledge in order to be sure I'm able to provide for them.

I tried signing up for iNaturalist but it's having some trouble loading for me right now. I'll try again later.

Wishlist

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal