collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What would the 40th anniversary of the franchise mean to you?  (Read 3633 times)

Offline Mana Minori

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Some fans consider it as happening in 2024, some fans consider it sooner. Personally, I feel like the anniversary would be in 2021, since I am also taking into account My Pretty Pony as part of the MLP franchise. But I am also wondering what the different generations of fans will be doing to celebrate this great and long 40 years of pastel ponies who have greatly impacted our lives being in the world.

I don’t have hope that we will be getting much of anything from Hasbro or third party companies, given the circumstances we’re going through.
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
Re: What would the 40th anniversary of the franchise mean to you?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2020, 09:29:17 AM »
Oh, good question! I guess for me it won't be much more than just a "Holy wow, 40 years!?"-moment. A special release would be awesome (and I mean special, not the first six re-released again or something), but I doubt that I could get my hands on it anyway. All those new G1 ponies that are coming out now (Basic Fun I think?) aren't fun for me either because I can't get them here. Sure, I could order them online somehow, but if I have to do that, then I'd rather buy genuine G1 ponies. The whole fun of those new ponies is that you can buy a "G1" from a toy store like we used to.

I would like a T-shirt though, with something "40-years MLP"-related on it...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

He knows that they're the fool...

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2020, 10:07:50 AM »
For me it is 2022, because the first ponies have 1982 on their hooves (even though no ponies were available in the UK till 1983, there is anecdotal evidence of very early FF ponies in the US at the end of 1982, which fits with most distribution of sets being released right before the Christmas rush...

And also I turn 40 in 2022, so I have always championed 1982, not 1983, as the global start date.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2020, 10:17:50 AM »
I’m not quite sure what it would mean. I mean, I’m way younger than the franchise is (I was born in 2001, I’d be around 20-23 at that point depending on what year exactly) so I’d be pretty proud. It’s hard for toys to stick around for 40 years, and mostly have stayed the same throughout the ages. I’m not even sure what I would like hasbro to do for it! Perhaps release a reproduction of a few ponies across all gens. So far, all we have is the g1 repros. Which are cool but...let’s bring it all together! Or remake the my pretty pony.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Aeryala

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2020, 10:42:14 AM »
Even as someone who experienced the MLP franchise from the very beginning, I don't have a stake in exactly when the anniversary is declared but I do certainly hope they will celebrate it officially in some way.  I'd love to see Hasbro really hype it up!  I can't really imagine what they'd do though.  Maybe a special release of a repro classic playset since we already have the original ponies by Basic Fun?  I also wouldn't mind seeing a whole big line of retro-styled merch, personally.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2020, 11:15:38 AM »
I guess it'd mean that it had been 40 years since MLP was created! lol. Some more repros would be nice, I guess. (Maybe another set of the collector ponies, to put with the other repros of them? ;))

Offline SaraMari

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2020, 11:28:37 AM »
I would like a special new character 40th anniversary pony, kinda like the birthday pony! Or bring back iconic characters with TaF symbols like TaF Applejack and Firefly etc. For me a new pony that celebrates/represents the 40the anniversary would be the best for me.

A bunch of merch like shirts, bags, etc.

A cartoon episode special that brings characters from all the generations together

A G1 mini series comic

A new fashion brand collaboration

Some sort of contest for the fans

A 40th anniversary fashion pack for the ponies

Blind bag G1 characters (but this time cute)

Vinyl figures of G1 characters

Plush G1 character toys, maybe even a giant plush!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 11:32:56 AM by SaraMari »

:heart: :heart: https://www.instagram.com/moonglowdreams  :heart: :heart:

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2020, 12:26:04 PM »
More Dolly Mix Ponies!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline KottonKandy

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2020, 12:29:43 PM »
It’s gonna mean I’m far older than I would like to admit  :P

I’m honestly not sure how I truly feel about it. It’s certainly a milestone, especially considering they’re still going after all these years, but at the same time it doesn’t seem like that big of a deal. We’ve already had multiple re-releases so I’m not really sure what they could do to make it a real celebration. Personally, I feel 50 should be the big anniversary. They could do a re-release of the My Pretty Pony I suppose. Really get back to it’s original roots.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2020, 01:09:53 PM »
Personally, I feel 50 should be the big anniversary. They could do a re-release of the My Pretty Pony I suppose. Really get back to it’s original roots.

I agree, I think they should wait until the 50th
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2020, 01:37:44 PM »
I would like a special new character 40th anniversary pony, kinda like the birthday pony! Or bring back iconic characters with TaF symbols like TaF Applejack and Firefly etc. For me a new pony that celebrates/represents the 40the anniversary would be the best for me.

Ooooh - what about a TAF pony whose symbols were all different symbols of iconic characters? Like she'd have Firefly's lightning bolts, AJ's apples, etc. Oh, that'd be so cute!!

Also YES more Dollymixes (of all gens - can you imagine how cute G2/G4 chars would be in the Dollymix molds?!?) and a Pretty Pony re-release! Y'all have such great ideas, aaaaa~

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2020, 01:45:13 PM »
Personally, I feel 50 should be the big anniversary. They could do a re-release of the My Pretty Pony I suppose. Really get back to it’s original roots.

I agree, I think they should wait until the 50th
Seconding. It would be nice to get something small but with everything that was going on, I feel like plans could be pushed back and make it a really grand anniversary.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline SaraMari

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2020, 01:59:58 PM »

Ooooh - what about a TAF pony whose symbols were all different symbols of iconic characters? Like she'd have Firefly's lightning bolts, AJ's apples, etc. Oh, that'd be so cute!!

Also YES more Dollymixes (of all gens - can you imagine how cute G2/G4 chars would be in the Dollymix molds?!?) and a Pretty Pony re-release! Y'all have such great ideas, aaaaa~

I like the way you think!

Personally I would prefer they don't skip the 40th and go right to the 50th

:heart: :heart: https://www.instagram.com/moonglowdreams  :heart: :heart:

Offline Mana Minori

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2020, 02:13:18 PM »

A bunch of merch like shirts, bags, etc.

A cartoon episode special that brings characters from all the generations together

A G1 mini series comic

A new fashion brand collaboration

Some sort of contest for the fans

A 40th anniversary fashion pack for the ponies

Blind bag G1 characters (but this time cute)

Vinyl figures of G1 characters

Plush G1 character toys, maybe even a giant plush!
I doubt it, but a new character would be cool! Whether Hasbro does one or not, I'm definitely going to make one (probably in MLP Takara g1 style). Balooney Bonanza!

a cartoon episode special with all the gens sounds awesome. I have been dying for an actual crossgen MLP movie, though (but I can wait for the 50th anniversary for that). HASBRO PLEASE!!!!!
formerly nightmare muffin

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2020, 02:31:38 PM »
35th never made sense let alone 40th actually.

But right now I guess it would mean to me all of us safely coming through the current crisis and being here to share it.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal