collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What are some of your other interests?  (Read 9741 times)

Offline Marshie

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Local Twinkle Eye and MLP Tales fan
    • View Profile
What are some of your other interests?
« on: September 11, 2020, 08:10:31 PM »
What's everyone's other interests other than MLP and other 80s memorabilia?
Personally, I'm into horror, true crime, post-hardcore music, photography and art! I feel like I'm strange for liking cute things and horror/dark things at the same time, but I hear it's actually pretty common!
Let's talk about what you're into and see if we share anything else in common! 
:grouphug:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar by me~! Sig by NanoRuby~!
MLPArena Wishlist Full Wishlist

Offline NanoRuby

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
Re: What are some of your other interests?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2020, 08:18:51 PM »
Oh, I'm also in the "I love horror and all things dark and scary but also love cute rainbow horses" club! It's nice to know that there are more people like me out there.

I also love paleontology. My local paleontological society chapter had their first digital meeting yesterday. We learned about the differences in jaw structure between Xiphactinus audax, an extinct fish, and Megalops atlanticus, an extant fish. It sounds really nerdy, but it's the kind of stuff I get really excited about.  :redface:

Is it Halloween yet?
For Sale/Trade | Wishlist
Sig by the amazing starscout!

Offline Marshie

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2020, 08:26:42 PM »
Oh, I'm also in the "I love horror and all things dark and scary but also love cute rainbow horses" club! It's nice to know that there are more people like me out there.

I also love paleontology. My local paleontological society chapter had their first digital meeting yesterday. We learned about the differences in jaw structure between Xiphactinus audax, an extinct fish, and Megalops atlanticus, an extant fish. It sounds really nerdy, but it's the kind of stuff I get really excited about.  :redface:

Paleontology sounds really cool, doesn't sound nerdy to me!! I've only really learned about fossils, fish and animals through Animal Crossing ( :blush: ) But I feel like that's a really cool thing to learn about! Keep it up!

Also glad we have eachother at least for horror/dark themed things!! 
:happy:

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2020, 08:37:22 PM »
I feel rather one-note! Pony is definitely my largest interest. I also love thrifting and hunting for them, cleaning them up, customizing, there's a lot of activities so I don't tire myself out.
I also like Animal Crossing, Tokidoki, Pusheen, Pokemon, sewing/fabricwork, I'm getting into Moomin now...I also like organizing information on wikis and such.
There's more, I'm forgetful of those until they come up.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Marshie

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2020, 08:56:48 PM »
I feel rather one-note! Pony is definitely my largest interest. I also love thrifting and hunting for them, cleaning them up, customizing, there's a lot of activities so I don't tire myself out.
I also like Animal Crossing, Tokidoki, Pusheen, Pokemon, sewing/fabricwork, I'm getting into Moomin now...I also like organizing information on wikis and such.
There's more, I'm forgetful of those until they come up.

I feel that organizing Wikis interest! My Discord group (just a normal group of close friends) have our own wiki page that do most of the managing and editing on it! I find chronicling things to be fun as well!

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2020, 04:55:40 AM »
I like writing stories!!! I do have some stories based in my Ponyworld if you want a read of them. I also write other stories depending on my mood. I wrote a few for Pinterest & have just found the writing prompts Reddit as well. At the moment I'm writing a big story & I really look forward to getting it finished. It's one of those where I even made some simple art to go with it...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2020, 05:44:42 AM »
I'm another one of those loves horror and creepy stuff but also loves ponies. Ponies are actually the odd one of my interests, but I do like animal toys in general.

I'm a big science and nature nerd :P I've spent my life learning everything about animals (and insects and anything alive really). Animal rescue and rehabilitation is my passion, but unfortunately my health keeps me from doing it anymore.

Arts & crafts is a huge interest. I dabble in a little bit of everything but my expertise is sculpting and other 3D works. I can't draw very well but I like to paint (mainly animals :P )

Console and PC gaming is another interest. PC building and refurbishing too.

I love space! I have a telescope and the first time I saw Jupiter, I watched it for two hours :blush:

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline NanoRuby

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2020, 09:21:38 AM »
I like writing stories!!! I do have some stories based in my Ponyworld if you want a read of them.

I'd like to read them. Where can I find them?

Also BlackCurtains, you got to see Jupiter? That's so cool! Are there any other planets you've seen through your telescope?

Is it Halloween yet?
For Sale/Trade | Wishlist
Sig by the amazing starscout!

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2020, 10:56:50 AM »
I am a huge geek about anything space, quantum, physics or time.  Also the animal world.Archeology too.

MASSIVE history geek...

I like miniature things which also means I have dolls, LEGO and other small toys. 
Plus the obsession with all things Japanese, anime and manga.

Also I am into Wicca/NeoPagan stuff so I have lots of rocks and tarot.  I have a collection of rocks that look like animals, aside from my other rock collection.

I like to sew but I am terrible with patterns and following directions.  Just ask my husband who had to save a Halloween costume when I measured 4 times, made a mockup of the pattern, safety pinned and tried it on and made lots of markings... and still put the stupid thing together backwards.  THREE TIMES. 

Oh and I read a LOT of books! 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2020, 12:00:10 PM »
Movies (mostly older ones from 1980s to 2000s), music, TV shows (also of the older variety), drawing, reading, collecting things like vinyl records, old books or vintage toys, digital hoarding, walking, photography, daydreaming, world-building, lucid dreams etc.
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2020, 02:11:23 PM »
I'm also a person who enjoys cute things and spooky/scary things, it's good to know that there are other people out there with the same mix of interests!
My main deal above all else is trekking in the countryside, even though it's painful and a bit dicey as I have an injured leg that gives out if too much strain is put upon it. There's some absolutely incredible scenery in the hills just outside town and further afield, especially up on the moors. Haven't seen much of it this year due to the coronavirus situation but once it's properly safe and conscionable to go hiking again, I'll be eager to get back out among the hills and remote villages.
Reading is also a big thing for me, mostly surrealism, ghost stories and folk horror, also a bit of poetry and some classic literature.
I also love tarot reading; it's been interesting to develop a more nuanced connection with the cards over the years, although my deck is feeling its age a bit. It's been looked after well but even with being gentle, it's getting quite worn. I will have to learn to connect with a new deck sometime.
And I'm slowly getting back into writing, art and photography, trying to find an approach that feels natural. It's taking a while, but it'll be worth the effort down the line.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 02:29:38 PM by Miniature Sheep »

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2020, 03:48:19 PM »
Also BlackCurtains, you got to see Jupiter? That's so cool! Are there any other planets you've seen through your telescope?

Oh yeah! All of them! Some are just points of light though. I have a 100mm reflector scope and it's strong enough to see details like the swirls on Jupiter and some of its moons, Saturn's rings and the ice caps on Mars. I can get real close to the moon too. If it's dark enough I can see nebulae and other deep sky objects.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2020, 04:57:18 PM »
Dollhouse/miniatures. I got my first big dollhouse when I was 11, and I loved decorating it and collecting furniture for it. Unfortunately it fell apart during a cross-country move, and in 2015 I tried to rebuild it. I lost all the progress I made when I moved again a year later, and the pieces are sitting in a hopeless bin in my basement. However, I have 3 dollhouse kits that I'm hoping to build when life isn't so chaotic (one house for each of my kids, perhaps?)

Most of my interests are interests I had pre-kids. Liking things like punk-rock music and going to shows just don't really work when you have 3 kids under 6. I used to like to write, but lack of sleep has taken its toll and these days I feel like I have the inspiration and creativity of a dishcloth.

I do like to read, and lately have been really into historical fiction books. I draw sometimes, usually pictures of ponies for my son. However, at 5 years old, he is rapidly overtaking my skill as an artist, and won't need me to draw for him too much longer!

Offline Marshie

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2020, 07:41:27 PM »
It's so nice to hear everyone's other interests and it seems like we have a very diverse group here!
I hope everyone had a fun day today!!

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2020, 08:00:12 PM »
All things animal-related and nature-related!  I love learning all about animals and ecosystems, studying animal behavior, and taking care of animals.  It's also my job - I'm a biologist at a museum where we have lots of dead and live animals (my ideal day involves holding at least one live snake).  I'm also passionate about killing invasive plants...REALLY passionate :cool:  Feel free to message me anytime about any animal thing you want to talk about/ask about!

I also love the X-Files, Star Wars, Welcome to Night Vale, and mystery novels (Tony Hillerman and Tess Gerritsen are my fave mystery authors).  During the pandemic I've been listening to lots of true crime youtube videos.  They are shorter than books on tape but still long enough for me to do something productive while they are playing in the background.  Pre-pandemic I also enjoyed playing ice hockey and swimming, and I'm really missing those activities!
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal