collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Animal Crossing: New Horizons  (Read 39145 times)

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
Re: Animal Crossing: New Horizons
« Reply #255 on: June 16, 2020, 10:48:40 AM »
Well, the good news is that we're near the end of the timeframe for the updates shown in the last video. The hope is that new/returning features will be added in July and beyond.

Datamine spoilers:
Spoiler
And if the datamine is anything to go by, they're pretty good - Swimming/undersea creatures like in NL, Brewster and the Gyroids, and vegetables we can grow.

Of course, with COVID-19, things may get delayed.

Spoiler
I miss swimming so much! And growing vegetables sounds awesome. I would love those updates; I really hope they happen soon.

One of my favourite things in Animal Crossing is collecting furniture, and ACNH is really lacking. I've seen every piece of furniture the game offers within the first month of playing. I think I'm just about complete when it comes to DIY recipes. The only things I'm missing are things like wreaths and crowns (which you only get from bottles AFAIK), and seasonal stuff.

Not sure if they'll fix Redd, but I think it would be a good idea. I've heard a lot of people say they haven't seen him since the update came out. I time travel, and even then, I almost never see him!
Yeah, you're right! I hadn't thought about it but I definitely am missing the furniture. I must be a city gal, lol. Yes, Nintendo, please fix Redd! I think he came once a week in New Leaf and that would be great to do again.

I've still not played since late April. I'm ok with that honestly; I got my fill of the base game in the month after it came out and I've just not felt like playing it, so I'm not forcing it. Maybe by the time I feel like playing it again, the updates will have all come out and the game will feel fleshed out fully like New Leaf.
Yeah, you raise a good point; not forcing it is good. I don't want to grow to dislike the game, because although I'm running out of things to do, I do really like it! My villagers are the highlight for me and they say/do such funny things.

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 16, 2020, 11:10:42 AM »
Yeah, I need Redd's statues to decorate the area around my house but he shows up so rarely, and even when he does, he doesn't have what I want.

I've tried to get some - fake or real - on Nookazon, but people are asking a lot.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

|My Collection|

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #257 on: June 20, 2020, 03:50:59 PM »
Yeah, I need Redd's statues to decorate the area around my house but he shows up so rarely, and even when he does, he doesn't have what I want.

I've tried to get some - fake or real - on Nookazon, but people are asking a lot.
If you are willing to jump around with days, I believe if you go back to the day Redd comes he does show up and his stock does change.
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Harmonie

• Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 25, 2020, 08:00:39 AM »
Animal Crossing New Horizons's new update was revealed today, or at least the first part of it.

Here's a link to the video.

For those who want to know without watching the video:

Spoiler
July 3rd:
-Diving from New Leaf returns.
-Creatures attained from diving can be donated to the museum or given to Pascal.
-Pascal trades diving creatures for DIY recipes for the Mermaid Set.
-Gulliver is getting an update. No details given.

Another update to come in August, more info released later.

|My Collection|

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #259 on: June 25, 2020, 10:08:41 AM »
Spoiler
... Eh? I'm glad we're getting an update, but I hope there's a BIT more to this. I think I've finally ran out of stuff to do. I got blue roses and I lined up all six rocks of mine in a row. I don't have any more ideas for terraforming or anything. There's really no furniture left more me to get, and my debt has been paid off for months.

Diving? It's definitely... something to do. I didn't like diving in ACNL. Very slow... too slow... it was so hard to keep up with a lot of the creatures! Jellyfish were easy to avoid iirc but they were still annoying.

Don't really care fore gimmicky furniture sets like the mermaid one, but it's something to do... I guess...

I wonder what Gulliver's deal was? I don't mind doing his dig-up task every time I see him, but he has SO much dialogue! It takes longer to mash B through everything than to find all 5 parts!

Maybe we finally get the big 2.0 update in August with tons of new furniture and quality of life updates! :rolleyes:

Now that I mention it... with sea creatures being a new collectible, that datamine from April said that manila clams were a sea creature, right? In a perfect world, they'll at least let us craft multiple baits. :lol:

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 26, 2020, 02:55:03 PM »
Since the game has been out a while... Could anyone tell me if it's worth me buying? Should I wait? This is first AC game (excluding the Japanese-only N64 game, although I have played and enjoyed it) that I haven't rushed out to buy. The island thing didn't pull me in like I thought it would.

I saw Ragamuffin's post about the lack of furniture and I have to say... That was probably my favourite aspect of NL (my favourite AC game). I've heard that you can customize the island shape(?) but I don't think I'm all that bothered about it, I was happy just working with the randomized tiles NL gave me anyway. I also enjoyed completing villager tasks and interacting with them, but I'm under the impression there's not as much interacting.

Also, I don't have Nintendo Online - is that going to be a drawback?

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Ragamuffin

• View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #261 on: June 26, 2020, 05:53:47 PM »
Since the game has been out a while... Could anyone tell me if it's worth me buying? Should I wait? This is first AC game (excluding the Japanese-only N64 game, although I have played and enjoyed it) that I haven't rushed out to buy. The island thing didn't pull me in like I thought it would.

I saw Ragamuffin's post about the lack of furniture and I have to say... That was probably my favourite aspect of NL (my favourite AC game). I've heard that you can customize the island shape(?) but I don't think I'm all that bothered about it, I was happy just working with the randomized tiles NL gave me anyway. I also enjoyed completing villager tasks and interacting with them, but I'm under the impression there's not as much interacting.

It really, really depends... that sentence alone doesn't help, but... :biggrin:

I love gardening in this game, I love terraforming, I love placing paths, I love being able to give my villagers yards. That's the best part of the game. If you enjoy doing things like that, it might be worth it, but lower your expectations...? Because yes, there's not a lot of furniture, so if you like decorating your house, you might have a hard time.

If you like running errands and talking to villagers, you're not going to get anything worthwhile here. I've played since the game came out, and have only delievered a present to a villager ONE time. Sometimes villagers will ask to play "treasure hunt", but very infrequently, and that's only when you have a mid...ish? friendship. If you have a high friendship with someone, they will probably never ask you to do anything but buy clothes from them at high prices. You don't get to bury or dig up time capsules, you don't get to run errands, you don't get to play hide and seek. In ACNL it became a joke how villagers would ask for fruit, but at least it was something to do. Villagers never ask anything from you in this game. Maybe they'll ask for a wharf roach every two months if you're lucky. Oh, ACNL had petitions too, didn't it? Nothing like that here, either. And animals don't want to set up appointments for you to visit their house and vice versa. In fact, animals NEVER visit your house at all!

Any other Animal Crossing might be a better experience right now, especially New Leaf. I think ACNH would be better, for fans of the series at least, later down the road when there's more content.

As for NO, again, it depends. It might actually enhance your experience if you want to take it slow. With ACNH and the internet, it's too easy to collect things and earn money. You can pay off your entire loan if you invest in turnips, there's always SOMEONE online with their gates open, 500+ bells per turnip, and you can easily find them with sites like Turnip Exchange. If you liked the minigames in ACNL on Tortimer's Island, there's nothing like that in this game. If you invite friends over to your island there's absolutely nothing to do but hit each other with nets.

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #262 on: June 26, 2020, 06:38:29 PM »
I feel like it may be worth waiting personally. I love collectibles a ton and they are probably my favorite aspect of the game but there's not, like, much to do. The animals don't have very fun dialogue and the friendship aspect felt sterile.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 29, 2020, 09:08:27 PM »

It really, really depends... that sentence alone doesn't help, but... :biggrin:

I love gardening in this game, I love terraforming, I love placing paths, I love being able to give my villagers yards. That's the best part of the game. If you enjoy doing things like that, it might be worth it, but lower your expectations...? Because yes, there's not a lot of furniture, so if you like decorating your house, you might have a hard time.

If you like running errands and talking to villagers, you're not going to get anything worthwhile here. I've played since the game came out, and have only delievered a present to a villager ONE time. Sometimes villagers will ask to play "treasure hunt", but very infrequently, and that's only when you have a mid...ish? friendship. If you have a high friendship with someone, they will probably never ask you to do anything but buy clothes from them at high prices. You don't get to bury or dig up time capsules, you don't get to run errands, you don't get to play hide and seek. In ACNL it became a joke how villagers would ask for fruit, but at least it was something to do. Villagers never ask anything from you in this game. Maybe they'll ask for a wharf roach every two months if you're lucky. Oh, ACNL had petitions too, didn't it? Nothing like that here, either. And animals don't want to set up appointments for you to visit their house and vice versa. In fact, animals NEVER visit your house at all!

Any other Animal Crossing might be a better experience right now, especially New Leaf. I think ACNH would be better, for fans of the series at least, later down the road when there's more content.

As for NO, again, it depends. It might actually enhance your experience if you want to take it slow. With ACNH and the internet, it's too easy to collect things and earn money. You can pay off your entire loan if you invest in turnips, there's always SOMEONE online with their gates open, 500+ bells per turnip, and you can easily find them with sites like Turnip Exchange. If you liked the minigames in ACNL on Tortimer's Island, there's nothing like that in this game. If you invite friends over to your island there's absolutely nothing to do but hit each other with nets.

This is a really good sum-up of the game! I had forgotten all of those interactions you described from New Leaf. Although it's kind of a relief to not be waylaid by a villager when they want my fish or furniture or something, lol, I kind of miss interactions like that. And they never come over to your house, you're right! I've been trying to be great friends with several of them, like Snake, one of my first villagers, but even though I give him gifts and talk to him every day he hasn't done much except start calling me youngin'. (Admiral gave me the nickname first and I regret telling Snake he could call me that nickname, too, ha ha.) It's pretty hard to get furniture and I miss the minigames and such from the tropical island.

The game does have great parts, too; I think that it doesn't live up to New Leaf but it's a great game. It's beautiful, for one, and like Ragamuffin said it's fun to design the entire island with paths and yards and such and place pretty much any item outdoors. That's been one of the most fun parts for me. I think the island is bigger than the New Leaf village, so there's more room to plant flowers (been trying for hybrids etc. and finally got gold roses for the first time today!!). The animals are still great characters and do a lot of cute things on their own, like sing, run around, read, study flowers, etc.

If you invite friends over to your island there's absolutely nothing to do but hit each other with nets.
I can relate as my boyfriend always attacks me with his net when we play together.

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 03, 2020, 09:31:45 AM »
Thanks everyone, I appreciate the responses. I'll probably wait a while. Although it does sound like a fun game overall, I'm not too bothered about creating the island itself (still playing Dragon Quest Builders 2 after 8 months - that's where my island building focus goes) and it seems like my favourite parts of NL have been taken out or watered down.

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Harmonie

• Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 06, 2020, 07:26:07 AM »
I think I'm finally beginning to lose interest. =(

Oh well, it has been a good run.

On the Diving update: The Diving feature is implemented solidly. It's been a long time since I've played NL, but I don't remember it being quite as intuitive in that game.

On the Gulliver update: I'm really disappointed. NH is really lacking in furniture, right? Well, NH did get some new items from Gulliver, BUT so did Pocket Camp and Pocket Camp got the lion's share while we got just gimmicky items in NH. It's very frustrating. In PC they got furniture that would really spice up outdoor decorating - fountains, tables with umbrella, fencing, other neat decorations. What did NH get? The cannon, treasure chest and other gimmicky nonsense like that (plenty of outfits, though).

It's just really frustrating. Our furniture and outdoor furniture options are so limited, and now we're really getting snubbed.

|My Collection|

Offline Ragamuffin

• View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #266 on: July 06, 2020, 10:56:18 AM »
I think I'm finally beginning to lose interest. =(

Oh well, it has been a good run.

On the Diving update: The Diving feature is implemented solidly. It's been a long time since I've played NL, but I don't remember it being quite as intuitive in that game.

On the Gulliver update: I'm really disappointed. NH is really lacking in furniture, right? Well, NH did get some new items from Gulliver, BUT so did Pocket Camp and Pocket Camp got the lion's share while we got just gimmicky items in NH. It's very frustrating. In PC they got furniture that would really spice up outdoor decorating - fountains, tables with umbrella, fencing, other neat decorations. What did NH get? The cannon, treasure chest and other gimmicky nonsense like that (plenty of outfits, though).

It's just really frustrating. Our furniture and outdoor furniture options are so limited, and now we're really getting snubbed.

Right? When they said we were getting updates to ACNH I thought it would be substantial like in Pocket Camp where they get tons and tons of items every month but really we have had the same tiny pool of items for 4 months now.

I guess... August could be the time for a 2.0 with new furniture... :pout: Watch it just be weekly fireworks shows and maybe fortune cookies, and that's it.

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #267 on: July 08, 2020, 10:32:21 PM »
Ah, I've been playing this game. :P Since four days after launch. Switch FC --> 4773-7065-8508

Been playing actively every day since I began, I've finally recently gotten around to doing a major overhaul of how my island is set up. I had to move all the buildings down to/near the beach, cut down all the trees, and flatten the entire landscape. Got around to terraforming new cliffs on Sunday night, worked on some waterscaping today. All in all the mass island flattening and terraforming isn't too bad, but uprooting flowers is definitely the tedious part of it. Made me realize I really had way too many flowers. Going to have to sell a bunch of them.

ACNH is my third Animal Crossing game, prior to it I played WW and CF, which I played both like... a decade ago? I was around 12/13 or so when I played them both, I skipped NL just because this was all back when I was you know, too young for a job, being a young teenager, and everything I got was bought for me by my parents. NL's launch coincided with me still being a somewhat new pony collector so I was spending all my begging my mom to buy me things on ponies rather than video games. :P

There's a couple things Nintendo changed with the recent update that they didn't really talk about at all, which was datamined! It was found that the way the visitors work has been re-hauled, it's much better now! Prior to the update, Sahara, Kicks, and Leif were guaranteed to appear every week while the other two weekday slots would be filled by two of either Flick, CJ, Redd, Label, or Gulliver, leading to those five appearing significantly less often with weeks between them appearing. But now, there aren't any who you are going to be seeing every single week. Rather, the way it's now set up is all five slots are free for all nine (Sahara, Kicks, Leif, Flick, CJ, Redd, Label, Gulliver, and the pirate Gulliver, who is counted as a new ninth visitor despite being the same character). So you get five of the nine in one week, and then the following week, you are guaranteed to get the four you did not get the week prior, plus one duplicate from the previous week. So now you will be consistently getting them all within two week windows!

Another big change is to light meteor showers. Before, they'd generally not spawn any stars before 10 pm, rarely 9 pm. But now, they can last as long as the heavy ones do, from 7 pm to 4 am. I'm really excited about this change, given how rare full on heavy meteor showers are (I used the MeteoNook tool to get my weather seed and I'm not getting another heavy until October), and 10 pm is when I usually head to bed, leading me to previously missing most of my light showers entirely. But now I'll be able to get stars from them every time they happen!

Speaking of visitors and meteor showers, the way Celeste works has been changed slightly. While she's always exclusively appeared on meteor shower nights (be it light or heavy) and always could only appear once in a week, she now prioritizes heavy showers over light ones. Before if you had a light and heavy shower in the same week, she'd choose one at random. Now, in the same circumstance, she will always select the heavy one!

KK Slider will also now appear on Sundays on weeks with Bug-Offs and Fishing Tourneys, rather than Fridays like he did those weeks prior to the update, so he won't be cutting out one of your weekday visitors on those weeks anymore!

Anyway, as for things I'd like to see added in the future....

Spoiler
-my #1 want, being able to physically SEE Resetti! Resetti is the entire reason I got into Animal Crossing in the first place, so I'm very strongly biased toward him. :lol: Sure, I am calling Rescue Service every day, several times a day to hear him (besides the days I cannot because some days you get Don instead...), but I need to SEE him. Please Nintendo, let me see him....  :cry:
-more furniture, please!
-crafting multiple fish baits at a time PLEASE

There's probably more I can think of but those are the major ones for me...

Also I want to share my favorite room in my house....

Spoiler

Very proud of this. :lol:

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 09, 2020, 01:50:26 AM »
I’m still waiting for my copy to come from Smyths Toys Superstore. My mum said ordered the physical version, well I wish I just order the digital version.

Edit: It finally  came
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 04:56:15 AM by bright rabbit 1 »

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 10, 2020, 07:16:30 AM »
omg that Resetti shrine XD I love it! Especially the rug, very pretty.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal