collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: ~Out Now and Coming Soon ~  (Read 140940 times)

Offline ridi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Depends Pony
  • Bug whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Swellpage.com
Re: ~Out Now and Coming Soon ~
« Reply #555 on: August 15, 2021, 03:16:51 AM »
I found the new World's Smallest ponies (Micro Toy Box) at Smyths Toys yesterday. They're new! They're not just re-releases of the old ones in boxes, like I thought before!!

Gooosh I love the tiny ponies!!! Thanks for sharing!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Wishlist

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: August 15, 2021, 03:55:08 AM »
I found the new World's Smallest ponies (Micro Toy Box) at Smyths Toys yesterday. They're new! They're not just re-releases of the old ones in boxes, like I thought before!!

OMG, so tiny - even the Sylvanians can have their own wee MLP toys!

I need to check these out...

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: August 15, 2021, 02:09:45 PM »
I so want more World's smallest xxx
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #558 on: August 15, 2021, 03:15:46 PM »

I wish I could get to town and see if they have them :) They're not on the website (though the G5 toys estimated arrival date is 1st Sept, I noticed that instead)

Thanks for sharing!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2021, 03:17:33 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: August 15, 2021, 04:35:13 PM »
Visited Smyths (UK) and found the tiny ponies - in the section where they do blind bags & Mashems etc.

The set I got was 6.99, it had a tiny Blossom pony on the front, the other items in the box turned out to be a mixture of other random tiny toys (e.g. a Hotwheels car, a rocking horse...) so it seems you don't necessarily get 5 ponies.

I could not see the larger set in my store.

Anyway, Blossom is very cute in her tiny MLP packaging! My kid is thrilled with the other tiny toys so I don't feel so bad getting just the 1 pony :)

ETA -
no G5 on the shelves yet...
« Last Edit: August 15, 2021, 04:36:59 PM by glitterball »

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: August 16, 2021, 09:28:30 AM »

I wish I could get to town and see if they have them :) They're not on the website (though the G5 toys estimated arrival date is 1st Sept, I noticed that instead)

Thanks for sharing!

They are on the Smyths site -
https://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/toys/pocket-money/micro-toy-box-miniature-collectibles-20-pack-assortment/p/197906
http://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/toys/pocket-money/micro-toy-box-miniature-collectibles-10-pack-assortment/p/197905
https://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/toys/pocket-money/micro-toy-box-miniature-collectibles-assortment/p/197904

(I'm amused that they're in the "pocket money" section - £20 is pocket money these days?! XP I know, they just put them all in the same section without thinking it through, but...)

Didn't see the 10-pack in the shop (did see it at Sainsbury's tho) so maybe not all shops carry those, or maybe they just haven't come in stock yet? Looks like they're available online though.

In my shop I found both sets (20-pk and 5-pk) down the same aisle as MLPs, Spirit horses, Disney princesses etc (opposite side to MLPs not with them) - IIRC they were with the VIP Pets, Zuru 5 Surprise balls, those sort of toys. Hope this helps :)

And yeah the other toys in the set are just random from the assortment of 50, sorry if I was misleading on that front before ^^; I do like how not all of the toys are blind-packaged in these though, I hope more blind bags do that. I like surprises and all but it's nice to know you're getting at least *one* you like, you know?

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: August 16, 2021, 11:19:34 AM »

Thanks for sharing!

https://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/toys/pocket-money/micro-toy-box-miniature-collectibles-20-pack-assortment/p/197906
http://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/toys/pocket-money/micro-toy-box-miniature-collectibles-10-pack-assortment/p/197905
https://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/toys/pocket-money/micro-toy-box-miniature-collectibles-assortment/p/197904

(I'm amused that they're in the "pocket money" section - £20 is pocket money these days?! XP I know, they just put them all in the same section without thinking it through, but...)

Didn't see the 10-pack in the shop (did see it at Sainsbury's tho) so maybe not all shops carry those, or maybe they just haven't come in stock yet? Looks like they're available online though.

In my shop I found both sets (20-pk and 5-pk) down the same aisle as MLPs, Spirit horses, Disney princesses etc (opposite side to MLPs not with them) - IIRC they were with the VIP Pets, Zuru 5 Surprise balls, those sort of toys. Hope this helps :)

And yeah the other toys in the set are just random from the assortment of 50, sorry if I was misleading on that front before ^^; I do like how not all of the toys are blind-packaged in these though, I hope more blind bags do that. I like surprises and all but it's nice to know you're getting at least *one* you like, you know?

It's one thing I liked about Shopkins and like about Hatchimal Colleggtibles. Also the bigger packs tended to be a better deal when it comes to price per piece.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #562 on: August 17, 2021, 02:35:57 PM »
Ah, nice catch. No idea why I couldn't pick them up in the search O.o
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Meadowhaven

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • I love Blossom!
    • View Profile
    • Meadowhaven
« Reply #563 on: August 17, 2021, 05:35:01 PM »
Visited Smyths (UK) and found the tiny ponies - in the section where they do blind bags & Mashems etc.

The set I got was 6.99, it had a tiny Blossom pony on the front, the other items in the box turned out to be a mixture of other random tiny toys (e.g. a Hotwheels car, a rocking horse...) so it seems you don't necessarily get 5 ponies.

I could not see the larger set in my store.

Anyway, Blossom is very cute in her tiny MLP packaging! My kid is thrilled with the other tiny toys so I don't feel so bad getting just the 1 pony :)

ETA -
no G5 on the shelves yet...

*gaaaaaaaasp* I want a tiny Blossom!! *__*
I'm an artist collecting Blossom merch and unique customs! Occasionally selling ponies and other geekiness at https://www.mercari.com/u/330010669/

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: August 18, 2021, 08:19:01 AM »

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers so much for those linkis!!! All faved, ready for me to get. The other stuff in there is cute too...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: August 18, 2021, 08:27:19 AM »
NP :) Glad I could help.

I'm in love with these sets. It was difficult for me to pick out which one to get cause I would've been happy no matter *which* toys I got, they're all so tiny and precious! Though of course I wanted the ponies the most ;)

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #566 on: August 18, 2021, 08:54:56 AM »
Looks like MLP is getting some more designs up on the Amazon site as a sort of print-on-demand thingy. There's some cute Halloween ones!

Bootiful Halloween

Spookiest

Treat Yourself

Sig by Starscout <3

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: August 18, 2021, 09:32:16 AM »
Oh man, I LOVE the Skydancer one, if only it didn't have that stupid slogan! I get the pun but it's just too forced for me :p plus I'd feel stupid wearing it outside of Halloween, I prefer clothes that are a bit less 'season-specific'.

Lovely to see they included a G1 design though! :) I actually really like the G4 designs too, especially the Spookiest one. Weird that there's no G5 ones though, you'd think they'd want to promote the new gen too! Ah well.

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: August 20, 2021, 03:53:39 PM »
I was excited about the Play Packs tailrustedtealeaf mentioned so I went to Target bright and early this morning to see if I could find them.  I found...exactly two, which is the number I planned to buy so that worked well!  They were in the front of the store with a bunch of other Play Packs, and were $3 each.  It took me a minute to find them because I was looking for something smaller but these are...not small.  I had hoped to get at least one of Sunny or Zipp but I lucked out and got Sunny AND Zipp!  Here is a review of them:

This is the contents of the Sunny pack.  1 letter-paper-sized coloring book with 16 pages (32 sides), 1 stencil thing, 1 set of crayons, 1 foam standee, 1 velvet mini-poster, and 2 sticker sheets. 

And here is Zipp's:

Here is what the outside of the bag looks like, and a sample of the coloring pages.  Also noticed a couple G4 references on Sunny and her dad:

Okay as for a bit of review.
The coloring book content IS different for each character!  The paper is nicely smooth and the lineart seemed very good/crisp, but paper thickness could be better - classic see-through coloring book situation here.
The crayons are mediocre quality but actually are relevant colors so that was a win.
I'm not sure why stencils were included, they are fine I guess?  Same stencil in both play packs.  I wonder about the significance of the leaf in the stencil...we'll probably find out soon.
The foam standees are pretty cool - very nicely printed images and they are each just over 7" tall.
The velvet posters were fun, I immediately colored them with markers I already had, and they turned out well :D
The stickers are average quality I would say.  I like them and was happy to get two sheets.  These are the same sets in each play pack.

Overall I felt it was a great value.  My only complaint was that it was made in China.  For something so heavily paper-based I had hoped for USA manufacture.  I'll probably go back and see if I can get a couple for my friend's two girls.  I do wonder why there were only two - were they super popular and flew off the shelves?  Or did they get put out by accident or something...hmm.

Elsewhere in the store there was a G5 invisible ink type coloring book that was quite large, and the pajamas, but no toys spotted - actually no mlp of any generation, just an empty hole in the shelf.  Soon....
« Last Edit: August 20, 2021, 03:55:37 PM by SunPony »
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #569 on: August 25, 2021, 09:58:57 PM »
A new line of Equestria Girls merchandise from Japan has been announced, from Amnibus. It features Twilight Sparkle, Pinkie Pie, and Rainbow Dash. I'm hoping they'll decide to do the other half of the Mane 6 later. Rather than giving them the Equestria Girls skintones, these feature realistic skintones, similar to that of the Kotobukiya figures.

The Tweet announcing them is here.

And the items are up for preorder here.

The merchandise collection includes T-shirts, acrylic stands, keychains, mugs, clear files, and pass cases. I love acrylic stands and clear files so I will be buying those. :)

I assume they do not ship internationally directly, but I've not checked into it yet. Even if they don't (which is more than likely), it is easy to nab merchandise from Japanese shops who lack international shipping through proxies or forwarding services, which I use on the regular.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 10:12:23 PM by TheBeatlesPkmnFan42 »

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal