collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is anyone into Lolita fashion?  (Read 2107 times)

Offline Mana Minori

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Is anyone into Lolita fashion?
« on: September 08, 2020, 08:47:59 PM »
I’m curious if anyone is into (As in buying and writing the fashion as a lifestyle or on occasion), or has been an admirer of Japanese Lolita fashion but hasn’t gotten into writing the fashion yet?
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline NanoRuby

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
Re: Is anyone into Lolita fashion?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2020, 09:06:22 PM »
I've always thought it looks really cool. I love Victorian inspired fashions, especially ones that incorporate a lot of black and white. Not a style I'd ever wear myself, though. Unless there's a more androgynous or masculine side to it that I've never seen before? Or is there a more androgynous fashion style similar to Lolita or something? I don't know. I don't know too much about many types of fashion.

Do you ever wear it or incorporate it into your style yourself?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Is it Halloween yet?
For Sale/Trade | Wishlist
Sig by the amazing starscout!

Offline Mana Minori

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2020, 09:13:54 PM »
I've always thought it looks really cool. I love Victorian inspired fashions, especially ones that incorporate a lot of black and white. Not a style I'd ever wear myself, though. Unless there's a more androgynous or masculine side to it that I've never seen before? Or is there a more androgynous fashion style similar to Lolita or something? I don't know. I don't know too much about many types of fashion.

Ouji (Prince) fashion is the male-centric version of Lolita, but girls can wear it too. They’re basically the same, ‘Celt you’re swapping out pretty dresses and shirts with frills for pretty vests and shirts and cravats with frills. I suggest doing as much research as you can about it, watching YT videos from those who are into it and poking at people from the community for help. Most of what I have learned just came from research, silently stalking the communities and YT.

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2020, 10:05:15 PM »
I don’t follow it, but I do think the pictures are often beautiful.  It’s not something I’d wear myself though.  It looks like a lot of work and I have enough hobbies to keep me busy.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2020, 10:54:49 PM »
While it isn’t something I would wear (I do like my simple jeans and t-shirts), I find myself admiring it often. I think it looks very cool, and the community seems to be very nice as well! I think I like the more pastel or otherwise cute looking Lolita fashions the best.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Mana Minori

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2020, 11:29:11 PM »
I don’t follow it, but I do think the pictures are often beautiful.  It’s not something I’d wear myself though.  It looks like a lot of work and I have enough hobbies to keep me busy.
i am not a wearer or the fashion by any means, but have admired it from afar for many years, and from what I have seen, it is indeed a lot of work. Monetarily, first and foremost, as it is a very luxurious and high end hobby or lifestyle. Just due to the amount of fabric- pieces aren’t usually cheap- and tack in a brand name la el, and the price is sure to climb higher. It is strongly discouraged that knockoffs are never worn, so that Ted to deter a lot of newbies looking for cheaper alternatives. Saving up for coordinates is a lot of time and work, as well as precise color matching, finding the right accessories, for the outfit and not going overboard. It is a LOT!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2020, 06:50:20 AM »
I don't have the time or the money to sew for it, but yeahhhhhhhh I have a lot of fashion books and patterns and artbooks on the subject....
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2020, 07:28:16 AM »
I remember there was a band who used to come play at the HyperJapan in London who were from Shinjuku and they used to incorporate that into their look, as part of their act.

Honestly - I think it's mostly harmless and it's fine if that's your thing, but it's not really my thing. I do wish that it took over less of the online space re Japanese culture, since to me it's not really Japanese culture per se. It's influenced by western concepts and while that's fine, it kind of rings wrong to me when people talk about it as 'Japanese'. But people liking the style and sharing it doesn't bother me.

I think I am more swords and armour than frills and lace. And more Kyoto than Tokyo when it comes to culture.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 07:32:19 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2020, 07:36:12 AM »
My wedding dress was angelic pretty :D

Eh, but really I'm too old for it now. It's a bummer since I feel like it's easier to buy things now then when I originally started liking it as a kid. I'm not opposed to tiny little things like accessories or whatever that don't look too out of place with my casual style.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2020, 06:22:44 AM »
I'm pretty much on the fence I guess! I'm not into Japanse culture or anything (also, I know next to nothing about it), but I lot of items that catch my eye happen to be labelled "Lolita". I do admire the entire outfits, the dresses and everything, but since I don't have the figure for it I will stick to admiring it from afar...

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Thimble

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2020, 12:11:02 AM »
Lolita style is a bit over the top for me, but I do admire the work that goes into the outfits. I have seen some individual pieces in stores that I'd wear if they were my size, lol. The whole head to toe look is just too much for my taste. I'm more into mori girl, even though it's way past its heyday.

Also,mad props to all the lolita girls who turn up to any garden event I attend, lol. Bringing your own camera crew to do a photoshoot at a nonrelated event takes guts!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2020, 12:15:37 AM by Thimble »

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2020, 08:14:28 AM »
I admire from a distance! I love the motifs but it's not my style personally, I'm just not one for dresses most of the time and tend to be more masculine in my.outfits.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2020, 09:44:46 AM »
remember, anyone can be a handsome Prince, like Utena :)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline NanoRuby

• Colorswirl Pony
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2020, 09:31:46 AM »

Ouji (Prince) fashion is the male-centric version of Lolita, but girls can wear it too. They’re basically the same, ‘Celt you’re swapping out pretty dresses and shirts with frills for pretty vests and shirts and cravats with frills. I suggest doing as much research as you can about it, watching YT videos from those who are into it and poking at people from the community for help. Most of what I have learned just came from research, silently stalking the communities and YT.

Ooh, I've never heard of Ouji fashion before. It looks really cool, I'll have to do some more research. Thank you for letting me know about it.

Is it Halloween yet?
For Sale/Trade | Wishlist
Sig by the amazing starscout!

Offline Marshie

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Local Twinkle Eye and MLP Tales fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2020, 09:57:01 AM »
I’ve always been a more (in my terms) mosh pit punk fashion mixed with some darker nugoth fashion, but I really enjoy people who can wear it and admire the style of it! Just never been the type of fashion I wanted to wear, but that doesn’t stop me from thinking its all super pretty and cute!!

Avatar by me~! Sig by NanoRuby~!
MLPArena Wishlist Full Wishlist

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal