collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ended Toy lines? + looking for newly released toy lines!  (Read 35255 times)

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
Re: Ended Toy lines? + looking for newly released toy lines!
« Reply #150 on: October 20, 2020, 08:12:24 AM »
I actually have a guide for lotts littles on my site: cuteminithings.weebly.com

Ooooh I love it!! Definitely bookmarking, I loved Lotta Littles :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 20, 2020, 01:31:26 PM »

Post Merge: October 20, 2020, 02:05:03 AM

Oh and those twisty pet things are a rip off of ones made blby the company that made Liv, MGA? Or was it zuru? Anyhow, there was ones before these twisty pets ones, I have some. They've been discussed on ghostofthedoll before (by me!)

The Twisty Petz are made by Spinmaster and are copying are Bizu, which was also made by Spinmaster. Which is also the same company that made Liv. They actually have made a lot of things but frequently get forgotten about when talking about big toy companies.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 21, 2020, 01:52:52 AM »

Ooh what an awesome website! I'm just off down Memory Lane looking at the Lotta Littles and the mini Pound Puppies :lovey:

Online freezestime

• Forever and Always the Prom Queen
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 25, 2020, 08:53:38 AM »
Ack Im so sorry for neglecting this thread, I've been busy with life and I need to update with newly released lines.
Freezestime's Masterlist! https://bit.ly/3x1te5n
Dedicated G2 thread! https://bit.ly/3vIIJhL
Dedicated G2 V2.0 thread! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,403447.msg1880080/topicseen.html#new
Forgotten Toy lines! [urlhttps://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=395090.150[/url]

Offline pixiemouse

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 27, 2020, 02:27:00 AM »
I think a lot of newer toy lines are not collector friendly. Any sort of squishy plastic thing (e.g. Squinkies) decays quite rapidly. Ooshies too, I think will not hold up, any sort of squish filled thing (like I had an orbeez dog apple. I gave it to my niece and nephew. I do not know where or what it is now but I suspect it will be gross) or those fash 'ems I think they were called? Num noms too, they will split easily. And the actual jelly/foamy squish toys, they will not last. I don't mean the plush ones, the ones that are like a shaped food or whatever and you squish it in your hand and it slow rises.

I thought about collecting the 'girl' ooshies - care bears and disney and what not but decided against it because I think they will degrade very easily.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 27, 2020, 01:26:01 PM »
I think a lot of newer toy lines are not collector friendly. Any sort of squishy plastic thing (e.g. Squinkies) decays quite rapidly. Ooshies too, I think will not hold up, any sort of squish filled thing (like I had an orbeez dog apple. I gave it to my niece and nephew. I do not know where or what it is now but I suspect it will be gross) or those fash 'ems I think they were called? Num noms too, they will split easily. And the actual jelly/foamy squish toys, they will not last. I don't mean the plush ones, the ones that are like a shaped food or whatever and you squish it in your hand and it slow rises.

I thought about collecting the 'girl' ooshies - care bears and disney and what not but decided against it because I think they will degrade very easily.

While those water and bead filled things will probably not hold up to time simply because water will evaporate, the other things you mentioned might or might not last depending on how they are handled or cared for. There's been vintage toys that have been made out of similar materials like Monster in My Pocket and Madballs. Good condition ones can be found but that's because they had the right kind of storage conditions that would not lead to decay.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 28, 2020, 03:05:43 AM »
@pixiemouse Just tried to message you via your website but not sure it worked. I ended up clicking the submit button like a loon, so if you have multiple messages from me I'm sorry!

I just wanted to say that I had the Pound Puppies Pet Paradise playset when I was little, and I still have one of the puppies, so I can definitely confirm that it came with a cream-coloured puppy with white paws and ears. I also remember a ginger cat with white paws (I mostly remember it because I lost it in the car and my mum had to dismantle the seats to try to find it!). I can't remember the other figures, but hopefully that helps! I can send a photo of the puppy if you like :)

Online freezestime

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 20, 2020, 06:55:25 AM »
Added 5-sies, Robo Baby and Toffee & Friends!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 08:35:33 PM by freezestime »
Dedicated G2 V2.0 thread! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,403447.msg1880080/topicseen.html#new

Offline Mlp Sunsparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Sparkles are great, but Sunsparkles are better!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 03, 2021, 08:23:18 AM »
Sorry it’s been so long, Hope it’s okay to add some more!

KeyTweens - Bandai - 2009
Small moulded doll figures. The bodies, trousers/skirts and heads can be swapped. Many different ones were made. Some were sold with an extra outfit, others were sold with a fold out playset.

T Neez - Bandai - 2005?
A large line of small dolls with many playsets. Dolls are moulded plastic, some with moulded hair and others with real hair. The dolls look to have magnetic features, like magnets in their feet.

Sweet Secrets - Vivid Imaginations/play along - 2008?
Small, 2 inch dolls with hair that each come in a container shaped as a lipstick. A purse shaped playset was also produced.

Twilight ponies - vivid imaginations - 2009
Hard plastic, small ponies with hair and glow in the dark hooves. Came with an animal friend and necklaces with a charm on them. One playset - magical midnight star palace was produced. It had a light inside to charge their hooves so they would glow brighter. Names are Wish, Surf, Blossom, Storm, Valentine, Sunbeam, Flying Twilight and Snowflake Treasure. Were either produced for a long time or shelf sitters, as they were still being offered in the 2010s. At least 8 different ponies produced.

Hot Trotz & Friendz - ? - 2000s
Ponies with removable shoes and accessories. They look odd when the shoes are removed as they have feathered hooves. At least Three were produced - purple with pink hair, pink with pink and chartreuse hair, and hot pink with chartreuse and Pink mane, with an orange tail. One purple one is shown with a pink paw print brush. The “& Friendz” points towards other animals or dolls being involved in the line, but sadly there is no information or pictures of anything but the loose ponies. They are stamped with the logo and made in China on their tummy, manufacturer unknown.

Just Grrls - Chicco - 2002
Dolls that came with many accessories and a locker with their name on. There were many produced and are still available quite cheaply secondhand (even mib) now.

Hairmonies - ? (Exclusive to ToysRUs) - 2012/2013?
Singing dolls which make noise when their hair is being brushed. Thermoooks to have been 3 produced; blonde, brunette and dark brown hair. They came with long hair, a “magic” brush that activated the singing, and some styling accessories. Their clothes are moulded on, with the exception of one fabric piece each (jacket, jumper and skirt respectively). Their feet are large and moulded together as one piece. It looks like their arms can move and may activate sounds or phrases.

Tini Puppini - Spin master - 2008
Large Plush dogs with clothes and accessories. They look to be possible to an extent (possibly wires inside) and they also had brushable hair. 3 were produced; Toffee (tan) Tisha (black/white) and Tutu (Brown/white). They had at least one playset, the sparklin salon. A carry bag and fashion packs were also made. I have seen toffee with either red or purple streaks in her hair so it’s possible there was a second wave too.

Little Cousins - Playmates - 2002
Dolls with very similar faces to galoob’s baby face dolls. There are many different dolls in the line (there seem to be 16), with each being around 8 inches in height. The faces may look alarming to some, as they have very piercing large eyes. Each doll had themed clothes and accessories some matching their name. They are: Parker pop star, Cassidy Cowgirl, Sophie Star, Sydney soccer, Amanda artist, Rachel campfire, Becca blossom, Brandey blades, Vanessa veterinarian, Paige Pom-Pom, Savannah belle, Sara schoolgirl, Scarlett skier, Bailey Beach, Bella ballerina, and Jenna jammies.

OOglies - Playmates - 1999
Interactive electronic pets with tails and extremely large, clear plastic eyes. They are likely based on furbies, speaking their own language “Ooglish”. They have a variety of different functions and sound effects, from laughing to answering questions. Each has a different theme and tail. Mini OOglies were also produced, these have keychains attached to them. Names are: hamhock, Mara-thon, cowlick, gridiron, gorlon, chicken tickle (what!?), splash, Hanchu, bump-along, kanian, Quinn, swandrea. I have also seen a pirate, baseball and fireman.

Blinkies - Playmates - 2000s
Odd, almost pear shaped plastic figures/pets? with moulded ponytails on top and a gem on their face. They have large eyes which are screens, looking a little spooky when turned off. As with most virtual pets, you need to keep them happy and entertained or they will become upset and/or sick. At least 6 produced: Blaze (Orange), Skye (blue), Perri (purple, commonly turns brown), Twink (yellow), Maxie (green), Zoe (pink). I have seen a couple others, purple with bright pink hair and purple with yellow hair, so it’s possible they came in different colours at some point.

B.F.F. (Best Friends Forever) - Playmates - 1999
Virtual friends (tamagotchi style). The one photo I could find shows a square case with a keychain on top, and what looks like a flip out screen. The back appears to be a container of sorts. Not much known - one post online states that two are Sheila and Ashley, with Michelle and Whitney being the other two. They come with accessories inside their cases that line up with their interests and personalities (lip gloss, comb, clips and mirror in fashionista Ashley’s, and paper and pencil in poet Sheila’s).

Lacies - Spin Master (also appear on F.E.V.A’s website?) - 2003
A series of dolls with brushable hair, moulded bodies and thread for their arms and legs. It looks like each has a design on their clothes that matched their name. Came with many beads, including letters to spell their name. The idea was to remove the hands and shoes, then add beads to decorate the arms and legs. The shoes and hands then worked to keep the beads on. At least 6 were made: (main hair colours in parentheses) Hip Hop heather (pink), Butterfly Brenna (teal), Star Staci (Orange), Flower Fiona (green), Rainbow Roxy (yellow), Glamour Gloria (blue).

Jaggets - famosa - 2000s
Large (around 16 inches tall) toddler dolls, each featuring a unique style. Some of their clothes are reversible to give each doll different styles instantly. Many different dolls and a few play/large accessory sets were released for them.

The G.U.R.L.Z - Irwin - 2002?
Interactive Robot/alien dolls that came with a pet. They look like they can be posed and will recognise when this has happened. According to the box, they seem to understand if they are upside down etc. and can tell you what poses they want to do. The dolls all have a small amount of brushable hair (pets have brushable tails) and come with a brush and hair clips. The pet could be plugged into them using their leash accessory and they would communicate with one another. At least 4 produced. They are (doll’s name, pet’s name respectively) Shishi and Kwak-up, Daloola and Mizoo, Zazi and Yazoo, Franika and Tiko.

The Beatrix Girls - popstar club inc. - 2013-15?
A band of 4 girls named Lark (red hair), Ainsley (blonde), Chantal (brunette), and Brayden (purple hair). They had a web series and even some songs on iTunes. Several sets of dolls produced, who all featured large heads and slightly angry looking eyebrows. Some of the original dolls came with their debut album on cd, along with a poster and stickers. Oddly, they were released without their instruments at first!

Sig made by: Sapphire Rain
Instagram: mlp_sunsparkle

Online freezestime

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 02, 2021, 01:44:55 AM »
Thank you for your contribution!!

The list has been updated!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal