collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Selling and buying pet peeves.  (Read 8164 times)

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
Re: Selling and buying pet peeves.
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2020, 05:45:32 AM »
Pet Peeve #1: One of my biggest pet peeves is a buyer who complains that you missed something small or described something wrong (example: this wasn't warped it was melted - sorry, I didn't use the word you wanted to use), they want a full refund but don't want to send the pony back and then they leave bad feedback anyway.

Pet Peeve #2: Another pet peeve about eBay buyers: Those who are happy with their item but don't leave feedback. Positive feedback for smaller sellers is important on eBay. Please leave it if you can.

Pet Peeve #3: You have a gripe about something as a buyer but don't contact the seller. Just leave bad feedback. How about contacting the seller first and if they ignore you, then leave your negative or neutral.

Pet Peeve #4: Price gouging for shipping. Charging $20 for shipping when it costs you $10. I know there are fees, but don't get ridiculous! And don't ship media mail for a pony when the seller pays for priority. Media mail is meant for books and newspapers. (I'm talking about a certain eBay seller).

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2020, 04:28:55 AM »
Someone sent me a message from eBay.uk saying that they would allow the offer £5.50 for North Star, well I don’t have PayPal so my mum decided to do the offer for me, well the seller rejected the offer.

Why send a message saying that you will accept £5.50 when you don’t accept the offer.

My mum added a message saying that they sent the offer to me, and they still rejected the offer.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline CherryTreats

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2020, 08:54:13 PM »
Getting a MOC/MIB pony shipped with no box or crammed into a box they barely fit in with no packing material.

Flaws that are not mentioned on ponies described as mint/near mint/perfect.

Shipping clearly non-media items by media mail so that the buyer has to go to the post office to pay the postage due. Also, overcharging on shipping by a huge amount.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 05:22:09 AM by CherryTreats »

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2020, 03:28:52 AM »
I have this complaint, but in reverse! :P I once claimed a pony in a sale one evening, sent a PM with a request for total + shipping, and went to sleep. I woke up at 6am to go to the bathroom, saw the seller had replied, and fell back asleep. When I woke up again around 10, she’d sent me another reply, berating me for “leaving her on read” and “if you aren’t interested in the pony, just say so instead of ignoring me!” Lady, it’s been less than 12 hours since your sale ended, and I was sleeping for most of them, you nutter! :lmao:

I uh, didn’t get the pony.
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2020, 08:38:34 AM »
Sellers who don't mention things like the pony's head turns and the tail washer has been replaced with a zip tie, writing on the feet, haircut, etc.

Funny you mention this.. u_u;
I hate selling ponies because of this. Like even if I list every thing I see, I could still miss one thing. I wish people would just ask more questions if they are that particular about a 30 year old toy.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2020, 12:12:44 PM »
Sellers who don't mention things like the pony's head turns and the tail washer has been replaced with a zip tie, writing on the feet, haircut, etc.

Funny you mention this.. u_u;
I hate selling ponies because of this. Like even if I list every thing I see, I could still miss one thing. I wish people would just ask more questions if they are that particular about a 30 year old toy.

Yes it's tough because not everyone immediately sees a nice pony and proceeds to rip its head off and twirl it around, etc.  If it looks good, we try not to mess with it. 
So there are minute details that shouldn't be the seller's fault but they often are, thanks to Ebay TOS
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2020, 02:41:32 AM »
It doesn't help that Ebay now make it harder to find an actual description, thanks to catering to the mobile phone generation who will explode if they have to read more than six words in a sentence together before checking their social media feed.

There still are descriptions, but they push the pictures in your face much more. And the details at the top, you have to shove everything in there to cover yourself because some folk will just not check the descriptions. And then blame you.

One day I am going to handwrite a description and take a photo of it and add it to the auction. :P

Making everything mobile phone accessible is fine, except when it dumbs down the service.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2020, 05:29:16 AM »
It doesn't help that Ebay now make it harder to find an actual description, thanks to catering to the mobile phone generation who will explode if they have to read more than six words in a sentence together before checking their social media feed.

There still are descriptions, but they push the pictures in your face much more. And the details at the top, you have to shove everything in there to cover yourself because some folk will just not check the descriptions. And then blame you.

One day I am going to handwrite a description and take a photo of it and add it to the auction. :P

Making everything mobile phone accessible is fine, except when it dumbs down the service.

I've noticed some people will say "read description" in their title. Hopefully that's gotten people to read.

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2020, 06:06:37 AM »
Sometimes I can't find the description. I click on the 'read more' or whatever the link is, and sometimes it works and other times nothing comes up, or an abbreviated description comes up. I can tell there was supposed to be more, because it started to say it on the front page of the auction. I figured it was just a glitch in my mobile app.

I also have noticed fewer sellers leaving detailing descriptions (I wonder now if they did and my app just isn't letting me see it?)...I thought it was just people being lazy or wanting to cover their behinds by just saying 'used condition' rather than describing actual flaws

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2020, 07:53:06 AM »
That bundle of ponies I brought that had Ice Crystal in smelt really bad like they have stayed in a attic a long long time. The seller didn’t mention the smell of them in the description or that some ponies have very stubborn stains on them.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2020, 08:07:01 PM »
Sometimes I can't find the description. I click on the 'read more' or whatever the link is, and sometimes it works and other times nothing comes up, or an abbreviated description comes up. I can tell there was supposed to be more, because it started to say it on the front page of the auction. I figured it was just a glitch in my mobile app.

I also have noticed fewer sellers leaving detailing descriptions (I wonder now if they did and my app just isn't letting me see it?)...I thought it was just people being lazy or wanting to cover their behinds by just saying 'used condition' rather than describing actual flaws

Well, if you can tell there is more of a description and you're on your phone, you can always switch out of the app to the mobile website. That's what I do. And sometimes I even switch to the classic website on my phone.

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2020, 06:33:22 AM »

Well, if you can tell there is more of a description and you're on your phone, you can always switch out of the app to the mobile website. That's what I do. And sometimes I even switch to the classic website on my phone.

I'll try that next time it happens...thank you!

Online ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2020, 03:23:42 AM »
More like catering to what marketers think the mobile phone generation are. Most of us actually like having access to a more complete version of a site, and companies changing that in spite of our protests is really annoying. :argh: :angry: DeviantArt is committing similar stupidity with Eclipse, hence the "Death to Eclipse" in my pics nowadays.

Quote from: Taffeta

Agreed.

Here's a big pet peeve of mine: Ghosting on Best Offers. This drives me crazy. It means that the money ends up tied up for up to 48 hours.

Oh, and gotta love "Complete" getting mindlessly thrown around like a buzzword.
should be perma-moderated

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2020, 11:20:25 AM »
Not sure if this counts because it's not about ponies, but two things on Etsy bother me these days. First of all, I can't stand the fact that they decide from what moment on you can leave feedback! Of course people will be less likely to leave negative feedback too soon when an item hasn't arrived yet, I get that. But I was always very loyal when it came to leaving feedback, I used to do it immediately when I had my package, and I enjoyed doing that. But now when I get my item, I sometimes can't leave feedback for another week (or even longer), and I forget. Now some sellers don't get the great feedback they deserve, because after a while the option to leave feedback disappears. I hate that! >_<

It also bugs me that buyers have been robbed of their feedback years ago. I had a wonderful "collection" of great feedback and kind words from sellers, and Etsy just took it away. I was proud of the feedback I had. :(

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2020, 06:26:28 AM »
Not sure if this counts because it's not about ponies, but two things on Etsy bother me these days. First of all, I can't stand the fact that they decide from what moment on you can leave feedback! Of course people will be less likely to leave negative feedback too soon when an item hasn't arrived yet, I get that. But I was always very loyal when it came to leaving feedback, I used to do it immediately when I had my package, and I enjoyed doing that. But now when I get my item, I sometimes can't leave feedback for another week (or even longer), and I forget. Now some sellers don't get the great feedback they deserve, because after a while the option to leave feedback disappears. I hate that! >_<

It also bugs me that buyers have been robbed of their feedback years ago. I had a wonderful "collection" of great feedback and kind words from sellers, and Etsy just took it away. I was proud of the feedback I had. :(

I know what you mean. I haven't used Etsy, but ebay has some similar time limits on feedback to a lesser degree. I think you can leave feedback right away, but there is a time limit on how long after the sale you can leave it. I felt terrible once recently when I ordered about a dozen ponies from the same seller but in separate listings, but had them sent to an alternate address (I used to have all my packages sent to my mom's house, above an hour away and in another state; I was at the time visiting her regularly and could easily pick them up). Then the Coronavirus happened, and her state was locked down for travel, and I couldn't get the package. I should have just left feedback right away anyway, since I had ordered from her before and she was so nice to deal with, but by the time I was able to pick the package up, my time for leaving feedback had passed. I felt horrible about it, since she was so wonderful about getting the shipping costs as low as possible, and I even contacted Ebay about making an exception, but no luck.

That's awful that your Etsy feedback disappeared after a certain time...you earned it and it should stay there! I'm liking Etsy less and less the more I hear people's stories about it on here.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal