collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Animal Crossing: New Horizons  (Read 38846 times)

Offline AvianWing

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
Animal Crossing: New Horizons
« on: December 31, 2019, 10:58:43 PM »
For you Animal Crossing fans out there, some new New Horizons stuff just came out.

New Japanese Commercial:
https://youtu.be/0H4oeZnTLFM

And some new art (looks like part of it will be the box art as well):
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: Animal Crossing: New Horizons
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2020, 06:34:34 AM »
I am so excited! It looks like we'll be getting a new special character that looks like a younger Chip?

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline AvianWing

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2020, 08:29:17 PM »
Admittedly I've never actually played an Animal Crossing game but I really want to play this one!

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2020, 09:10:50 PM »
The art in NH is so pretty! NL's charm wore off really fast, I didn't like the weird texture everything was rendered with. NH's art style looks nice and simple and vibrant. And when you look at the different seasons in-game you can really feel it. It has a great atmosphere.

Whatshisface... Harvey, is it... he's returning? I just noticed him and that island...? Is that a side thing to do, perhaps? Or is camping returning in some form...?

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2020, 03:31:36 AM »
I’m so going to get this game, but not from the Game store but the official U.K Nintendo website.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2020, 07:52:03 AM »
Unpopular opinion but I'm tired of Isabelle and won't really miss her if she's gone. She's cute, but she's not the only cute character.  Harvey could fit in, I could see that. I just hope that if there's an island it doesn't turn the whole game into beetle farming like NL did. Maybe he could run a tourist office or something!

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Ragamuffin

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2020, 10:02:48 AM »
Unpopular opinion but I'm tired of Isabelle and won't really miss her if she's gone. She's cute, but she's not the only cute character.

:iconclap: She really took over the series. She's cute and nice but to me she sort of embodies the "too nice"-ness of ACNL. The animals in that game were all the same exact personality really, and I felt no reason to greet my neighbours everyday or try to make friends because everyone had the same things to say. If someone moved I wasn't ever upset about it.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2020, 11:33:08 AM »
Otoh, AC is absolutely adorable! Otoh this genre simply isn't my cup of tea. Hope you guys have a blast playing it.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2020, 12:19:55 PM »
Never mind Isabelle, where's Digby? I want him to get his turn in the spotlight, for once ;)

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2020, 12:50:06 PM »
The art in NH is so pretty! NL's charm wore off really fast, I didn't like the weird texture everything was rendered with. NH's art style looks nice and simple and vibrant. And when you look at the different seasons in-game you can really feel it. It has a great atmosphere.

I was actually quite pleased with the new art direction they took for New Leaf. I thought it worked very well. When New Horizons info was first released I was really underwhelmed by it. By the second trailer they showed in September I was pretty much sold, though. I don't know what really changed.

Unpopular opinion but I'm tired of Isabelle and won't really miss her if she's gone. She's cute, but she's not the only cute character.
:iconclap: She really took over the series. She's cute and nice but to me she sort of embodies the "too nice"-ness of ACNL. The animals in that game were all the same exact personality really, and I felt no reason to greet my neighbours everyday or try to make friends because everyone had the same things to say. If someone moved I wasn't ever upset about it.

For me, I'm fine with Isabelle, but she has never really stuck out to me like she has to so many others. I was surprised by how much people wanted her in Super Smash Bros, and then her ended up getting included.

To be fair, though, if any character in the game needed to be nice, Isabelle was the right choice. Like it's funny to walk into the post office at night and run into Phyllis, but to have an animal that showed up as often as Isabelle did be rude would have been off. Especially since she was your assistant. I'd just want to be like "You're rude, I should be able to fire you over that and hire someone else". lol

|My Collection|

Offline AvianWing

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2020, 06:57:41 PM »
New Screenshots:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2020, 07:21:08 PM »
OMGS that's soo cuute!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2020, 07:44:34 AM »
To be fair, though, if any character in the game needed to be nice, Isabelle was the right choice. Like it's funny to walk into the post office at night and run into Phyllis, but to have an animal that showed up as often as Isabelle did be rude would have been off. Especially since she was your assistant. I'd just want to be like "You're rude, I should be able to fire you over that and hire someone else". lol
They should let us choose! I'd pick Gracie personally to be my assistant.  :silly: "Mayor, we should raise some funds to get you a more sightly outfit." I think Isabelle fits NL's vibe very well but I think the oversaturation of her online is just...tiring me.
I'm particularly excited about the range of character options they seem to give us right off the bat. I don't have to put up with a hairstyle I hate for a few months until I build a hair salon? Nice! The different nose shapes are great, too.
I do really like that we'll be getting two villagers to hang out with for a while. It's a nice way to grow some new faves, just being forced to look at them for so long. I really do hope they flesh out the dialogue options this time around, I think it's a fairly common complaint from people who played other games growing up, so I'm hoping it's one that won't be ignored.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Sweet Stuff

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • Lil Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2020, 02:22:02 PM »
I can't wait for this! It's come a long way since the original, which will always be my favourite, and I've been playing Pocket Camp every day to tide me over until this comes out. I might even get NL out again while I wait.

I've pre-ordered NH :D I hope it's worth the £55 (no pre-order bonus for that price? Sheesh)
Currently looking for: NIP G1 Sweet Stuff.

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2020, 02:59:51 PM »
I haven't pre-ordered yet because I over-spent this week, but I didn't see any pre-order bonuses anywhere. Too bad they fell out of style.

Sig by Starscout <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal