collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Shipping delays from Russia?  (Read 3756 times)

Offline lonewolf

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Lyra the dance master
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart account
Shipping delays from Russia?
« on: June 19, 2020, 04:22:24 PM »
I ordered another custom plushie from a Russian maker (the one who made my Daybreaker). Tracking shows it cleared Russia's customs on May 21st. Since then it's pretty much dropped off the map. No updates from either Russia Post or USPS. Has anyone else been having delays in items ordered from there?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I'm the D to the E to the --- and no filly's got the moves like my big wall eyes. I'm De---licious.
Listen to this song while watching my sig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTi11bFNdMs :P

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Shipping delays from Russia?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2020, 02:12:36 AM »
I think a lot of international post is getting delayed at the moment thanks to Covid. I ordered some dolls' clothes from Ukraine at the start of April and they're still meandering through the post. I think some countries still have closed borders or at least some hefty restrictions on what's allowed to leave.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2020, 10:00:03 AM »
Covid19 is delaying everything -- everywhere. There's less planes going places.

https://www.pochta.ru/no-mail-exchange/?from=carousel
In connection with the measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, most countries have significantly reduced international air traffic or completely stopped it. More than 30 countries declared the termination of international mail processing or limited the time of work of postal facilities (a list of countries is given below).

In this regard, delays in the delivery of international mail are possible.

Currently, the Russian Post has organized regular mail with countries of Europe, the Baltic states and the customs union. Sending mail is carried out by road through Germany, the Netherlands, Latvia and Ukraine.

Also, due to international restrictions, delayed delivery is carried out to the USA, etc.

Also, I'll add, once I sent to Russia (EMS, package declared $800+), and it went missing for a 3 weeks.

But more then likely this is absolutely delayed by covid19. I ordered something from Japan back in April, and they were transparent that things were backed up 3+ weeks getting loaded onto planes, before they just stopped accepting international mail the US completely. Even now I'm waiting on a seller to send EMS, and she can't.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 10:04:23 AM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2020, 10:31:20 AM »
That doesn't sound like a horrible delay to me, but I'm used to ordering from Aliexpress and just forgetting about packages for a month or more and then being surprised when they do show up. If this is unusual for Russia though, definitely Covid-related.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline lordalexander74

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2020, 10:54:19 AM »
Pandemic related delays aren't helping any. Before things got really hairy, it took about a month and a half to ship half a dozen books from Russia to middle Tennessee.
Thanks to Lunacat for the lovely art

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2020, 07:23:35 AM »
Yeah, I'm waiting for something from Russia, too - ordered a couple of other things from there around the same time, and they've long since arrived, but one particular thing seems to have gotten caught up in the postal system >_< I'm sure it's because of the pandemic but it's still kinda worrying.

Hopefully our stuff will show up sooner rather than later :)

Offline IceCrystal02

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2020, 07:31:54 AM »
I'm still waiting for four consignments from the US, all posted between mid-March and the end of April, they all seem to be stuck somewhere in the US or mid-way, there haven't been any updates since then. I've never had any problems with orders within Europe, so this problem is probably limited to transatlantic postal traffic.

Everything I've ordered in the US afterwards has arrived or is on its way, so I'm sure these delays are caused by the pandemic.

Offline Pumpkin_Tart

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2020, 08:35:55 AM »
I was sending something to Italy about a few weeks before all the Covid stuff and shutdowns happened and it just arrived to my buyer around a week ago. I am just glad that it arrived even if it was months late...something similar is going on with your package.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2020, 10:35:43 AM »
Russian post is probably the worst of the delays-  I have had a package that cleared customs on March 17th and nothing since.

The problem is that unless it is traveling by DHL, the mail is dependant on hitching a ride on personal and commercial flights- and there ARE no flights (or maybe there are a VERY VERY FEW JUST NOW STARTING) -  that means all the first class mail is piling up and piling up and piling up....  they must have entire warehouse full by now.

I have HEARD (don't know if it is true) that stuff that is just going out NOW has a better chance of getting there sooner than stuff that has been in the mail since March/April/May because all of THOSE packages keep getting rerouted and are basically stuck in postal limbo indefinitely due to the pile up.

I don't expect to see my March package anytime soon....

On the upside, a package from Japan that has been in the mail since March DID just arrive two days ago!  Apparently it was returned to sender initially, and they sent it back out in May sometime-  my goodness it took soooo long...  but I am just grateful it got through at all.

I DID have a package recently mailed from Russia that arrived very quickly-  but she sent it via UPS -  so if you are ordering ANYTHING from Russia (or Japan) get it by UPS (or EMS or DHL) - I think those are the only ones punching through. 

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2020, 11:37:17 AM »
yeah I think the problem's with stuff sent via USPS, specifically.

Good to hear you got your parcel eventually, Galactica :)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2020, 11:59:36 AM »
America has some strict rules about planes coming in and out and people as well...

Although I have had a couple of things from the US arrive quite fine, even despite the pandemic.

Russia has been in lockdown too, though, so it sounds like a clash between two services.

Not aware of shipping from Japan to the UK changing at all during the pandemic but I wasn't really looking...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2020, 02:02:22 AM »
I just had some things from America turn up very quickly, which was surprising! They came via the Global Shipping Program.
Europe and Russia seem to be quite slow....oh well, at least it means there's lots of precautions in place. I don't mind waiting.

Offline IceCrystal02

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2020, 02:19:04 AM »
I just had some things from America turn up very quickly, which was surprising! They came via the Global Shipping Program.
Europe and Russia seem to be quite slow....oh well, at least it means there's lots of precautions in place. I don't mind waiting.

Yes, I've also noticed that: items being delivered via Global Shipping Program don't seem to be affected by the delays, while the items that were posted individually in March and April are delayed.

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2020, 12:32:11 PM »
I know this is not quite on topic, so my apologies... But does anyone know if packages from Canada are problematic too? I just ordered some gorgeous earrings on Etsy, but it says "Estimated delivery: Aug 6 - Oct 27"...  :drunk:

Of course I saw this before I placed my order, but I'm kind of hoping it isn't true. XD Usually packages from Canada get here quite fast; I once received some newborn twins from Canada in three days(!). :shocked: Of course that was over ten years ago...

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2020, 08:02:40 AM »

Yes, I've also noticed that: items being delivered via Global Shipping Program don't seem to be affected by the delays, while the items that were posted individually in March and April are delayed.

The irony that the GSP has finally found its niche.

Courier related services are functioning pretty much as normal. Albeit if you have a bad local courier, that's not reassuring. We're quite lucky that the ones round here are either passable or decent, so everything arrives and usually in one piece (a couple of broken plants but then if the garden place put them in the box the wrong way around then it's hardly surprising...).

I imagine the same is true from other destinations (inc Russia).

I have to admit though, RM has had some minor delays here but nothing like months and months. At the very start of lockdown when the planes were all being cancelled, Haven Bay managed to get here safely even though I half thought she'd sit in Chicago for 3 months (she was literally en route when they started shutting down transit to the UK). On the other hand, the UK has not closed its airports/borders at any point and has prioritised cargo shipments so maybe that's the reason. Even now we have Quarantine rules in place, the border still isn't closed.

Another irony, given Brexit, is that we've had the most open borders in Europe for most of this crisis.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 08:04:42 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal