collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Miraculous Ladybug: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir Contains spoilers  (Read 67481 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Miraculous Ladybug: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir Contains spoilers
« Reply #90 on: February 20, 2019, 11:22:02 AM »
There is a website named Miraculoussubs, but they do take a long time to sub. I´ve found weredad episode on yt, but I prefer the french version. I can´t even find a decent facebook fan group.

Papa Garou has clearly been taken down then, as I watched that one originally in French before the English one was there :/ I guess it's an imperfect science.

The dialogue is subtly different in all translations. One reason I watch anime in Japanese (among many) is to get the real dialogue, not the approximation through someone else's eyes. My french is not colloquial enough to do that with ML, but I do like watching some eps in both languages to see the nuances. I am still annoyed that I had to get the US dvd for S1 because the UK one was only in English.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 21, 2019, 08:08:25 AM »

The dialogue is subtly different in all translations. One reason I watch anime in Japanese (among many) is to get the real dialogue, not the approximation through someone else's eyes. My french is not colloquial enough to do that with ML, but I do like watching some eps in both languages to see the nuances. I am still annoyed that I had to get the US dvd for S1 because the UK one was only in English.

Spoiler

One place where I really noticed the dialogue being different between the English and French versions was where Plagg said in Weredad that he knew Ladybug and Marinette are the same person. In the English dub he starts talking about having two pots on the stove but they're both the same pot. Since I saw the French version with English subtitles first it seems a bit of an awkward dialogue change.

Those  :biggrin:Forgot to post the charms

Spoiler
That figurine set is interesting. I understand Marinette as the black cat but they all look like Marinette to me. :lol: Also the Peacock kwami looks kind of strange.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 25, 2019, 09:21:35 AM »

Spoiler
Those are very interesting. It it confirmed that Kwami swapped Adrien will be called Mister Bug?

Ponyfan
Spoiler
I haven't read the overall link, but I still have to wonder how they can swap kwami without knowing each other's identities...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 25, 2019, 01:34:21 PM »

Spoiler
Those are very interesting. It it confirmed that Kwami swapped Adrien will be called Mister Bug?

Ponyfan
Spoiler
I haven't read the overall link, but I still have to wonder how they can swap kwami without knowing each other's identities...

Spoiler
I think it might be possible for them to swap kwamis without finding out each other’s idenity if they somehow forget that they are Ladybug and Cat Noir. If Tiki and Plagg couldn’t remind them of their  hero forms than maybe Master Fu would suggest that Tiki go to Adrien and Plagg to Marinette and they become the opposite of their usual selves but when everything is fixed they forget about the other’s kwami helping them.

I’m just guessing though. :)

Ponyfan

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 02, 2019, 10:47:11 AM »
Does anyone know why the episodes after Stormy Weather 2 keep getting delayed?

Ponyfan

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 02, 2019, 10:51:39 AM »
Does anyone know why the episodes after Stormy Weather 2 keep getting delayed?

Ponyfan

This happened a lot in S2 as well. No idea why it happens, we kind of just end up living with it O.o.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 06, 2019, 01:53:58 PM »
Hopefully the new episodes will resume again soon. :)

Ponyfan

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 12, 2019, 01:46:29 PM »
New episode Aniemastro

Spoiler

I really liked this one.  :) The akumatized villain is a lot of fun and watching him transform into different animated characters added was interesting.

I'm surprised that Marinette was willing to team up with Chole just to stop Adrien from getting closer to Kagami but at least she did realize that trying to embarrass Kagami in front of everyone wasn't a good plan.

There's been several mentions now about Kagami's mother and Gabriel planning something involving Adrien and Kagami.  Marinette and Chole seem to think that it might be some kind of arranaged  dating partnership between them but I have a feeling that it might be something small that Marinette and Chole have made bigger in their imaginations due to their feelings for Adrien.

Chole surprised me when she said that she wouldn't tell Adrien Marinette has a crush on him because Marinette was worthless and not worthy of Adrien's attention in Chole's eyes.

Is Gabriel getting a little overconfident that no one except Nathalie knows he's Hawkmoth? Detransforming outside of his lair (even though everyone else was at the movie premiere) and then talking to himself in the street about Ladybug and Cat Noir's defeat when other people could walk by and hear him seems a little risky.

Ponyfan

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #101 on: March 12, 2019, 03:12:37 PM »
Thanks for the post, Ponyfan, I had no clue when the next episode was due.  :P
Spoiler
The akumatized villain was fun but it was a bit weird to me because I know that Astruc is also the creator.
I actually really like Kagami now because she was so forceful towards Chloe. I really hope Kagami doesn't end up being a villain in the future because I feel like she would be a good ally for the team, and it'd be neat to see how her "no hesitation" takes her into saving Paris. I wish she and Marinette would just be friends, I don't like all of this love triangle/square/pentagram between the girls and Adrien. At least with the LadyChatAdriNette square it's not as fight-y.
Adrien said he's more of a dog person...wonder how Plagg took to that. Also, voicing your alter ego in a movie? Is that really the best move?

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 13, 2019, 08:52:45 AM »
Spoiler
I think Kagami might be a character that we are meant to see as a threat to Marinette and Adrien becoming a couple but although Kagami seems to have a crush on Adrien also and enjoys spending time with him I haven't seen her trying to force Adrien to like her/spend time with her. It seems that Gabriel and Kagami's mom think Adrien and Kagami's mom are the ones that are working things out so Kagami usually accompanies Adrien to events. 

Gabriel might have "requested" Adrien voice Cat Noir in the movie and Adrien felt compelled to do it. It does seem risky but maybe Adrien is sure that no one would think twice about him voicing an animated character. His voice changes slightly when he's Cat Noir so if he just used his normal voice maybe he feels safe?

Also where is Plagg? I didn't see him in this episode? 

Ponyfan

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 14, 2019, 12:38:57 PM »
I'm gonna try and catch up with that this weekend, probably. It's been a crazy week.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal