collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Need help with an UK eBay auction that does not ship outside the country  (Read 1445 times)

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Dear UK members,

would any of you be able to help me bid on an item that does not ship outside the UK, have it sent to you, and then forward it to me to Hungary? Unfortunately even the question section is disabled, so I am unable to try and ask if the seller really isn't willing to ship outside the country...

It is a 0.99 GBP starting price auction that ends in 4 days, for a pair of boots that have been discontinued for years now :( I've had a notification set for it for years, and based on this they show up less than once a year. I am lucky to own one that came up for sale about 1.5 years ago (technically the last one I've seen up until the current one - I'm not counting one that I saw in the meantime, because it was in wretched condition, not really wearable anymore IMO), but I truly dread the day when mine will become spoiled/will no longer be usable, so I would like to have another pair for backup.

Thank you for the help in advance!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline Loona

• View Profile
Anyone could possibly help me out? I'd be happy to bid myself, but I wouldn't be able to pay if I don't have a UK address :(

Offline tornadoe

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Link please
Let your heart guide you. It whispers so listen cloesly..

Offline Loona

• View Profile
Thank you for the help, but the listing has unfortunately already ended (I didn't include a link, because active auction links are not allowed).
No worries though, because as a last resort the night before the auction was ending I looked into mail forwarding, and opened an account with a company who instantly gave me a UK address I could use. I got lucky and won, and the boots were forwarded to me super quickly (I won last Wednesday, they arrived at the forwarding company on Friday, and I got them yesterday - they could have delivered it already on Tuesday, but I wasn't able to pick it up that day), so my overall experience is positive :) For small/cheaper items I don't think it would be worth doing this, but for a more expensive item like this, the postage they quoted was acceptable, so I'll keep this in mind for the future for similar items.

Mods, could you please close this topic down, as it is no longer relevant? Thank you! ^^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal