collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Moon Prism Power Make Up! A Sailor Moon Discussion Thread  (Read 16296 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Hi,

This is a Sailor Moon discussion thread. Feel free to talk about anything related to Sailor Moon in this thread.  :)  I have a few Sailor Moon things but they are all things that have been released in the last few years.  Here's a few pics.

Spoiler

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Re: Moon Prism Power Make Up! A Sailor Moon Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2019, 01:33:35 PM »
That tiara is neat ^^

Any news on another season of Crystal?

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2019, 01:49:42 PM »
That tiara is neat ^^

It's pushed back to 2020 now... Also rather then a season of episodes, it's 2 movies to cover the dream arc.

ETA:
And they dropped the Crystal part, I believe. It's just called "Sailor Moon Eternal" right now. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZe5rDHiwe4
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 02:13:52 PM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2019, 02:37:10 PM »
Spoiler

They very evilly made sure I can't just get Haruka. She comes with two arms while Michiru comes with two stands and you can put them together for a beautiful couple display.
This is such a step up from the wonky Crystal style figures. I love the Chouette series. I hope we'll see even more characters now and not just the Moon family.

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2019, 04:26:12 PM »
That figure of them is beautiful! They were such a wonderful couple to watch and read about when I was a kid and there were just no lesbian characters. I like how Crystal finally has them as the un sites couple that they are, but I’m afraid turning the next arc to a movie is going to cut out so much stuff. It’s a pretty large arc to just turn into movies. I’ll miss the actual series format. I enjoyed having it so close to the manga. While I loved the 90’s show my mom always bought us the manga so there was something left to be desired when you had the real story in comparison.

Merchandise wise HT has had some exercise shorts and a sports bra. I ended up with the shorts since the bra seemed like a lot. I mostly have SM stuff from the clothing lines HT and Torrid have released. I’m really partial to my wallet and purse I’ve been carrying around during the spring/summer season. It’s too hard to upload and post pictures here or I would.

They did release the rest of the old 90’s movies and season five part one in English. I need to pick up the season since I would like to hear the Starlights voices.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2019, 05:30:35 PM »
I have a super soft spot for the first 2 seasons. I would wake up at like 6 am to watch it. I didn't have cable so i really didn't see season 3 on tv. (although a family member recorded "the lost episodes" for me).

and after that anything else anime stuff I could find on the web was practically magical... (small clips, pictures, etc). I had to turn to fan subs to finish the series... haaa.. kind of crazy it's finally here legit now.

I'm not sure what to expect out of the movies. I'm a bit disappointed too it's not normal episodes. I do like the new character designs tho...

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2019, 09:44:24 PM »
    Every year at my school, all the second languages make a video in their language. Since I’m in Japanese, we made spoofs of anime. I was in the sailor moon group. We wrote the script in What Japanese we knew, and made our own costumes! I was supposed to be Venus, but our sailor moon actor (he honestly had the best sailor moon impression) fell ill the week we were filming. So I got to take the role, as it turns out we have the same skirt size, and he dubbed over me. It was a lot of fun, and I kind of wish I had a copy of the video.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2019, 08:36:14 AM »
That figure of them is beautiful! They were such a wonderful couple to watch and read about when I was a kid and there were just no lesbian characters.

All of us who were little kids and still able to see them as a couple and not censored were truly blessed. I have a soft spot for the German dub and even prefer it to the original because they left them be lesbians and that was really rare for 90s German kids media.
Also love the voices in general. A lot of ~iconic German voice actors worked on it. One of them (Sailor Jupiter) died several years ago because of cancer and listening to her voice is so bittersweet now. For anyone who is interested in comparing voice actrors:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opMUDFv67xo

The German stock phrases for the Senshi (German: Sailor-Krieger, sailor warriors) are always samey. We didn't get as many attack names as the Japanese. Usually there'd be something like "flieg und sieg!" ("fly and succeed/win").
Jupiter's phrases translated would be:
"Power of the Jupiter mists, open up!", "Thunderstrike, fly!", "Jupiter - power of thunder - succeed!"

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2019, 03:11:47 PM »
That tiara is neat ^^

Thank you. :) I got it at Hot Topic last year.

Merchandise wise HT has had some exercise shorts and a sports bra. I ended up with the shorts since the bra seemed like a lot. I mostly have SM stuff from the clothing lines HT and Torrid have released. I’m really partial to my wallet and purse I’ve been carrying around during the spring/summer season. It’s too hard to upload and post pictures here or I would.

I have a SM wallet too. :)  I forgot to get a pic of it but it's blue with SM and the Inner Senshi on it.

I only caught part of one episode of SM when I was growing while I was waiting for something else to come on TV. A few years ago I saw several posts here mentioning SM and decided to give it a try. Walmart had the first Viz DVD set on sale and I discovered that I liked SM. :D At first I thought I only watch the 1st season but I've bought all of the Viz dvds except the Sailor Moon R movie. I've enjoyed most of every season and seeing Sailor Stars for the first time is really interesting.

I've also read a little over half of the manga. My bookstore doesn't restock all of the Sailor Moon manga so I have been literaly waiting for months for the next volume I'm reading to come back in stock.

Ponyfan

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2019, 03:54:11 PM »
[I've also read a little over half of the manga. My bookstore doesn't restock all of the Sailor Moon manga so I have been literaly waiting for months for the next volume I'm reading to come back in stock.

Have you checked to see if your library has it while you wait?  If not, they might be able to Interlibrary Loan it for you (I'm pretty sure the library I work at has them).

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2019, 01:12:28 PM »
[I've also read a little over half of the manga. My bookstore doesn't restock all of the Sailor Moon manga so I have been literaly waiting for months for the next volume I'm reading to come back in stock.

Have you checked to see if your library has it while you wait?  If not, they might be able to Interlibrary Loan it for you (I'm pretty sure the library I work at has them).

Thanks Pokeyonekenobie. I checked my city's libraries and only one carries some of the SM manga. I also looked in to Interlibrary Loan and it cost $3 per item. One day I will find the next volume.  :)

I just finished Sailor Stars part 1

Spoiler
It's obvious something happened to Momoru when the bright light hit the plane since he hasn't answered any of Usagi's letters. I really like Seiya.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 02:22:25 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2019, 10:11:52 AM »
Does anyone know if the dream pocket dolls experience the same hair rot like the SMW mini collection dolls?

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2019, 10:43:50 AM »
I bought the most adorable SM purse last summer... still have not convinced myself to actually USE it... LOL
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2019, 12:53:11 PM »
https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/ut-graphic-tees/sailor-moon

Uniqlo shirts are coming!

I just figured I'd give everyone a heads up since they might not familiar with the brand. I'm happy about it since last collab they only released in Japan. (Now I'd only we could get GU (tears)).

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2019, 10:59:26 PM »
YESS a Sailor Moon thread. Love the old and the new.  :heart: I am gonna watch Crystal now that I am on vacation.
I have SM wallet too, bags and small bags, and acceccories aswell. Love them, they are so cute.  I have a mercurius symbol on my neck, as I am born in June and of course, cause Sailor Mercurius. I want more SM tattoo's. Atleast one that has the moon, but I havent figured out what and where I want it.  :rainbow: :fox:

Thank you :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal