collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I made a mistake  (Read 3285 times)

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
I made a mistake
« on: September 28, 2019, 01:33:42 PM »

Recently I have moved out of my parents’ home and am living with extended family 3 or 4 miles away from my old address.
I on the 24th September ordered a plushie owl from AliExpress, and changed the address to where I’m living now. It has since been shipped out and is ready to leave China.
Early on the 28th September, I ordered another, a different design from a different seller. Since the address had been typed in once, I could just select it again, and it was only after I’d placed the order, I noticed I hadn’t changed the postcode. So the address is right, but the postcode is for my old address. For the second order, I messaged the seller to ask them to change it but they haven’t replied yet. Nothing I can do about the first though.
The first two letters of the post code are the same, but the rest isn’t. Which address will it go to, or will it be sent back? It came from China and I don’t know if you can send it back.
Moving has been very stressful for me (it wasn’t my decision) and I thought I’d buy the owls to cheer myself up a bit, especially as they’re one-of-a-kind straight from the factory. Now I’ve just given myself more to worry about that I don’t need!

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: I made a mistake
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2019, 01:37:50 PM »
It depends on the postal receiver, but if the address is correct and the zip code is wrong, its possible that it will get to your new address. I'm thinking as long as the town is correct and there isn't a duplicate town with the same name, you should be ok.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2019, 11:18:06 PM »
I think you should be okay. But it is Australian post!!!

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline Nella

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2019, 02:31:34 AM »
My international postal experiences have learned me they look at the postal code and the number of the house. You could check if the combination of the postal code and number there is a real address?
Link to my salesthread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,377651.0.html.

Link to my thread with available FTB's: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,394652.0.html.

No pony will be left behind! Please come check for the pony's in need of some TLC over here: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,397984.0.html.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2019, 10:24:00 AM »
We're talking about Royal Mail, right?

I think there's a good chance it might be delayed but will still get to you. If you had moved half way across the other side of the country, that might be different, but a few miles away means the sorting office is probably the same one for the area and someone will notice when it comes to sorting for delivery.

You can also contact RM and ask them about it if it doesn't show up, explaining the problem. It's no guarantee and it may go back to China, but there's a chance if it's in the same vague locale.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2019, 05:38:44 PM »
Sorry, I have no idea why I thought Australia!

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2019, 01:26:04 AM »
Sorry, I have no idea why I thought Australia!

Yeah I wondered what you meant by that!

Post Merge: September 30, 2019, 01:27:28 AM

My international postal experiences have learned me they look at the postal code and the number of the house. You could check if the combination of the postal code and number there is a real address?

Ok, and yes there is an address which has that house number and postcode, I'll see if I can contact them as well as Royal Mail

Post Merge: September 30, 2019, 01:37:33 AM

On the second Parcel, the seller has cancelled it and re-done but now it just says this : ,Cambridgeshire,England [my name]. I really hope the seller hasn't forgotten to put any address at all!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 01:37:33 AM by EnaRocketQueen »

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2019, 02:16:00 PM »
I did that once before-  the city, state, address correct but postal code - (the last two numbers) wrong.

The package got sent back.  But that was USPS so hopefully the Royal Mail is better. 

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2019, 01:47:57 AM »
The first parcel arrived yesterday to the right address. Maybe they don't take any notice of postcodes

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2019, 03:44:23 AM »
It tends to be if they know the area they can compensate for mistakes. Since you are probably using the same sorting office they probably figured it out.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• View Profile
Re: I made a mistake - second parcel cancelled
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2019, 01:09:46 PM »
So when the first parcel arrived with no difficulty, I thought it was all ok with the second. I checked the tracking a couple of times to seeit hasn't moved, but there's a holiday in China in October and I assumed it was just delayed because of that.

Today I learned that the parcel was cancelled.

Then I remembered it had looked like the seller had left half of the address off, even though I messaged them and they insisted they hadn't. I messaged them again and they said the package was lost and that's why it was cancelled but I think it's likely it got to the UK and was considered undeliverable. I'm not sure if it's too late to phone the sorting office or whether I should wait to hear from the seller that it's been returned.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal