collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Bizarre PayPal case filed against me - Update 4/27  (Read 4906 times)

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
Bizarre PayPal case filed against me - Update 4/27
« on: April 17, 2019, 04:33:40 PM »
I found a lot of ponies last week with a BIN on it. It was more than I wanted to pay so I made an offer. Although the counteroffer was still a little high I accepted and paid via PayPal.

According to tracking via eBay, they were supposed to arrive today, but before they did, I received an email that the seller had filed a case and that "payment you received was made without the account holder's permission or was the result of a transaction error" and that my available balance would be placed on hold.

It went on: "Because you’ve got Funds Now, the transaction amount won’t be placed on hold and will be available in your balance. If you've already shipped the merchandise, let us know which shipping company you used, and provide the tracking number."

It was worded like I was the seller and not the buyer!

So I went into PayPal and responded (it treated me like the seller, even though it showed I had a negative balance in the transaction) and I entered tracking and the carrier and in the notes explained I was the buyer and not the seller.

A couple hours later they found in my favor. I tried to contact the seller to find out what is going on with this. Has anyone else had this occur?

My ponies arrived today with no issues but I'm scratching my head over how a case like this can be opened.

EDIT: The seller's eBay ID is omniumdesignzstudio in case anyone wants to avoid purchasing from them.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 06:14:42 AM by bluerose9978 »

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Bizarre PayPal case filed against me
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2019, 07:45:55 PM »
Wow that is strange
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2019, 09:21:55 PM »
     There have been strange feelings in the force, or a strange feeling in the air. Things seem to have been a bit bizarre, but that has to be one of the stranger things I’ve read heard happen this week.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2019, 05:58:43 AM »
Both my husband and I have been scratching our heads over this. The only thing I can figure is the seller didn't receive an item from another transaction and accidentally initiated a case on mine but I don't know how it treated me like the seller when I was a buyer?

In any case, the seller has not responded to me. I'm leaning toward leaving them a neutral or negative for the experience. If I had needed to use my Paypal funds at the time I would have been SOL.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2019, 06:00:38 AM »
Both my husband and I have been scratching our heads over this. The only thing I can figure is the seller didn't receive an item from another transaction and accidentally initiated a case on mine but I don't know how it treated me like the seller when I was a buyer?

In any case, the seller has not responded to me. I'm leaning toward leaving them a neutral or negative for the experience. If I had needed to use my Paypal funds at the time I would have been SOL.

How do you know they caused it over a glitch in PayPal?

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2019, 06:02:03 AM »

It said in the email that the seller opened a case against me.

I assume if it was just paypal opening the case it would say paypal initiated it.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 06:04:02 AM by bluerose9978 »

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2019, 06:12:51 AM »

I assume if it was just paypal opening the case it would say paypal initiated it.

But as a buyer, how would you receive a payment to have your funds held. The whole thing is strange. It still could be a glitch.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2019, 06:15:31 AM »

But as a buyer, how would you receive a payment to have your funds held. The whole thing is strange. It still could be a glitch.

I know! I was about to call Paypal about the whole thing and then they found in my favor. I just don't understand it and it doesn't help that the seller won't respond to me.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2019, 06:22:45 AM »
You could still call PayPal.

Seems glitchy to me. I literally don't know how a seller could open a case about holding funds when you sent money and the funds were already released. Everything is so automated.

I'd call PayPal to make sure it was a glitch and not some sort of phishing thing.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2019, 06:34:39 AM »

Seems glitchy to me. I literally don't know how a seller could open a case about holding funds when you sent money and the funds were already released. Everything is so automated.

I'd call PayPal to make sure it was a glitch and not some sort of phishing thing.

I did it all through my paypal account and didn't click on any email. My account showed there was an active claim and needed "seller response" meaning me....????

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2019, 06:37:15 AM »
I wouldn't leave a negative or neutral because it might be an error purely on Paypal's end.  I mean, we are already talking about a situation that should be impossible--filing against the buyer.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2019, 06:38:41 AM »

I did it all through my paypal account and didn't click on any email. My account showed there was an active claim and needed "seller response" meaning me....????

It's still completely odd...and PayPal would know most about it.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2019, 06:51:45 AM »
I wouldn't leave a negative or neutral because it might be an error purely on Paypal's end.  I mean, we are already talking about a situation that should be impossible--filing against the buyer.

Don't you find it at all odd, though, that the seller isn't responding? Because I do. In any case I'm holding off on feedback for now.

Post Merge: April 18, 2019, 07:31:34 AM

So....from PayPal's automated system I found out the seller filed a charge back on me. Thing is, I'm the one who made the payment so I'm not entirely sure how that works.

A customer service person is supposed to call me back shortly.

Post Merge: April 18, 2019, 08:12:57 AM

The customer service representative confirmed the seller had filed a charge back against the transaction. She said she had never seen anything like it before and said it wasn't a PayPal glitch.

The seller has only 13 feedbacks. I think I am now justified in leaving a negative.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 08:12:57 AM by bluerose9978 »

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2019, 08:57:06 AM »
Well at least it's confirmed..

But I still don't understand!! (Which isn't saying I don't understand you, but just how it's possible they could have an option to do that).

How do you send a charge back on a buyer?
The only way I see that is if there was a refund.

That's terrifying 😨

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2019, 09:09:40 AM »
I don't understand it either. The PayPal rep didn't understand it. My husband doesn't understand it. I guess her credit card company is the only one who can explain how they didn't catch it. The PayPal rep assured me that she wouldn't have been able to win the case because she didn't have sufficient evidence. She said the only thing she can figure that the reason she could open the charge back claim was that she lied about the transaction, claiming I somehow sent her a payment. But, of course, the evidence shows that I didn't. I didn't have any correspondence with the seller other than making her an offer and she counteroffering in the auction, so I have no idea why she felt compelled to making this claim against me. It makes absolutely no sense. I'd just watch out for this seller.

If anyone wants to know the seller's eBay name so they can avoid them, feel free to message me.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 05:39:13 AM by bluerose9978 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal