collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: delays in shipping from Europe to USA.  (Read 5095 times)

Offline ladygodiva

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
delays in shipping from Europe to USA.
« on: July 02, 2020, 02:04:06 AM »
Good morning, almost a month ago, I sent a certified package from Europe to the US, but it has not yet arrived and it cannot be followed up once it leaves the country of origin. I do not think it is lost, because it is certified.
Buyers from USA, are you taking a long time to receive the packages? Approximately how many days? Thanks
 :D

Online Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
Re: delays in shipping from Europe to USA.
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2020, 03:08:15 AM »
Did you try the USPS website? Whenever I send a package, the tracking on my local post company's website is no longer updated when the item leaves the country. So I have to go to the website of the postal service of whichever country I'm sending to, and usually the tracking ID works just fine! :)

International mail has been really unpredictable recently due to the pandemic. Since so many flights have been cancelled, it's entirely possible that your package has been sent via sea so it will take longer. For quite some time, our post would not even accept mail sent to countries outside Europe (except for the US and China). Before noticing this, I sent something to Canada and it got there eventually, it just took much longer than normally.

I wouldn't be worried yet but I'd check the USPS website nevertheless, if you haven't already done so. I hope you can track down your package or it gets delivered soon! Fingers crossed.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline The_Loner

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • My Little Pony fan
    • View Profile
    • Dream Planet - The Toys
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2020, 03:35:11 AM »
This is my personal experience with international shipping these days:

I'm in Denmark. My parents were on holiday in Madeira in early March just before the world closed down. They sent me a postcard from there that I just got a couple of weeks ago. It was three months to reach me.

I participated in Crowning Glory's Flutter Pony photo contest. She sent something to all the participants but I still haven't received what she sent me. She's in the US and it's been almost two months since she sent it.

Shipping from the UK used to be delayed to but appear to be more normal again.

Offline ladygodiva

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2020, 03:44:39 AM »
 :tumble:
Thanks!!
because there's the complicated mail service. In my imagination I thought he was sent by sea, but it may be that instead of plane. Regarding USPS, I've already had a decision to track the package, but without result, I've looked for other shipping locators to track it and nothing. I know the packages aren't lost, but the buyers are worried, and so am I.

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+202)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2020, 04:02:34 AM »
Shipping has been a bit sketchy these couple of months. It took an envelope around 3 months to get from the US to here :( With barely any update in the tracking status from USPS. Eventually everything got here, it just took very long!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2020, 05:40:13 AM »
There are flights all across the world that are canceled. This is causing everything to get backed up. And on top of that, people all over are doing way more online shipping to reduce their exposure. It's pretty much a funnel effect. I've been waiting almost 3 months for one of my packages. (ETA: what luck, it arrived today).

I think courier services are able to keep somewhat normal when it comes to express shipping.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 11:50:20 AM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Lilja

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2020, 06:44:28 AM »
Selling on eBay has been so stressful these last months. Luckily most buyers are understanding and patient, but I get a lot of angry messages because people think their items are taking too long to arrive.

One buyer opened a case and made eBay refund them the money for their item+shipping, less than a month after purchase. When tracking later showed that their item had arrived, they didn't respond to my messages. And eBay seems pretty useless in this case. I reported the buyer, but I don't think they did anything about it. They got to keep both the item and the money and I got no compensation. It doesn't help that on eBay the buyer has all the power. As a seller you can't do anything unless you have tracking that shows it's been delivered (which of course, can take some time to get right now).

If I point out to a buyer that there's a delay because of the pandemic, I often get a reply saying "well, I received a package from (insert country) and it only took three weeks!" and it drives me crazy. Like, yes, some international shipments are super delayed right now, but not all of them. It seems pretty random. I've had some shipments arrive within three weeks, while one took nearly three months (thank goodness I got a nice buyer on that one). But everything has arrived eventually.

Offline faespirit

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • Will there be exciting sights to see...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2020, 08:34:20 AM »
Im losing my patience more and more everyday, but then again it's not the seller's fault. I orderd a skywishes from spain about a month ago and she still hasn't arrived. We're moving by the end of this month and I'm seriously starting to worry that she might not arrive while I'm still living here.  :cry:
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 08:04:48 PM by fanime5 »

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2020, 09:22:04 AM »
Im losing my patience more and more everyday, but then again it's not the seller's fault. I orderd a skywishes from spain about a month ago and she still hasn't arrived. We're moving by the end of next month and I'm seriously starting to worry that she might not arrive while I'm still living here.  :cry:

Just do a change of address with the post office. I think it costs $1 if you do it online (probably free in person). They forward your mail for a decent amount of time.

https://faq.usps.com/s/article/Change-of-Address-The-Basics

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2020, 09:22:59 AM »
Shipping really is a nuisance right now. -_-

My personal experience is that Europe to US is better than US to Europe, but maybe that was just sheer dumb luck. I sent a package to the US a while ago (May), and that went pretty much painless, I think it took about three weeks?
The other way around hasn't been so great; I'm still waiting for packages from the US that were already shipped in early April... One has actually been moving today, it actually says "out for delivery" right now, but that seems too good to be true. XD (EDIT: OMG, it's actually here!)

Within Europe it seems to be fine, sort of. I received a package from Ireland within five days, and from the UK it takes about two weeks. :lookround:
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 11:08:16 AM by Broken Irishwoman »

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline ladygodiva

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2020, 12:27:25 PM »
Im losing my patience more and more everyday, but then again it's not the seller's fault. I orderd a skywishes from spain about a month ago and she still hasn't arrived. We're moving by the end of next month and I'm seriously starting to worry that she might not arrive while I'm still living here.  :cry:
I'm the one who sent you that package! Sure! -_-

Post Merge: July 02, 2020, 12:34:04 PM

Selling on eBay has been so stressful these last months. Luckily most buyers are understanding and patient, but I get a lot of angry messages because people think their items are taking too long to arrive.

One buyer opened a case and made eBay refund them the money for their item+shipping, less than a month after purchase. When tracking later showed that their item had arrived, they didn't respond to my messages. And eBay seems pretty useless in this case. I reported the buyer, but I don't think they did anything about it. They got to keep both the item and the money and I got no compensation. It doesn't help that on eBay the buyer has all the power. As a seller you can't do anything unless you have tracking that shows it's been delivered (which of course, can take some time to get right now).

If I point out to a buyer that there's a delay because of the pandemic, I often get a reply saying "well, I received a package from (insert country) and it only took three weeks!" and it drives me crazy. Like, yes, some international shipments are super delayed right now, but not all of them. It seems pretty random. I've had some shipments arrive within three weeks, while one took nearly three months (thank goodness I got a nice buyer on that one). But everything has arrived eventually.

That is what scares me, that they claim on ebay, that I have to return the money and then receive the package and keep the pony and the money.
Thinking seriously about canceling all shipments to usa.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 12:34:04 PM by ladygodiva »

Offline faespirit

• Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2020, 02:35:34 PM »
Just do a change of address with the post office. I think it costs $1 if you do it online (probably free in person). They forward your mail for a decent amount of time.

thank you! I'll wait a few more weeks and see if it doesn't come and try that. hopefully it does
I'm the one who sent you that package! Sure!  -_-
Omg hi! I cant believe I had no idea. Yeah it's odd because I ordered a ploomette from france around the same time. She arrived within three weeks but like lilja said, not all international shipments are super delayed. Either way, by the looks of things I should be worried  :(

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2020, 03:01:14 PM »

thank you! I'll wait a few more weeks and see if it doesn't come and try that. hopefully it does
I'm the one who sent you that package! Sure!  -_-
Omg hi! I cant believe I had no idea. Yeah it's odd because I ordered a ploomette from france around the same time. She arrived within three weeks but like lilja said, not all international shipments are super delayed. Either way, by the looks of things I should be worried  :(

You don't have anything to worry about. Just be patient. If it comes later, then just inform the post office about your move. It's very easy to set up, and I think it's good for a year.

https://about.usps.com/newsroom/service-alerts/international/spain.htm
^ here is USPS information about incoming/outcoming packages to Spain.

Offline ladygodiva

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2020, 11:59:19 PM »
Thank you so much for answering and helping to clear up doubts.  ^.^
I've canceled all the sales to the U.S., I know it doesn't seem fair, but in the short and medium term I think it's the best thing. At least until the shipping situation improves.

Offline faespirit

• Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2020, 08:37:27 AM »
of course! all I can do now is wait I guess

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal