collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ended Toy lines? + looking for newly released toy lines!  (Read 35248 times)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Ended Toy lines? + looking for newly released toy lines!
« Reply #135 on: May 20, 2020, 10:51:27 AM »
Hi! Sorry if these are older than you’re looking for, but there’re here if you need them :) I will keep digging to see what else I can find! Also added a short description of what the toys were, where possible :)

Some very obscure and short lived 2000s lines

Gotta dance girls - Tiger electronics - 2002
Dancing dolls which were controlled with a remote. Did not last long and only four different ones were made.

Keepsies - 2001 - Vivid imaginations
Very small line, only 3 different ones made it to production. Had batteries, A (Chloe) dog, (Millie) rabbit and (Sophie) cat were made. Came with a smaller item called a ‘thingy’. Which was/could be locked inside the compartment of the front. Erm... yeah...

Tiny secrets - FEVA? - 2005
Modern keypers with doll like heads. 3 produced

Totally glam stamps - 2008? - Moose?
Plastic accessories with stamps and ink, I also have a playset with various (very messy) plastic stamps in the shapes of shoes and bags, like a boutique.

Nano eggs - Tomy - 2000s
Eggs with a scene inside, made small movements and sounds

Magic Krysalix - Zaph Creation - 2010s
Caterpillar like creatures with hair that came with their own chrysalis shaped playsets that transformed into different things. (Potentially still available through wholesale websites but not on shelves). Likely extra stock.

Secret Central - Hasbro - 2003
Small dolls, based around school, they had a movie on dvd.

Microdancers - Tomy - 2003
All plastic dolls which responded to music and were designed after celebrities

My favourite babysitters - MGA - 2006
One larger (Barbies ish size?) babysitter doll and a smaller, toddler doll, don’t know how many different ones were made

Fairees - MGA - 2004
Small toddler dolls dressed as fairies, each with a different colour (hair and outfit match).

Trolls - Hasbro - 2004
Troll fashion dolls, interestingly some came with g3 combs or g1 original combs!

Doggie Daycare - Mattel - 2004
Series of playsets of babysitting dogs. They had a dvd with two short episodes on which was given away in various ways. Magnets allowed babies to hold onto sets and dogs. They were recalled in 2007 because the magnets could come out, mine never did, but there were large piles of exposed metal filings all over them  :shocked:

More well known

Pixel Chix - Mattel - 2005
A cross between a simple video game and a virtual pet, most sets were large houses.

Mystic Babies - 2008 - Mega
Colourful dragon babies with hair. Playsets were all egg shaped and could transform into egg or some kind of object.

Magic Merbabies - 2001 - vivid imaginations/Hasbro/Gigi
Mermaid baby dolls, each a few inches high, featuring a mer pet and colourful hair. Each came with ‘fizzy tints’ which coloured bath water.

Sugar planet - MGA - 2002
Small dolls with magnetic features that allowed them to move around small themed playsets.

:0!! This is exactly what I'm looking for!! Thank you!

The 2004 Trolls were actually spelled Trollz. With a "z" because Xtreme Kool Letterz were a thing in the early 2000s.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Mlp Sunsparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Sparkles are great, but Sunsparkles are better!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 20, 2020, 04:26:41 PM »
Sorry about that! I think my autocorrect eyerollz just as hard as we do with the 2000z toyz namez! I wonder why it became such a popular thing to do? It seems every other toy line had to have some funny spelling - Bratz being the main culprit! No ex, s or c was spared by MGA

I also remembered:

Sassy Stables - 2002 - Funrise
Interactive horses that can blink and move their eyes. 4 were produced - Morgan, Roxy, Shimmer and Sienna. Accessory packs were also sold under the name of ‘sassy gear’.

All the best,
Jas :D

Sig made by: Sapphire Rain
Instagram: mlp_sunsparkle

Offline freezestime

• Forever and Always the Prom Queen
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 21, 2020, 12:59:40 AM »
Sorry about that! I think my autocorrect eyerollz just as hard as we do with the 2000z toyz namez! I wonder why it became such a popular thing to do? It seems every other toy line had to have some funny spelling - Bratz being the main culprit! No ex, s or c was spared by MGA

I also remembered:

Interactive horses that can blink and move their eyes. 4 were produced - Morgan, Roxy, Shimmer and Sienna. Accessory packs were also sold under the name of ‘sassy gear’.

All the best,

:0!!! How do you know all of these toys?!
Freezestime's Masterlist! https://bit.ly/3x1te5n
Dedicated G2 thread! https://bit.ly/3vIIJhL
Dedicated G2 V2.0 thread! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,403447.msg1880080/topicseen.html#new
Forgotten Toy lines! [urlhttps://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=395090.150[/url]

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #138 on: May 21, 2020, 01:22:19 AM »

I also remembered:

All the best,

:0!!! How do you know all of these toys?!

I remember Sassy Stables!! I haven't heard that name in so long I forgot they even existed!! They were like... Diva Starz for horses. XD

Also, something from my childhood that I loved: The Fisher-Price Loving Family Friendship Stable horses, from around 2002 I believe. I know Loving Family isn't necessarily obscure, but I love this specific line of ponies (Loving Families had other playsets with horses too, but they look much different). The main playset was a stable, which came with a human girl and one horse. You would put the horse and girl in a certain spot and they would talk to each other. Other horses were released and they could interact with the stable as well. They all came with accessories and a little book.

(image source)

They're too cute! I'd love to collect them again one day if I had room!

(Looking at the box, maybe it isn't Loving Families? It just says "Friendship Ponies", but I don't remember, and listings always mention they're Loving Families...)

Offline freezestime

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 21, 2020, 01:36:16 AM »
Added Pony Royale and Saddle Stars
Dedicated G2 V2.0 thread! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,403447.msg1880080/topicseen.html#new

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 21, 2020, 02:07:20 AM »
Mlp Sunsparkle, I am having such a great time reading about all these 2000s toys! It is like walking down Memory Lane! I had totally forgotten about Pets To Go but I remember now that I had a couple of playsets with them around 2001 (I think I got one for my birthday that year). Not sure if I still have them. Time to rummage in the attic, maybe?

Here's a few I remember:
Miss Party Surprise - Made by Toybiz between 1999 and 2002. Small plastic dolls with hair and poseable limbs. I remember getting a Dance Party Friends pack for my birthday, there was a little ballerina doll with poseable feet! There was also the Molly Make-Up Party Doll that came with this sort of giant skirt that opened up into a playset.

Smunchies - These were late 90s but might have gone into the early 00s. Plush animals attached to scrunchies. They were made by Lansay, a French company.

Lotta Littles - I don't know who made these. They came in packs of teeny-tiny animals, there were cats, dogs, rabbits, horses etc. They often turn up in Puppy in my Pocket bundles on eBay though they're not actually related to the In My Pocket line. I remember buying a load of them in 2003.
Spoiler

Fairykins - Little tiny dolls made by Lanard, mid-2000s, sold with various accessories. There were mermaids with little fabric tails!

Magiki - 2010s, might still be going. Various blind bags made by De Agostini. They're usually little flocked figures, but sometimes they're just hard plastic. I've acquired a pink bunny, some mermaids and a few fantasy ponies (pegasus, unicorn) over the years.

Animagic Rescue Hospital - Vivid Imaginations (I think), around 2014 - Little animals sold in blind bags. They have 'injuries' which you can cure by putting them under cold (I think) water. I think they're a new incarnation of the 90s Animal Hospital/Puppy in my Pocket line.
Spoiler

Pixy Punks - 2014. Monster High type dolls made exclusively for Wilko.

Mini Chou Chou - Made by Zapf, mid-2010s. Toddler baby dolls with little animal companions (birds and foxes mostly, I think). A bit like Enchantimals.

Ghoul Dolls - 2010s Monster High style dolls by Funtastic. They're small, about the size of a vintage Pippa/Dawn doll. A bit cheap-looking (their clothes are awful) but quite cute. Usually turned up in £1 shops.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 21, 2020, 08:41:01 AM »
OMG someone else that remembers Lotta Littles, I loved those!! And Snubbies, I'd forgotten about them! Aaaah this thread is such a fun nostalgia trip. :D

Offline freezestime

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 22, 2020, 01:25:36 AM »
Thank you to everyone who's making a contribution! It really helps!

Offline Mlp Sunsparkle

• Colorswirl Pony
  • Sparkles are great, but Sunsparkles are better!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 02, 2020, 04:01:07 AM »
I can only put the knowledge down to being a g3 nut and 2000s baby, I go looking for g3 stuff and ads and come across a lot of old toy lines in the process. I’ve also found a bunch of 2000s stuff either online or in person which has prompted an ID spree  :P I was born in 2001 so a lot of the early 2000s toys have been found by my endless g3 searching, but a lot of the mid to late ones are some that I remember from when I was tiny! Browsing the 2000s Argos catalogues has been so much fun! And I hope the full later 2000s ones are scanned in one day! Wish I’d kept them! I remember staring endlessly at so many of the pages and it’s lovely to see them again!

I love this thread, thank you!

Here’s some more that I unearthed:

Crystal ponies - 2000s - Licensed from Genie to Moose
Colourful plastic pony figures with brushable tails, no idea how many made. Can only find a picture of a set of two, perhaps mother and foal. They came with dress up accessories and a comb.

Fashion Surprise Petz - late 2003? - licensed from Genie to Vivid Imaginations
Poseable dogs, cats and horses that came with earrings, clothes and brushable tails. Some of their names were Tara, Emilia, Nicole, Millie, Natasha (blonde dog) and Naomi. There were at least two playsets - a car and a fashion boutique.

Misstiques - 2004? - Moose
Set of 12 small plastic dolls, each based on a different style.

Tu Ta Bella - 2006 - Jakks Pacific
Small dolls with many accessories, some came with pets. A car and one larger playset released, called the Sleek Boutique (this was made by genie and licensed to Jakks, not sure on the rest of the line).

Sig made by: Sapphire Rain
Instagram: mlp_sunsparkle

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 02, 2020, 06:04:04 AM »
Fashion Surprise Petz - late 2003? - licensed from Genie to Vivid Imaginations
Poseable dogs, cats and horses that came with earrings, clothes and brushable tails. Some of their names were Tara, Emilia, Nicole, Millie, Natasha (blonde dog) and Naomi. There were at least two playsets - a car and a fashion boutique.

omg someone else who remembers these!!!! I loved these so much! I was wondering what their names were :)

Offline dragonlady

• Master of Organized Chaos
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+191)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 02, 2020, 06:08:08 AM »
Has anyone mentioned Diva Starz yet? Made by Mattel back in 2000 and ended in 2004. They were interactive  they talked to you/each other and react to their clothing. I never really understood the appeal as you couldn't really play with them though I just found out (when trying to find the name) that they did make regular dolls of them.

edit: Ooh, ooh, Struts! Horses with high heels, 'nuff said lol. Made by Playmates around 2008.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 06:19:24 AM by dragonlady »

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 03, 2020, 02:19:10 AM »
If you have Facebook, I suggest following the Ghost of the Doll Toy ID page, I have been seeing loads of lovely late 90s/early 00s toy-lines that I remember!
Two recent (re)discoveries were Puppy Dog Tails by M. I. G. (little plastic dogs with brushable tails and fuzzy ears, available between 1998-2001); and Chad Valley Charlie & Cate dolls (early 00s, they were £1 shop Barbie knock-offs but had some really cute outfits and accessories. I had a ballerina Cate!).
Also, I don't know if this is a bit too obscure, but back in the early to mid 00s, the RSPCA in conjunction with Golden Bear Toys released an absolutely adorable line of plush animals called Perfect Pets :lovey:. There were also some play-sets with plastic versions of the same characters. I remember sending off to the RSPCA kids' magazine Animal Action and getting a plush Ziggy the cat! I wonder if they were only available in the UK though? Not sure if you could get them in shops or only via the magazine. There are lots of pictures of them online anyway.

Offline freezestime

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 06, 2020, 07:44:42 PM »
Added Wow Action Girls!

Offline freyagf

• Beddy Bye Eye Pony
  • G3 & 4 💕
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 13, 2020, 11:13:46 AM »
I’m not sure if anyone has said this, but Bleeding Edge Goths! I discovered them after they had stopped being sold. But I think they’re really cool.

Offline pixiemouse

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 20, 2020, 01:59:11 AM »
I actually have a guide for lotts littles on my site: cuteminithings.weebly.com

Post Merge: October 20, 2020, 02:05:03 AM

Oh and those twisty pet things are a rip off of ones made blby the company that made Liv, MGA? Or was it zuru? Anyhow, there was ones before these twisty pets ones, I have some. They've been discussed on ghostofthedoll before (by me!)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 02:05:03 AM by pixiemouse »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal