collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Wonderful Nature - Thread  (Read 12460 times)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
Re: Wonderful Nature - Thread
« Reply #255 on: April 21, 2024, 01:58:59 PM »
aww, what a sweet kitty :)

mockingbirds get so protective while they're nesting, BC. it's cool that they knew you weren't a threat.

the birds are out here too :) I saw a couple of robins and bluebirds. i've been hearing mourning doves and mockingbirds singing too.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 21, 2024, 03:26:22 PM »
There is snow, there is melted ground, there is snow.. Cold, warm, cold.. this is the Finnish spring.  :biggrin:

At the beginning of this month, I was able to admire crocuses and bumblebees. Migratory birds arrived and began searching for mates. I could smell the melted earth around me and watch the ice melt on the lake. :heart:
Now, on Saturday, winter arrived back. I get to admire the snow-covered land and the forest again. Feel the freezing cold. But even though I love winter, I feel sad precisely because of these migratory birds, especially the small ones. They can't survive without the help of us people. Winter feeding must be continued. Most of all, I worry about the hedgehogs. I really hope I don't find them somewhere in the middle of the snow! :( I heard that yesterday someone had found a hedgehog in poor condition. I hope it survived and got help in time! Now more snow and cold have been promised for the next few days. I have to be really careful now in my yard and in the woods too.
:zzz:

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #257 on: Yesterday at 01:05:53 PM »
Today I took the baby to the woodland playgroup and the best thing was listening to the birds in the trees. All birds are 'duck' to my little one but I'm sure she'll soon get the hang of it :)

Post Merge: Yesterday at 01:08:06 PM

There is snow, there is melted ground, there is snow.. Cold, warm, cold.. this is the Finnish spring.  :biggrin:

At the beginning of this month, I was able to admire crocuses and bumblebees. Migratory birds arrived and began searching for mates. I could smell the melted earth around me and watch the ice melt on the lake. :heart:
Now, on Saturday, winter arrived back. I get to admire the snow-covered land and the forest again. Feel the freezing cold. But even though I love winter, I feel sad precisely because of these migratory birds, especially the small ones. They can't survive without the help of us people. Winter feeding must be continued. Most of all, I worry about the hedgehogs. I really hope I don't find them somewhere in the middle of the snow! :( I heard that yesterday someone had found a hedgehog in poor condition. I hope it survived and got help in time! Now more snow and cold have been promised for the next few days. I have to be really careful now in my yard and in the woods too.

I didn't know it was like that, I just think of Finland as being like Moomintroll forest and once spring has arrived you play a flute and start planning hikes and garden parties. I love hearing you talk about where you live. We stopped feeding the birds about a month ago. There was a light frost last nigth but I think it will be the last.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 01:08:06 PM by Artemesia's Garden »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal