collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Paypal ending buyer protection  (Read 2381 times)

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Paypal ending buyer protection
« on: June 26, 2020, 07:15:26 PM »
This is been going around in the reseller's community. As of July 31st, paypal is ending buyer protection for all except purchases from stores and new items. So basically, everyone is crap out of luck and it will be a free for all. Thoughts?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: Paypal ending buyer protection
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2020, 07:22:53 PM »
"We are excluding items intended for resale, including single item transactions or transactions that include multiple items, from reimbursement eligibility under our Purchase Protection Program."
Items intended for resale...what? Is this about people who flip? How can they distinguish that from other transactions?
Wait, I talked with my GF and we brainblasted and took a bit more of a look into what counts:
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 07:25:58 PM by tailrustedtealeaf »

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2020, 07:38:24 PM »
I take it to mean used goods.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2020, 09:09:30 PM »
I think they are targeting the drop shippers.  You know, the ones who have a storefront on Ebay or Amazon, and then your product comes from China and not from the company you were expecting.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2020, 06:07:48 AM »
So.
The actual change is that under the Ineligible items and transactions under PayPal Buyer Protection section that they have added Items intended for resale, including single item transactions or transaction that include multiple items.

And that "resale" items have not been defined. I don't see the wording about "except purchases from stores and new items."

Here is a quote from on a paypal forum, by a paypal representative
The change you mentioned refers to anyone who makes purchases for the express purpose of re-selling the items. PayPal Purchase Protection is intended for end-use consumers; therefore, purchases made for the purposes of filling retail inventory or any purchases made with the intent of reselling the item(s) will be excluded from PayPal Purchase Protection.

This exclusion does not apply to items intended to be given as a gift (e.g., if you purchase an item with the intent of giving it as a gift you are still considered an end-use consumer). In general, this exclusion does not apply to the sale of a used item after end-use (e.g., I upgraded my phone to an iPhone 11 and now want to sell my old iPhone 8).

So the way I read that, if you are buying something for yourself, it's fine. You are the end user and you are 100% covered.

Maybe if you are buying a lot of ponies for resale, it's not fine.. but I think it's really targeting people who are buying wholesale stuff to resell.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 06:30:06 AM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2020, 04:41:26 PM »
Thats the problem. It's not really explained what exactly will and wont be covered. Ebay is moving to its own payment system, mercari and posh have their own, so im not too worried. The problem I see, it through facebook and private sales. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2020, 04:50:34 PM »
It was defined by the paypal associate.

If you are an end user, then you have buyer protection. If you are purely flipping-- or purchased the item to immediately resell, then you don't. But quite frankly when it comes to single items, then it's easy to claim you are an end user and it's not a big deal.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 04:53:47 PM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal