collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MOC Mommy charms  (Read 1992 times)

Offline Leikin

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • https://www.instagram.com/leikinit/
Re: MOC Mommy charms
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2020, 12:43:34 PM »
It occurs to me maybe KKV's paperwork lists one seasonal promotion and maybe there is another booklet or document with a second promotion.

That could very well be the reason. I'm not familiar with the spring vs fall releases of ponies, but I guess that doesnt really matter, since they come both with and without the charms.

Thanks for checking trough your MIB Pics for me!   :sunny: Will dig through the ones I have saved as well (I'm on the wrong computer now though) and list here what I find.
Would be interesting if we could se some pattern in the releases, or if they are just random.
Did all of them you found have the sticker with free charm included?

That sounds like a fun adventure.
Doesn't it! :D Thats what I love about ponies, there is always something new to dig your head into and explore.  After 35 years, and there is still soo much we dont know about ^^

I remember getting a charm with my Sherbet as a child. I also have a MOC Barnacle with a charm inside.
Thanks for the info! :) I assume it was a US Sherbet?  And is your Barnacle on US card as well?
Wanted: MOC Geman baby Lemon Drop, MIB baby Lemon Drop with purple stroller, MOC Rainbow Confetti, MOC Euro(NSS) Buttons, ,  and UK carded rainbow ponies.
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,391446.0.html
Follow me and my Collection at https://www.instagram.com/leikinit/

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2020, 12:53:21 PM »
Yeah, all the pictures in my folder of ponies with charms were on US card with the white and pink US sticker. A couple I couldn't see who the charm was in the box, but they were labelled up.

Boxes from the same set in a different language, or even in English with the dutch/belgian release label didn't have charms. I don't know if that's coincidence...but for example, she has a lot of  MOC family ponies on European cards in languages other than English and not a single one has a charm. This in comparison to my Baby Bro SC with the charm.

I think the Sweetberry Ponies on US card in this person's collection were Blueberry Baskets and Cranberry Muffins (no charms). The others that she has are on European card, but the Sweetberries are a weird set between the US and Europe, there's a big time lag in their release so they'd have missed the cut off.

In the folder there were also the same MIB twinset I posted earlier - "Sticky and Sniffles" - without charm and with a different colour seesaw than the one mine has. I don't know if that is also a release timeline clue or is random. I know there are quite a lot of accessory variations in that set but none of her newborn twins had charms at all.

And there were three or four Brush & Grows but Twisty Tail was the only one that had a charm. I remember Ringlets and Bouquet in the US box.

Finally, she had both lavender and aqua Woosie MIB, neither had charms.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2020, 05:52:35 PM »
This is getting really interesting. :D 

My memory is really vague but I’m pretty sure Little Helper was hidden between my pony’s legs and I couldn’t see what charm was included while it was still on the card.

I have US Blueberry Baskets MOC and she doesn’t have a charm.

Sometimes I’ve wondered how Hasbro expected children to get all of the charms.  I think the US pamphlet only had a form to order the charm bracelet and not other charms.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline whizzer19

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
    • Sea Pony Utopia!
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2020, 08:10:01 AM »
The watercolor baby sea ponies definitely had charms. I'll go take some pics. :)

Post Merge: May 26, 2020, 08:41:45 AM

Alrighty then. Here are my pics. As you can see, the same charm didn't always come with the same pony. If anyone wants more pics or has questions about these let me know!

4 versions of Seashore (1 without MC and 3 with different MCs):

[/url]
visitors can't see pics , please
register or login

register or login

register or login

Wavedancer with and without MC:

register or login

register or login

Seawinkle with and without MC:

register or login

register or login
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 08:41:45 AM by whizzer19 »

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2020, 04:54:52 PM »
I remember the hunt for them but not all the sets they came with. I did manage to get a full set of charms without buying doubles of ponies or charms. So they were mostly visible as you could tell which charm you were getting if you were that into caring about it. And since I was a collector even back then I was always careful to make sure I needed the charm and pony before I bought, as I was intent on getting the full set.

I've also speculated on the whole Contest Hasbro had for who had the most ponies. I still have no record on how they(hasbro) contacted us (who entered) and have speculated that they sent out some kinda mailer to people who had ordered ponies from the mail order program. But still I have no proof.

The reason I feel like it something unique is, I don't think it was a pamphlet in the ponies package, because if it was I'd have duplicates of it because I still have a bunch of duplicates of the mommy/mummy charm pamphlet. So I kept so much of this kind of stuff, if the contest would have been on something like that I'd have it. But it feels like if it was a thing they mailed out to people who were already ordering, it would have been more limited, thus why myself and even Summer (both of us entered back then) can't exactly remember how we found out about the contest. I'm hoping one day someone else who entered might remember how hasbro got us to enter.

I do feel like the contest ran around the same time the mummy/mommy charms were being sold. Mostly because I have a newsclipping from a magazine from 1989 when the winner was announced.

Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2020, 08:54:59 AM »
The watercolor baby sea ponies definitely had charms. I'll go take some pics. :)

Post Merge: May 26, 2020, 08:41:45 AM

Alrighty then. Here are my pics. As you can see, the same charm didn't always come with the same pony. If anyone wants more pics or has questions about these let me know!

4 versions of Seashore (1 without MC and 3 with different MCs):

[/url]
register or login

register or login

register or login

Wavedancer with and without MC:

register or login

register or login

Seawinkle with and without MC:

register or login

register or login

I love these pics. It's really interesting that different charms came with the same ponies. That leads me to believe that charms were randomly placed with the selected ponies instead of every version of a certain pony came with the same charm.

I've never heard about the contest you mention Karentheunicorn.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2020, 11:40:58 PM »
I never heard of that contest either, though the photo clipping is awesome.

It reminds me of the girl in issue 200 of the pony comic, and her huge collection, which also includes some ponies not sold here. As a kid I remember puzzling over what they were because they looked weird - Colorswirls and the like.

...ON the charms, those images are awesome and show the variety. I think it was much the same here in terms of random charm/pony. But since I never had one in a package as a kid, it's hard to know what sets other than family ponies had them. I had 2 family babies as a kid but neither came with a charm.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2020, 01:32:32 PM »
On the contest, I've spoken with Summer (who runs the pony fair), and she actually won the map (which if I remember right was maybe the 3rd place winner or second? I can't remember at this point). So I know Summer and I entered and if I remember rightly a couple others I've spoken with remember the contest or entered.

I just feel like because so few people remember it I feel like it had to be sent out to those who ordered mail order ponies.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal