collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What to do...nonresponsive seller *Updated*  (Read 4738 times)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: What to do...nonresponsive seller *Updated*
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2020, 11:06:32 AM »
be honest and leave feedback.  it's quite rude to ignore messages for over a week when you're selling things!
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2020, 04:25:25 PM »
I'd leave her a negative. Her lack of response was ridiculous, and other buyers should know what they're in for if they're thinking about dealing with her.

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2020, 06:09:40 AM »
Thank you...I will do that. I think I just needed someone to tell me it was 'okay' to do it, given the situation; I've never left negative before, but unfortunately it seems that it is justified in this case.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2020, 08:02:18 AM »
I wonder if the messages are in an overzealous junk folder and she hasn't noticed.

Reason being there's no benefit to a seller to give out offers to someone, so actively court their interest, and then not respond to questions about a shipping method she offered.

This is more possible than you might think. It's easy to say, well, she should just check her junk, but if it's an email like mine, that's an undertaking. My email downloads to my pc, but the junk folder doesn't. I have to physically log in to check what hasn't been sent to me. I nearly lost my scholarship for university because of that junk folder. It also sporadically puts emails that are completely legit in there, even ones I send to myself.

...So that's a possibility to explain no communication.

Another problem that does sometimes come up is that ebay's combined shipping function breaks down and even though the seller offers it, the site won't. But in that case, you'd expect her to message you, explain, and then offer to refund the difference via paypal. Awkward but a solution and one I've used myself.

If she was just not replying to messages, though - that's another matter. The flaw in my suggestion is that she should have had notifications when she logged in to file the npb. And therefore she should have seen the messages. I've had one situation where I had notifications on ebay but they wouldn't open, but it seems unlikely that that would be the case.

In any case - I'm glad ebay sided with you :)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2020, 10:05:26 PM »
I wonder if the messages are in an overzealous junk folder and she hasn't noticed.

Reason being there's no benefit to a seller to give out offers to someone, so actively court their interest, and then not respond to questions about a shipping method she offered.

This is more possible than you might think. It's easy to say, well, she should just check her junk, but if it's an email like mine, that's an undertaking. My email downloads to my pc, but the junk folder doesn't. I have to physically log in to check what hasn't been sent to me. I nearly lost my scholarship for university because of that junk folder. It also sporadically puts emails that are completely legit in there, even ones I send to myself.

...So that's a possibility to explain no communication.

Another problem that does sometimes come up is that ebay's combined shipping function breaks down and even though the seller offers it, the site won't. But in that case, you'd expect her to message you, explain, and then offer to refund the difference via paypal. Awkward but a solution and one I've used myself.

If she was just not replying to messages, though - that's another matter. The flaw in my suggestion is that she should have had notifications when she logged in to file the npb. And therefore she should have seen the messages. I've had one situation where I had notifications on ebay but they wouldn't open, but it seems unlikely that that would be the case.

In any case - I'm glad ebay sided with you :)

I'm glad too...when I was searching through the Ebay 'help' section, I couldn't find any situations similar to mine, so I wasn't sure how it was going to go down  :satisfied:

I wondered if the junk folder might be a possibility...things have definitely made trouble for me in the past because they happened to land in my junk folder instead of my inbox as well. I once almost lost a $100 gift certificate a family member had sent me via email because it went to spam for whatever reason...6 weeks later said family member asked about it and I didn't know what she was talking about, and if I hadn't then gone looking for it, my email would have junked it in a few days. (Glad you didn't lose your scholarship, that would have been a lot worse than a gift certificate!) I don't know if Ebay messages are different than regular email and whether they can route to a different place or not, but I guess that's what is making me hesitant to leave bad feedback; I'd feel terrible if this is just a misunderstanding or situation of messages getting crossed and I completely discredit someone's account by leaving 4 negative feedbacks.

Problem is, I have no other way of contacting this seller, and given what other buyers have said in their negative feedback statements, I am not the only one she has ignored messages from. Which makes me wonder if she is just not getting them. I guess if I leave her a negative, it will at least get her attention, and if she contests it and it's discovered that she genuinely never received the messages, I'll retract it if I can.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal