collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Question about ebay feedback  (Read 2438 times)

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Question about ebay feedback
« on: June 27, 2020, 04:06:19 PM »
I recently got a small lot of ponies from ebay, and I'm struggling to decide what kind of feedback to leave, and whether or not I should contact the seller before doing so.  I'm hoping some experienced ebay seller here can help with some advice!

The main issue is that some of the items arrived very dirty.  I didn't want to touch them and just poured the whole lot from the padded envelope into my bathroom sink, ha ha.  Nothing sticky but just...dirty..like they had been rolled in dirt at some point in their lives.  They ended up cleaning up well thanks to dish soap and magic eraser so no long term issues with that thank goodness.  In the photos on the listing, the pony that was the dirtiest doesn't even LOOK dirty, but it must have been the lighting or something.  How should I handle this?  I don't feel like I need a refund or anything like that, I just feel like commenting on this in the feedback would be fair ("some items arrived dirty")- would it be?

Also, the shipping was listed as "expedited" with delivery estimated within 5-6 business days.  It actually shipped 6 days after I ordered, then it arrived 3 days later (so the delay wasn't the post office which is slow bc of the pandemic).  Its not terrible, but one of the feedback areas specifically asks about shipping so I'm not sure how to rate that.

At no point thus far did the seller communicate with me, or I with them. 

Thanks so much for any info/tips!  Should I leave neutral feedback with a comment about the dirty items and slightly delayed shipping?  That is what I am leaning toward, or maybe leaving out the part about shipping because it is less important...
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline Pumpkin_Tart

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Question about ebay feedback
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2020, 04:44:03 PM »
As an eBay seller myself, I would contact the seller first prior to leaving negative or neutral feedback. I recently had a buyer leave neutral feedback due to my calculated shipping cost(this is exactly what you pay at the post office).....but I cannot control what USPS asks so that was really  frustrating...
I am not sure if the specifics, but you could
message the seller with a picture of the dirty ponies if you took some  and then ask for a possible return or partial/full refund.
As of shipping, eBay gives the option for sellers (in their listing draft) to  have a policy of shipping within 12hrs to a few days after order to process and package it. But six days seems kinda long (most sellers do it w/I 24hrs)....maybe they were trying to limit their post office visits to once a week?
If it was me, I would not leave any feedback and just not buy from them again.  :)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 04:48:11 PM by Pumpkin_Tart »

Offline SunPony

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2020, 06:11:20 PM »
As an eBay seller myself, I would contact the seller first prior to leaving negative or neutral feedback. I recently had a buyer leave neutral feedback due to my calculated shipping cost(this is exactly what you pay at the post office).....but I cannot control what USPS asks so that was really  frustrating...
I am not sure if the specifics, but you could
message the seller with a picture of the dirty ponies if you took some  and then ask for a possible return or partial/full refund.
As of shipping, eBay gives the option for sellers (in their listing draft) to  have a policy of shipping within 12hrs to a few days after order to process and package it. But six days seems kinda long (most sellers do it w/I 24hrs)....maybe they were trying to limit their post office visits to once a week?
If it was me, I would not leave any feedback and just not buy from them again.  :)

Gee, if the shipping seemed high to them I feel like they should have noticed that before they bought the item!

Thanks for this perspective!  I didn't even consider not leaving any feedback at all!  Haven't used eBay much at all recently and I know they used to push so hard for feedback years ago. But that sounds like an ideal solution to just not say anything. 

Offline Pumpkin_Tart

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2020, 06:32:12 PM »
Yeah, you would think right.....maybe they just had a bad day...sighs
No problem! Feedback is a very important aspect for buyers and sellers but I would definitely consider leaving no feedback. I am curious to see what others would say! Good luck with your item!  :)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 06:46:35 PM by Pumpkin_Tart »

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2020, 07:32:26 PM »
I can maybe clarify with the shipping thing.
If this listing wasn't a "fast and free" listing, then the seller listed more then 24 hours to ship the item, but it was something less than 5 business days.

If something is "expedited", that is only referring to the service it gets sent out. So for USPS, that should mean priority. (And whatever is equivalent for fedex or ups). It does not refer to handling time.  IIRC, you can't see handling time, but it's bundled into the "estimated" delivery.

The mini exception is if someone puts in they have a handling time of 5+ business days, then there is a statement about it. To be honest, I wouldn't ding anyone right now for handling time. Covid19 is still a thing, and some people might not be going to the post office daily to lessen their exposure.

As for the dirtiness, it's kinda up to you on what you feel is best. I personally would send a nice message to the seller first and see how that goes. If I got a nasty reply, or no comment back, pfft, then I'd leave a note about it in the comments to tell other people. Maybe I like to give the benefit of the doubt, but if I were in the sellers shoes, then I'd want to know so I could fix the issue. Although I feel like probably 90% of sellers wouldn't care... u_u;
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 07:41:47 PM by banditpony »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2020, 12:59:40 AM »
Yeah, I was going to say about the shipping, going to the PO is probably a once a week venture for people still using that service during the pandemic. Realistically staying safe is more important than posting ponies out the next day. I agree with Bandit pony on that.

On the ponies being dirty - sometimes sellers genuinely don't realise this is an issue. But if you're going to leave a neutral or a negative it's better to have dialogue with the seller first. And yeah, leaving no feedback is also an option. The ponies cleaned up fine, though, and frankly, as a collector I expect to have to wash ponies that come in ebay lots, especially from non collectors.

I haven't seen the pictures vs the ponies when they arrived, but as it doesn't sound like permanent damage, I wouldn't ask for a refund :/ That's just me personally.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 01:01:20 AM by Taffeta »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline SunPony

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2020, 04:42:52 PM »
Thanks everyone for their perspectives!  I've decided to just not leave any feedback.  The grossness wasn't insurmountable, and yeah maybe they didn't realize they were so...gnarly.  Also as far as limiting visits to the post office, this is totally understandable...IF they had communicated that in their listing or after I purchased.  I rechecked and they said they ship "in about 3 days"

FYI, ATTENTION SELLERS!  If you are in the USA you can have packages picked up from your house for free - you do not need to risk going to the post office!  Well, if you have a printer and tape you should be able to do this.  I've done it numerous times with things shipped priority but you might be able to do it with other shipping methods?  idk, I always ship priority...  They will also deliver packing materials to your house!  I hope US shippers know about this and aren't needlessly going into a post office to ship ponies! 

Online ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2020, 03:08:05 AM »
I would still leave feedback... Overall positive, but commenting on the dirt and possibly dinging one star on accuracy. Maybe a star on the shipping time too.
should be perma-moderated

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal