collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ended Toy lines? + looking for newly released toy lines!  (Read 35257 times)

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Toy lines?
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2019, 08:01:21 AM »
Ever After High seems to have vanished. They stopped making the dolls and the upcoming movie got cancelled I think? I'm sure they're still around in shops but they might have stopped making any new ones

Online freezestime

• Forever and Always the Prom Queen
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2019, 08:10:34 AM »
Lalaloopsies are plentiful at carboot sales here (or they were last summer).

But interestingly so were Shopkins and the newer LPS. I tend to take flooding a carboot sale as being a sign of the decline of a toyline, but I think Shopkins at least are still going strong in stores?

I think the thing is a lot of toys are faddish now, rather than inspiring long term commitment. I imagine a lot of the 'blind' toys like LOL Surprise will also vanish into the mist once the fad is over...even though right now they're thriving.

Yeah, at least in Australia Shopkins are still going strong and I can somewhat agree with that, but I think there'd a niche market for LOL dolls once they stopped being produced, probably not as big as the MLP or MH community.

Post Merge: April 13, 2019, 08:12:57 AM

Ever After High seems to have vanished. They stopped making the dolls and the upcoming movie got cancelled I think? I'm sure they're still around in shops but they might have stopped making any new ones

They haven't been seen in shops for a few years, they started after Monster High began and ended before Monster High finished.

Post Merge: April 13, 2019, 08:15:11 AM

I really want pinkie cooper back, I thought those were so cute...

I didn't recall seeing them in Australia but I do see their appeal. Added to the list.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 08:15:11 AM by freezestime »
Freezestime's Masterlist! https://bit.ly/3x1te5n
Dedicated G2 thread! https://bit.ly/3vIIJhL
Dedicated G2 V2.0 thread! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,403447.msg1880080/topicseen.html#new
Forgotten Toy lines! [urlhttps://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=395090.150[/url]

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2019, 08:16:26 AM »
Num Noms

These are still on shelves here, so I don't think they are forgotten..
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Online freezestime

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2019, 08:19:15 AM »
Num Noms

Adjusted, they've been off shelves for years here in Australia.
Dedicated G2 V2.0 thread! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,403447.msg1880080/topicseen.html#new

Online TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2019, 08:23:11 AM »
Ever After High/Monster High

While EAH and MH have ended, they certainly can't be considered forgotten, there's still quite a lot of people collecting them.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Online freezestime

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2019, 08:25:58 AM »
Ever After High/Monster High

While EAH and MH have ended, they certainly can't be considered forgotten, there's still quite a lot of people collecting them.

Yeah, that's why they're not on the forgotten list.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2019, 09:40:10 AM »
Tyco Quints

Although Tyco quints may be forgotten, they were released in the 90's. I'm asking about 2010's forgotten toys but thank you regardless.

You might want to add that to the original post, because I also thought of some older ones until I saw this comment ;)

Shibajuku dolls are still on sale here.

If not for the show I would say Miraculous - except they have snuck back a little of late. The toys completely vanished from stores here 18 months ago...

I think Miraculous still qualifies but I do feel that in the US the toys were on the market when the show was relatively unknown and so the toys didn't sell. Now that the show is airing on Disney and is on US Netflix I think the toys would be more popular. I know I'd buy some. :)

I think the biggest problem with Twozies was the "treasure hunt" aspect of trying to find the matching pairs.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2019, 09:23:33 AM »
While they were released in 2007 and (I think) didn't last until the 2010s, I think Hi Glamm is a doll line that has its place on your list. I personally think they were fun dolls, but I can see why the long legs didn't appeal to everyone.

Wow, didn't realise Monster High has officially ended?! :shocked: Too bad... but that said, it has lost its original charm a long time ago already... I still have a big collection of them and still love them, but the newer series were just no longer appealing to me, as I used to love their edginess.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 09:27:01 AM by Loona »

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2019, 10:13:22 AM »
I think MH will be back in some shape or form. Sometime in the future when goth becomes chic again.

Mattel is still using MH in their brand catalogue, on their websites, promo material for the company and so on.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 10:14:54 AM by Zapper »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2019, 01:59:24 PM »
Design-a-saur bones comes to mind.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2019, 05:39:35 PM »
Num Noms

They are here too.

I would actually count EAH as forgotten, at least in a UK perspective. Not MH, but EAH. From a time when the shelves were full of them (here Entertainer stocked them even when they wouldn't stock MH, and then so did TRU, Smyths in abundance...) they are now completely gone. Series is gone. And has been for some time now. They also don't show up at carboot sales that much. I see MH and EqG dolls often, but rarely EAH.

And on top of all of that...the dolls that Smyths had even when the line was ongoing were often surplus end of line unwanted stock from other European countries. Principally Spain  and Scandinavia. So it was becoming unwanted and forgotten in some places even while it was still out.

...I don't even know if the show is still on Netflix but the concept has even been swallowed up now by the very strangely similar sounding series about the descendents of fairy story characters, name I forget...

So yeah. For me, EAH fits forgotten.

MH, not so much. It's been dead in the UK for a few years now but occasionally they still appear out of the woodwork in Smyths or Home Bargains.

Just because a few people still collect something doesn't necessarily mean it isn't forgotten as a toyline. At least in my opinion.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 05:41:23 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2019, 06:09:38 PM »
Something a bit different, might not count, but remember the MLP POPs or whatever? Like the mix and match kits? I always forget those were a thing when thinking about G4. I remember seeing a lot of hype about it on the official Facebook page, but I don't think anyone actually picked them up. Other lines had their fanbase, like FiM Collection and Funkos, even GoH, but POPs? Nope.

Something I think that could be forgotten over time are those Moj Moj toys. A lot of these "blob" and surprise toys are really taking over, pick one or two from the dozens listed on Amazon and I don't think people will remember them in a couple years. "Off the Hook", a bunch of clothes hanger-themed dolls (yes) came out this year I think, I don't think those will go anywhere. I haven't seen anyone talk about them.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 06:51:34 PM by Ragamuffin »

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2019, 07:20:14 AM »
I like Off the Hook, I'll be very surprised if they're remembered though. They're already starting to go on sale over here. They're cute but definitely seem like a "one line wonder" to me.

I miss Pinkie Cooper so, so much. I knew it wouldn't last long but I still miss that line. I loved them.

And yeah the POPs, they did fade into obscurity very quickly!! Those were odd. I don't think it helped that they had such a similar name to the Funko POP series either, that was pretty confusing.

I agree w/ EAH being forgotten in the UK - they never really took off over here. They were around but they were never anywhere near as plentiful as MH and they disappeared pretty quickly. Wouldn't call them forgotten in general sense, but they definitely are over here.

And oh! Hi-Glamm! Those are weird little dolls. I agree w/ them getting a spot on the list, never seen many posts about them but they do have a certain charm...

edit: Oh, I just remembered - what about Chicks With Wigs? They seem pretty obscure, doesn't look like we're getting them over here, either. Pity since they're v. cute.

Lost Kitties faded into obscurity pretty quickly, too.

Online freezestime

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2019, 08:28:22 AM »
I like Off the Hook, I'll be very surprised if they're remembered though. They're already starting to go on sale over here. They're cute but definitely seem like a "one line wonder" to me.

I miss Pinkie Cooper so, so much. I knew it wouldn't last long but I still miss that line. I loved them.

And yeah the POPs, they did fade into obscurity very quickly!! Those were odd. I don't think it helped that they had such a similar name to the Funko POP series either, that was pretty confusing.

I agree w/ EAH being forgotten in the UK - they never really took off over here. They were around but they were never anywhere near as plentiful as MH and they disappeared pretty quickly. Wouldn't call them forgotten in general sense, but they definitely are over here.

And oh! Hi-Glamm! Those are weird little dolls. I agree w/ them getting a spot on the list, never seen many posts about them but they do have a certain charm...

edit: Oh, I just remembered - what about Chicks With Wigs? They seem pretty obscure, doesn't look like we're getting them over here, either. Pity since they're v. cute.

Lost Kitties faded into obscurity pretty quickly, too.

Chicks with Wigs added! But Lost Kitties are still on shelves here in Australia, so I can put them in the "Might be forgotten" section for now.

Something a bit different, might not count, but remember the MLP POPs or whatever? Like the mix and match kits? I always forget those were a thing when thinking about G4. I remember seeing a lot of hype about it on the official Facebook page, but I don't think anyone actually picked them up. Other lines had their fanbase, like FiM Collection and Funkos, even GoH, but POPs? Nope.

Something I think that could be forgotten over time are those Moj Moj toys. A lot of these "blob" and surprise toys are really taking over, pick one or two from the dozens listed on Amazon and I don't think people will remember them in a couple years. "Off the Hook", a bunch of clothes hanger-themed dolls (yes) came out this year I think, I don't think those will go anywhere. I haven't seen anyone talk about them.

I might make sub categories if more pop up! And Moj Moj added!

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2019, 08:35:37 AM »
Okay, I've never heard of these, but they are super adorable, and now I need them :3 :P
They would look super cute on display especially now that we are getting close to Easter, and I can see so many customising options within them (like rerooting or body flocking). Too bad they are not available around here...

ETA: they are in a sort of sought-after collectible status now, but they were initially fashion dolls, and were short-lived and long-gone from the shelves, so I think Moxie Teenz might also fit the list. Too bad they are gone, I love them so much. In fact, they are the reason I started doll collecting back then (I didn't actually  plan to start collecting back then, they just... invaded my shelves after I got to know other doll lines as well :P ).
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 08:43:05 AM by Loona »

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal