collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Animal Crossing: New Horizons  (Read 38843 times)

Offline AvianWing

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Animal Crossing: New Horizons
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2020, 10:37:31 AM »
A whole bunch (250+) of renders of villagers from the game just got released.

Here's a video of them, but you can find individual pictures of them as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4i4UiaSyIM&feature=emb_title

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2020, 10:48:04 AM »
I thought it was neat to see that the clothing has shape outside of the typical rectangle wrapped around the villager. Like the shirt with a bow? And the scalloping at the hem of a dress? I wonder if we can design clothing with transparent pixels to give a finished edge of a certain look. I hope they keep that feature in somehow, that was always my favorite thing to do. Despite some of the clothing looking shaped to a certain point, I see they still use textures like they did in Gamecube as a lot of the clothing because the sheep's shirts look stretched out.
Ragamuffin, I see what you were talking about on Tumblr with some of the models looking noisy or low quality. Isabelle's render especially looks very noisy. I think the effect works well on some of the animals and gives me Calico Critters vibes, but I think on characters that have less detailing/just one or two colors the effect looks odd. I think it'll look nicer on the console itself, at least.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2020, 05:19:43 AM »
Definitely interested.   I do wish you could play as an animal character instead of human though.

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2020, 07:56:03 AM »
Eight year old me was so sad when I found out I could not be an animal, but then I found Mitzi and calmed down.
A new commercial released yesterday! Here's what we probably all care about much more, the game footage zoomed in and trimmed.
  • The title screen is the same camera angle as the Gamecube version, and we see Ti/ommy wandering around like villagers did in past games. Whether this is indicative of them being wandering villagers or if this is just the default welcome screen is up in the air.
  • Pocket size is now 20, and we stacks of 20 at the most of crafting materials.
  • We can see the UI for a few frames. Map in the bottom right (this one looks so much more natural than the other map we saw before!), time in the bottom left in white text, and nookphone in the top left.
  • I love how the vegetation looks! Hard to explain, but the dappling of green sort of eases you in to each chunk of flowers, it's so pretty!
  • Fences are neat
  • Some were speculating the presence of the beach ball means that we will have kickable balls like from Gamecube, but this could also be just a furniture item

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline wystearya

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2020, 09:58:23 AM »
I've watched a few videos on YouTube and the game looks like it will be adorable.  :)

Is it a relaxing game?  The music (if it was from the game in the videos) sounds calming. 

I'm looking forward to trying Animal Crossing for the first time!

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2020, 10:35:16 AM »
I've watched a few videos on YouTube and the game looks like it will be adorable.  :)

Is it a relaxing game?  The music (if it was from the game in the videos) sounds calming. 

It's good for playing at night to fall asleep! Not in a bad way obviously, but yes, it's very calming!

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2020, 11:19:52 AM »
I finally made my way over to Gamestop to pre-order my copy. I'm hoping for a midnight release, and I heard that the console pre-orders are sold out in the US. I'd imagine we will get some restocks.
Also just sighed and paid for the Switch case Target had. I'm admittedly getting a little AC-crazy but this is the first release I have a job and income for, so I'm alright with spoiling myself. RIP pony budget

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline wystearya

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2020, 01:07:44 PM »

It's good for playing at night to fall asleep! Not in a bad way obviously, but yes, it's very calming!

Sounds perfect!

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2020, 07:27:36 PM »
What do you guys plan on naming your towns? I hope they up the character limit to 12, 8 is ridiculous. I'd like to name my town Meadowbrook or Gladebrook if possible. My town in New Leaf was Wisteria, but I want something different this time around. I don't have any ideas for anything shorter. :huh: Menhir was the name of my secondary town in New Leaf but I don't know if I want to go with that for New Horizons...

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2020, 05:15:09 AM »
I'd really like to know the character limit before I have my heart set. I was thinking of something cute, but there are so many people who name their towns things like "Milk" or "Stardust". Meadowbrook is a wonderful sounding name! I'll think about it today...

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2020, 09:17:39 AM »
T_T; I really want those pretty limited edition joy cons.

I apparently missed the boat for just getting a switch to swap out, so ... I have to attempt to get them from Japan I guess. u_u; I have no luck ordering from Nintendo tho. so maybe I'm out of luck this time...

I'm not sure if I want to play the game again. I have a habit of hoarding deer and it gets stressful to me, because I never want them to move out. If I get that LE switch tho, I'll play it.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 09:21:35 AM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2020, 10:09:52 AM »
There's a website some people are using to track stock on Best Buy, etc. I'm not sure how it notifies you, but some people may be cancelling their pre-orders for one reason or another, might be worth a shot.
AC Moore closing had some nice $5 notebooks, Im going to use it as a way to track collections. I am a collecting fiend and find that if I find an online guide that tells me when things happen, I just use it and it's no fun...so I think keeping my own records will help.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2020, 10:57:51 AM »
maybe I'll have to look into that!

I can't remember how I got poptart (the AC 3DS).. I feel like I just found it the stores. But I'm sure I wouldn't have that sort of luck this time.

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2020, 11:07:49 AM »
Everyone on Reddit is actually citing the pop tart 3DS when people are saying they'll just pick it up in stores, ha. Sounds like you were super lucky! I think people are speculating there will be a small wave of post-preorders, and I think Gamestop might get 1-5 extra consoles per store but that hasn't been officially confirmed. Maybe if you call Gamestop a few days ahead of the release (MARCH 13th, not the 20th, that's the game's release) they can tell you if that store will come in stock?
Here's that site I mentioned!
Also, just saw that Nintendo says coronavirus-induced factory closures will not affect North America or UK preorders of the Switch.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2020, 06:10:32 AM »
Oooh I feel like I've used that site before!

I noticed bestbuy wasn't included on that list, so I went there and saw the pre-order button-- but when I went to pay it said sold out. sooo close, lol.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal