collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Selling and buying pet peeves.  (Read 8159 times)

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Selling and buying pet peeves.
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2020, 11:37:24 PM »
I didn't realise etsy's feedback worked like that. It sucks that you lost good feedback as well.

It's like now on Ebay you can be a completely lousy seller but if you wait a year and then sell a few things, you'll end up with a 100% again because ebay forgets any bad stuff that went before. When I first started using ebay in 1998, if you got a negative that was it for good. You would never get that 100% back. While I agree with the idea of people learning from their mistakes, every 12 months is too short imo. And back then you really cared about keeping that 100%, as it was an achievement.

But feedback on sites like ebay is a whole other issue to me, since it no longer has the meaning it used to.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2020, 09:26:39 PM »
Here's a pet peeve of mine, although it's not something you can blame sellers for: Wonky postal routing.
For example:
Package: *Is going from Fremont, CA to Pomona, CA*
Carrier: *Routes package to distribution center in Ohio*
should be perma-moderated

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2020, 06:34:09 AM »
Here's a pet peeve of mine, although it's not something you can blame sellers for: Wonky postal routing.
For example:

I've had this happen soooo many times lately. My parents sent a birthday card to my husband. It took a month to arrive and went all around the country first. And I also had a package that actually arrived like it was supposed to (it was scanned in the city) via Fed Ex but then it somehow got on a truck and went to Oregon for a week before coming back.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2020, 01:56:30 PM »
For example:

I can relate to this.

Only in my case...

Parcel going from US to UK - ends up in Canada (multiple times, mostly from Chicago's international hub)
Parcel going from US to UK - goes via Bangladesh and then Dubai. I don't even know what that was about. That was NY's international hub.
Parcel going from UK to the Netherlands - via China. (!?!?!) That was Heathrow.
Parcel going from Japan to the UK via Hong Kong, Germany, Italy, Moldova, Italy, Germany and finally the UK. In that order.  That was DHL doing a whoopsie.

...And they say tech speeds up our postage.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2020, 02:52:53 PM »
Package started in California, going to South Dakota.  Stops in Indiana and Illinois first.  I am not north of South Carolina dear postal peeps. 
:socks:   :frog:

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2020, 07:34:45 PM »
Reviving because I have a really annoying story.
Someone on Depop reached out about buying a lot of ponies, and I said sure and figured out a price for them. I held off on listing until I got confirmation they were online as there is no way to organize private sales and there was the possibility someone else may have come in and purchased the lot instead. I wait a bit, was confused why there was no correspondence all day, and then they say that they didn't realize that the shipping estimate was for domestic, and that they are in AUSTRALIA.  :argh: I ship internationally, it says as such in my profile, but I feel like that's kind of important to put up front? There is no way to find someone's country on their Depop profile, so I was just operating under the notion that they were from the States. The shipping estimate originally was $10, which won't even cover postage for one pony! I'm glad I didn't post the listing for them to buy at my original estimate.
They still seem interested in a lot, albeit just two or three ponies instead, but I'm mostly frustrated about losing out on what would have been a pretty substantial sale.

Sig by Starscout <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal