collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: delays in shipping from Europe to USA.  (Read 5098 times)

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
Re: delays in shipping from Europe to USA.
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2020, 08:06:42 AM »
US customs are a mess right now, and have been since the start of the pandemic. I had a package sent from Greece in the end of April. It arrived in US customs on May 26th, and didn't move again until July 3rd! :blink: I've talked to a few friends who have had lengthy delays with US customs over the last few months, as well. At this point, I'm trying to avoid any international buying & selling until the mail is more reliable. :huh:

For people still shipping to & from the US, it may be worth looking into shipping options that don't go through USPS (such as DHL, UPS, FedEx) if those options are available. I did successfully receive an international package via UPS without a delay.

Offline ladygodiva

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2020, 04:19:43 AM »
I'm not going to sell the United States anymore until the situation improves. I know it'll improve the situation, but at the moment I'd rather wait.

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2020, 01:52:23 AM »
Yeah, the mail system is a bit of a mess right now between countries, so it's best to wait until planes and things get back into a more normal routine. My mom sent me an Anniversary card from the US back in April, I just got it the other day. Took 3 months to get here! lol! Luckily, it wasn't anything important. ;)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2020, 08:05:53 AM »
3 months for a card, wow! I shipped a pony up to France and it took about 4 weeks?
But then I shipped a plushie to New Zealand back before this all started and that only took 6 days! International postage is somethin' else.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2020, 06:21:07 PM »
Just want to chime in here from Germany to US took over a month using a supposed "fast" service with DHL...don't even get me started on prices and for now I am actually just happy that panda_chan has agreed to hold onto some other German ponies for me for when things are normal shipping again

so yeah, for now - crossing the pond as to UK to US for me has been the normal 2-3 weeks but forget the EU/US shipping right now I don't blame any EU member that is just now saying forget it

oh and I am about 2months waiting for ponies from argentina and an ebay package from the phillapines that I am also pretty sure will take about that long and last with all the mess with Hong Kong/China it's been an average of 2 months also

so... yeah that's been my experience that nothing is lost = just seems to take forever

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Offline ladygodiva

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2020, 12:10:49 AM »
I had thought about sending an urgent package or using UPS or DHL, but it is not worth it, it is much more expensive and I am sure it will take more or less the same. This is like when you return to the city on vacation and you find all the collapsed roads, you try to turn around or take a shortcut and you find that there is also a traffic jam there.

Online ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2020, 02:12:55 AM »
I had thought about sending an urgent package or using UPS or DHL, but it is not worth it, it is much more expensive and I am sure it will take more or less the same. This is like when you return to the city on vacation and you find all the collapsed roads, you try to turn around or take a shortcut and you find that there is also a traffic jam there.
I wouldn't trust DHL for speed even if there wasn't a pandemic
should be perma-moderated

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2020, 05:24:08 AM »
I agree on that, DHL isn't faster. They are most of the time cheaper but not faster. Even for national packages. Shipping costs to the USA did increase a lot more with them.
My DHL shop usually offers DPD and UPS too but since the pandemic they stopped offering the shipping service.

Offline faespirit

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • Will there be exciting sights to see...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2020, 07:34:03 AM »
I just wanted to say that skywishes arrived today. (tracking still hasn't updated) It took a little over a month but totally worth the wait. thank you ladygodiva!
https://imgur.com/a/UnVzQsx

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2020, 09:55:10 AM »
yay exciting! 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline ladygodiva

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2020, 11:08:15 AM »
I just wanted to say that skywishes arrived today. (tracking still hasn't updated) It took a little over a month but totally worth the wait. thank you ladygodiva!
https://imgur.com/a/UnVzQsx

I am very happy! I was worried if there was no time and you had to change your house, I am glad that everything went well. I know that certified packages are not lost. What I have remembered is that the packages are sent with tracking from Spain, the tracking "is lost" once it leaves Spain. It is not that it is lost, but that this information is not public, but the postal company in its computer systems does have that information, but not the facilitate.
Ok I will continue shipping with the Spanish postal transport, DHL and UPS is too expensive for my clients. And if they do not give good service ... It is clear to me. Thank you for answering me :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal