collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ebay seller shipping problem  (Read 2039 times)

Offline BethyVic

• Let It Be/Peace & Love Pony
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There is still a light that shines on me
    • View Profile
Ebay seller shipping problem
« on: July 14, 2019, 05:40:20 PM »
 I ordered a few of the MIB ST Applejacks on eBay. One came in a box and it was perfect.  The one I got today was wrapped in bubble wrap, then  brown paper and covered in tape.  The box is smashed in one one corner.  I paid  $6.13 for shipping. I am angry and unsure of what to do.  Should I contact the seller and complain or ask for a refund of some of the shipping?  This is the first time in all my years on eBay that a package has been so damaged. 
[email protected]

*Looking for MOC Starflash and her comb loose, MOC Peppermint Crunch and MOC Sky Rocket (sparkle) all US versions*

Offline Pumpkin_Tart

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay seller shipping problem
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2019, 06:03:14 PM »
I am sorry that happened... :( that’s got to be frustrating! As a seller and a buyer, what I would do is let the seller know that you are unsatisfied because what you bought was partially smashed in shipping... so I would communicate with them first and see if you can get a refund/ or partially refund for that reason. On the bright side, you can have a loose St applejack to display w/ your mib ones. Hope this helps😁

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2019, 06:34:06 PM »
Well, honestly, your issue more lies within "item is not as described". You bought a MIB pony with a perfect box, and that's how you should of gotten it.

The price of the shipping isn't outlandish, it sounds pretty on par for the weight of the item (9-10 oz) + the cost of bubble wrap + the fees that ebay tack on.

I would contact the seller, and tell them what happened. Be polite (because accidents do happen). And if they don't offer some sort of resolution, then you can escalate a case with eBay and they will get you a full refund if you send it back.

You can order the pony straight from Target for retail price-- and $5.99 shipping or with free shipping if you order $25 or more. https://www.target.com/p/my-little-pony-applejack-stranger-things-pony/-/A-76198166
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 06:36:59 PM by banditpony »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2019, 09:15:41 AM »
Contact the seller and complain.  They will probably refund you or ask for a return.  If they don't refund you willingly, you file a SNAD (item Significantly Not As Described.)

But do contact the seller first and give them a chance to make things right, that is good eBay etiquette.

Edit:  And if they ask for a return, I would accept it, send it back, and buy one from Target.com.

Second Edit:  I don't know if this is universal, or if it's local to my Target, but for me ST Applejack is showing up on sale for $6.99 on Target.com.  It's a sale that ends today (7/16).
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 09:28:24 AM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2019, 11:31:43 AM »
Second Edit:  I don't know if this is universal, or if it's local to my Target, but for me ST Applejack is showing up on sale for $6.99 on Target.com.  It's a sale that ends today (7/16).

They have a big sale today in response to prime day...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal