collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Crystal Creatures anyone?  (Read 20748 times)

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Crystal Creatures anyone?
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2020, 10:20:30 AM »
Oh cool, thanks! Now I can sell or trade my duplicates without opening them. :)

Post Merge: January 11, 2020, 10:21:56 AM

There's going to be 9 creatures in series 2, instead of 5, huh? Aww I really like these but I don't know if I want to invest $90 for the next set... hmm... well I guess it's about the same as two ponies per creature so I dunno it's not so bad looking at it like that...
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2020, 10:25:20 AM »
What stores are you finding Crystal Creatures at? They look really interesting? :)

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2020, 10:30:27 AM »
Yes, looks like nine for series two.  So far I only want 4 or 5 so that saves me a little money... unless I cave in for more.  Lol!
But I've never been a completionist type of collector, I get what I love and leave the rest.

I found these at Belk (a clothing store) of all places.  I didn't see them at my Walmart.   That isn't to say Walmart doesn't sell them, it's just my personal experience.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2020, 10:40:40 AM »
I got mine from the bookstore where I work. :) We have a small toy section, about two tables worth. We're selling them at $9.99 each which seems to match the prices found elsewhere.

I'm not sure where else to find them but at least if my store has them, they're not an annoying exclusive anywhere.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2020, 11:13:58 AM »
Thank you both. :) I haven’t been having good in store luck lately but I will keep an eye out for them.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2020, 03:04:01 PM »
Oh wystearya! I forgot to say, try switching the wings and flipping then over, so that their painted sides are facing up. I think you'll find they're more stable that way.

Offline wystearya

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2020, 03:36:25 PM »
Oh wystearya! I forgot to say, try switching the wings and flipping then over, so that their painted sides are facing up. I think you'll find they're more stable that way.

Oh wow, this worked wonders on my Kirin!  Thank you!

While it also helped the wings stay upright on my pale deer, the wing shape must be different and the wings look weird.  (No picture.)  But maybe in time the plastic will go into the right shape.  I am thinking they may have been bent a bit from being in the egg.

Thanks again for the tip!

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2020, 04:14:53 PM »
Welcome! ^_^ Yes my Kirin has one wonky wing too, thanks to the egg. I'm going to see if I can reshape it somehow.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2020, 09:17:51 PM »
Well I finally finished opening all the Crystal Creatures I'm going to keep. I really love how they display! :D These are such neat critters.

I have extras leftover, since I bought a full box, and thanks to wystearya's codes I know which ones I have duplicates of. I'll add to my official sale thread in the Sales forum later, but for now if anyone wants to purchase any of these, I'll sell them at $11 each, just send me a pm. :)

They are unopened as of now, but if someone wants me to open the egg and wash off the slime and just mail them the toy pieces, I would be happy to. That would probably save on shipping, since the slime makes the package kinda heavy.

I have:
one 03TC - unicorn "AquaGem"
one 05TC - Kirin "RubyWing"
two 06TC - Deer "RoseStone"

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2020, 04:05:35 PM »
They do look cool! I'm going to try to resist collecting them all, even though I am usually a completist kind of collector. ^^; It's hard for me to see my toys on a shelf and know that it's only half of the collection lol.

But for sure I want the two dragons, they look soooo cool! I love their body shape, how it's different from the horse and deer and kirin from series 1, who all have similar body shapes.

I want a couple of the lions too! I'll probably skip the brown deer since we already had two tan-ish colored deer in the first series. But I can't resist that white unicorn either... lol. I'll probably end up getting 5 or 6 out of the 9.

They give you a packet of confetti to mix with your slime...oh joy... :P Oh well at least the kids will like it.

I also found a white winged unicorn with a rainbow mane and tail! It looks like it's a Walmart exclusive? It comes in a 3-pack so I'm going to skip it, because I don't want to spend $40 to get one new C.C. and two duplicates. :P I think $40 is a bit ridiculous since they are usually $10 each. $30 for a 3-pack would have made more sense to me, but I guess Walmart is banking on people spending the extra money for the exclusive character.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mega-Construx-Crystal-Creatures-3-Pack-Exclusive/801108735

Offline wystearya

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2020, 04:24:28 PM »
"Oh joy"  LOL!!  Yeah, I was hopeful the slime would be separated from the toy.  But nope, it's sparkles for the slime.

I agree about the brown deer, I don't need another.   I love the lavender one!  And the white and black cats are definitely on my list.  Also the white/silver dragon! 

Even though I am not keen on the slime, I can't wait to find these!

PS - If I had known about the 3 pack before I  may have considered it.  But, like you say, it is pricey, especially with two of the three being duplicates. 

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2020, 04:52:03 PM »
*nod* Agreed. Since I like the other two characters, if I had seen that in stores I probably would have bought the 3-pack to get the exclusive along with the other two. (We are just the kind of saps the companies are taking advantage of LOL!)

I've never seen any Crystal Creatures at my local Walmarts, though. I only found this exclusive pack when I was doing a google search to try to find pics of all the characters.

Ooohh the last time I checked the Mega Construx website they only had the Series 1 pictures up, and now Series 2 is up! Maybe that means they'll be in stores soon!

You know, there's a couple of the "boy versions" of Crystal Creatures (Breakout Beasts I guess?) that are kinda cool too... If I could find those in stores I might be tempted to grab a couple of those too. There's a black unicorn that looks kinda cool, even though he's evilly screaming lol.

Offline wystearya

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2020, 05:39:07 PM »
Oh yes, I have watched some "unboxing" style videos on the Breakout Beasts.   Some of those are cool.  I may have to try for a griffin sometime.  I like that their mouths can open and shut with the jointed jaw.

I'll be checking my store this weekend for series two, though I don't know if they are available just yet.

Offline StayGoldPonyboy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2020, 08:25:55 PM »
None of the stores around here carry them D: one has breakout beasts but thats it :(

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal