collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Crystal Creatures anyone?  (Read 20747 times)

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Crystal Creatures anyone?
« on: January 05, 2020, 02:28:08 PM »
I found these lovelies by accident when I was looking for Mega Construx Pokemon kits.  When I saw these on the website I did some more searching and watched a video on YouTube.  Luckily a store nearby had them in stock!  While these are a 'blind box' type of toy, the video explained there are codes on the bottom of the eggs these come in.  So you can actually get the ones you want.  Love that! 

I chose to get these three out of the five currently available in series one.  But there is a series two confirmed that I am now eagerly waiting for release!

Anyway, here they are:
>>Click pics to see larger image!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

FrostWhite

RoseStone - This one has parts from the 'RubyWing' figure.  I swapped tails and the leg cuffs as I felt they fit the look of this one better.  You can swap any parts with these sets! 
PS - Ignore the wing in the background on this picture.  I goes to a Lightfury dragon toy.  oops!  This figure has holes for wings, but does not come with wings.

RubyWing

Oddly I didn't want the two alicorn figures as much.  Although there is a black one I may eventually pick up.  I just wanted something different and I adore these deer!
They are poseable, though the wings are too heavy for the joints and can't stay up.  Overall a goreous line of toys I hope to see continue!

One NOTE:  These are packaged in slime...  Sticky, gloopy, slime.  I guess that makes them 'fun' to hatch, but I don't care for it. 
If you get any I suggest having a sieve with tiny holes to put in the parts (assembly is required, but is not difficult).  Once you carefully dig out all the parts (some are tiny!) you can then rinse off any remaining slime in the sink with warm water.

Anyone else have these?  I love them! 

Offline Trinity

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Also known as Elfwink.
    • View Profile
    • Elfwink's Pixels
Re: Crystal Creatures anyone?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2020, 03:28:53 PM »
Those are so pretty!

But I am not very fond of these "new" ways of packaging blind box toys (e.g. the new My Little Ponies do this as well). Who knows what sort of dangerous chemicals/microplastics these are coated in - and what these chemicals ultimately do to aquatic creatures. --- If someone can correct me and prove they're not dangerous, thanks. :)
:rainbow: also known as Elfwink | pixel art!

Never play leapfrog with a unicorn!

Offline wystearya

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2020, 03:39:25 PM »
Unfortunately I have no proof the slime is harmless.  The slime is shimmery.  So I don't know if it's mica powder, or man-made glitter.

I will say that I gave most of the slime to my youngest stepdaughter.   Only the excess was rinsed off the parts. 

I get your point. There is now a lot of waste in toy packaging!

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2020, 01:07:42 PM »
Those are really neat!  I got one completely unaware of the slime component.  It was so disgusting I'm never doing it again.  I wish they just sold them in regular packaging. 
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline wystearya

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2020, 05:36:54 PM »
Those are really neat!  I got one completely unaware of the slime component.  It was so disgusting I'm never doing it again.  I wish they just sold them in regular packaging. 

I agree with the slime.  My husband asked if I was ok, as I was grossed out at first!  Cold, sticky, gooey slime is not fun.
I washed my hands in between each one.  Even though I knew I was going in for more.  lol   

I will buy more, as there are some great looking creatures coming in series 2.  But boy, if you could get it without the slime that would be great!

Edited to add- I do think the toys are well worth the slime dig.  Well made and very pretty! <3

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2020, 01:03:26 PM »
These are cute! I haven't seen them in the UK yet, but I hope they come over here. I like the look of the Breakout Beasts as well, they remind me of the old Plasma Dragons I used to love.

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2020, 12:17:47 PM »
I think they look nice. Especially that Kirin and white dragon!

I am also bothered by the slime, wondering if that stuff is toxic or not. AFAIK, these are the girly variant of Breakout Beasts. Kinda annoying that new concepts always get tested on boys and only if they are popular enough girls get a spin-off.

I gotta say, these CC horses look better than the Breakout Beasts. But the BB hippogryph is pretty cool:

Offline wystearya

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2020, 12:42:01 PM »
I've been eyeing the Breakout Beasts.  That hippogryph does look nice!

I have to admit, I found an old gift card with a bit of money on it.  So, I caved and bought one more today, the black alicorn.  I love it more than I thought I would!

Pictures can be clicked for larger image:

This one's wings are actually holding upright.  The pale deer and the yellow kirin's wings drooped.  And from videos I have watched, that is a common issue, the wing joints aren't strong enough to fight gravity. 

New group shot!
I forgot to mention that you can display them on an included stand on the egg shell.  (They are packaged in eggs.)

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2020, 12:46:40 PM »
Lovely toy line, and i would only collect them secdond hand, and even then that is a maybe.

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2020, 01:06:10 PM »
Beautiful pictures, wysterarya! I found someone selling them on Amazon UK, but I doubt they'd be willing to check the code for me...

Also, found some pics of the second wave!

Offline wystearya

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2020, 01:16:08 PM »
Beautiful pictures, wysterarya! I found someone selling them on Amazon UK, but I doubt they'd be willing to check the code for me...

Also, found some pics of the second wave!

That is the clearest picture of the 2nd series I have seen, thanks!
I know I want the black panther, white lion, the silver griffin, and the lilac deer also!  I hope someone posts the codes on Youtube when they are released.

If you want, I can get some for you.  My local store has a display bin with several.  I know which code goes with what creature.  They only have series 1 for now.
They are $10 each.  I don't know how much shipping to the UK would be though, so it may not help.  (I live in the USA.) I don't know if de-sliming them would save weight/shipping cost, but I would be willing to do that too.

Just message me if you would want me to do that!  If not I understand, shipping can be very expensive. 

Post Merge: January 08, 2020, 01:33:31 PM

Lovely toy line, and i would only collect them secdond hand, and even then that is a maybe.

I assume because of the slime/packaging? 

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2020, 08:52:12 AM »
Aw, thanks wystearya! I'm going to see if I can find any in France first (seems like there might be a chance), otherwise I may just take you up on that offer! :D

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2020, 11:07:25 AM »
I am also bothered by the slime, wondering if that stuff is toxic or not. AFAIK, these are the girly variant of Breakout Beasts. Kinda annoying that new concepts always get tested on boys and only if they are popular enough girls get a spin-off.

Sometimes the opposite happens. Shopkins > Grossery Gang, Fingerlings > Fingerlings Untamed, Wrapples > Wraptiles are three off the top of my head.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2020, 10:06:04 AM »
Oh! I'm glad you made this thread! I just ran across these last night and I was so in love with them that I bought the whole box! XD I wanted to make sure I got all 5 characters. I really enjoy looking at them, but I HATED the slime...

I'm going to have to get rid of my duplicates, either here on the Arena or on ebay. You say there's a code on the egg so you can tell who is in each egg? I'm going to have to try to find that, I have only opened 2 so far.

I need to make a thread about slime....
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline wystearya

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2020, 10:17:13 AM »
Yes, the bottom of the plastic egg has a series of numbers and letters.   The two numbers near the end before the "TC" is what you look for.  It's engraved in the plastic, I had to hold it in the light just right to see the code

02TC is the pale deer "FrostWhite"
03TC is the Aqua unicorn "AquaGem"
04TC is the black Alicorn "NightSky"
05TC is the yellow Kirin "RubyWing"
06TC is the brown Deer "RoseStone"

I hope this helps!

I'm happy someone else likes these too!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal