collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Any other Sanrio fans here?  (Read 6618 times)

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Any other Sanrio fans here?
« on: November 30, 2019, 09:03:48 AM »
I was torn between putting this thread in here or the main Off Topic board but I went with here because of all the Sanrio merch out there, though feel free to discuss other aspects about their characters besides the toys and merch!

Are there any other fans of Sanrio's characters here? You know, the company behind Hello Kitty? I love Sanrio and all of its characters and figured I may as well try making a thread about them here.

Some of my favorites are Gudetama, Kuromi, and Cogimyun. Franchise wise I really love Show By Rock!!, and the art style of Rilu Rilu Fairilu is very beautiful though I don't know anything about its characters. I love them all though, really... What are your guys' favorite Sanrio characters and franchises? :) Any favorite pieces of merch you own or would like to own?

Their official Japanese site has a fairly comprehensive list of their characters (though it is incomplete, Sanrio Danshi doesn't seem to be listed).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Any other Sanrio fans here?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2019, 09:53:19 AM »
I love Kuromi (My Melody's rival), Little Twin Stars and Aggretsuko (well, the entire show).
I have a bunch of Kuromi and LTS items. My favorite is my Kuromi plush purse that looks like her head. I keep my USB cords in there :biggrin:

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2019, 10:14:15 AM »
I was on a real Kuromi kick for a while, and now I'm on Aggretsuko. I love Chococat and Jewelpet, too! I do wish there were more US Jewelpet stuff.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2019, 11:08:37 AM »
I like Little Twins Stars.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2019, 11:35:23 AM »
A lot of stuff has been happening recently with Sanrio's Show By Rock!! franchise. About a week ago it was announced at the annual 3969 Grateful Rock Fes (stream + concert held for SB69) that it would be getting a brand new game and a new anime. The new game will be developed by Square Enix. Then, a couple days later, as figured would be the case, it was announced that the original game (which started in 2013) will be shutting down as the new game will entirely replacing it.

It's a very bittersweet in the SB69 community right now. With everyone looking forward to the new game but we're also going to really miss the original. I've been playing the game since February of 2015 and have put countless hours into it. I've logged in nearly every day since I downloaded it, only missing a handful of days. It's going to be really hard to having it shut down. :cry: I'm excited for the new game though. I'm just hoping all 27 bands in the original game make it into the new one. I have faith all of the game's original bands will make it in, I'm more just worried if all the tie-up bands will make it in (bands directly based on real Japanese musicians). Particularly those based on bands that have since disbanded (Shirorakurosuka? and Gauga Strikes, as Karasu wa Masshiro and KFK respectively are disbanded). All of the in-game tie-ups got me into some really good music, especially with Labomunch as clammbon are now just my #1 favorite band period.

On the topic of the new game and anime, three previously existing Sanrio characters were brought into SB69 for it which really surprised me. Mashimahimeko, a virtual YouTuber character Sanrio introduced last year, is a member of the newly introduced band "Mashumairesh!!", the band that the new anime will be focused on. Two other members in the new band are Delmin, who Sanrio debuted earlier this year, and Howan, the mascot for Sanrio Animestore which opened up a couple years back. Ruhuyu, their drummer, is the only entirely new character in this band. I was not expecting Sanrio to re-purpose those three and bring them into Show By Rock!!, but it's a pleasant surprise. :)

With the original game ending (its servers shut down on December 26th), those of us in the SB69 Discord server are trying our best to back up the game's episodes by screenshotting them. Once the server's down we'll never be able to access the game again so we've gotta get it done... it's a bit overwhelming though.  ^^;

I love Kuromi (My Melody's rival), Little Twin Stars and Aggretsuko (well, the entire show).
I have a bunch of Kuromi and LTS items. My favorite is my Kuromi plush purse that looks like her head. I keep my USB cords in there :biggrin:

I still need to get around to watching Aggretsuko's second season. I don't have Netflix though, so I have to look it up online...

I was on a real Kuromi kick for a while, and now I'm on Aggretsuko. I love Chococat and Jewelpet, too! I do wish there were more US Jewelpet stuff.

Jewelpet has so many cute character designs! I've got a few plush of some of its characters and a prize figures of one of the human girls. Still haven't actually watched it though. Should get around to that. :P

I like Little Twins Stars.

Ponyfan

LTS seem very popular here! I've got a few items of them, but I should get more. Don't have any plush yet. But I love their pastel aesthetic a lot. I love that they got a collaboration with MLP last year! I own the multi case from that collab.

Offline orangepeachmango

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Which one's Pink?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2019, 04:42:53 PM »
I've always loved little twin stars! recently Im loving chococat, shinkesan and keroppi.
I'm sort of more of a fan of san-x though  :lookround: jinbeisan is my all time favorite mascot

wishlist

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2019, 05:58:18 PM »
I love Sanrio, just wish it wasn't so expensive.

My faves:
Little Twin Stars
Spotty Dotty
Pachaco
Kerokerokeropi
Hummingmint

I've been looking for some good LTS merch for a while.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 06:00:28 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2019, 08:13:25 AM »
I love Sanrio! ^^ I'm not a huge collector but I like picking some stuff up sometimes. I love Usahana (I think she's retired now though), Kuromi, Cinnamoroll/Cinnamoangels... I LOVED the original Aggretsuko shorts but I couldn't really get into the Netflix show when I tried to watch that, gotta give it another go sometime.

I think the only thing I have photos of is this Kurumi (and Kuromi) figure:

(....please excuse the faceplanting Sylvanians in front.. they were, uh, planking. Or something. >_> One day I'll post a photo without having to say "pls ignore the faceplanting X/Y/Z"!)

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2019, 07:39:41 AM »
We've got some new characters in the ever expanding world of Sanrio today now that another band has been announced for Show By Rock!!'s new anime (so by extension they'll also be in the new video game). Meet DOKONJOFINGER!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzU8ZehQQ7g

I've always loved little twin stars! recently Im loving chococat, shinkesan and keroppi.

Shinkesan is so cute, I really need to get myself some merchandise with him! Cute little train friend. :)

I love Sanrio, just wish it wasn't so expensive.

My faves:
Little Twin Stars
Spotty Dotty
Pachaco
Kerokerokeropi
Hummingmint

I've been looking for some good LTS merch for a while.

Love Hummingmint (and your icon of her!). She's another I don't own anything of yet though. I need a plush or something.

I love Sanrio! ^^ I'm not a huge collector but I like picking some stuff up sometimes. I love Usahana (I think she's retired now though), Kuromi, Cinnamoroll/Cinnamoangels... I LOVED the original Aggretsuko shorts but I couldn't really get into the Netflix show when I tried to watch that, gotta give it another go sometime.

I think the only thing I have photos of is this Kurumi (and Kuromi) figure:
Spoiler
(....please excuse the faceplanting Sylvanians in front.. they were, uh, planking. Or something. >_> One day I'll post a photo without having to say "pls ignore the faceplanting X/Y/Z"!)

I love your Kurumi figure! Kuromi's one of my favorites, I really want to get a figure of her human form! :lovey:
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 08:42:19 AM by TheBeatlesPkmnFan42 »

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2019, 07:52:29 AM »
To all the Aggretsuko fans; who's your favorite character? Mine are Washimi and Gori.

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2019, 07:56:50 AM »
Washimi has my favorite design!! It's a win for Tsunoda otherwise. Fenneko is a close second.

Sig by Starscout <3

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2019, 03:03:58 PM »
I like Zelda/Fenneko.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2019, 06:37:55 AM »
I got a cute Lil Twin Stars cloth. I'll show it off when it arrives.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2019, 08:19:49 AM »
I have some random Hello Kitty stuff but mostly for completely unrelated reasons. As a kid I was given a couple of pencil cases by a Japanese family friend/student of my mother's. It was around 1990-1991 and I don't think I even knew what HK was then, I don't think it had come to the UK at all, but I loved those pencil tins with their little trays and I know I still have them somewhere. Then last year I obtained a couple of keychains of Hello Kitty dressed up as mediaeval Japanese samurai which genuinely DID make it into a lecture I gave at uni...

Otherwise though I have a large Kirimi-chan plush on my bed and some mini sushi straps as well.

This is not my picture but my Kirimi looks like this:
Spoiler

I am not huge on Gudetama. I have a keychain somewhere and a pencil I brought back from Japan but that's all I think.

I know I have some random other stuff with the artwork from sanrio on but I am not really a fan of the cutesy fairy girly lines they produce so I don't really remember what those belong to off-hand. I'm more into the quirky cute stuff (like random sushi with faces xD).

This is probably treason on this thread so I apologise in advance but my pet favourite cute Japanese things are Sumikkogurashi and Jinbei-san, both of whom I think are SanX and not Sanrio...

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2019, 01:41:36 PM »
Oh. My Little Twin Stars cloth came. Its very sweet.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal