Pony Talk > Off Topic

Miraculous Ladybug: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir Contains spoilers

<< < (2/64) > >>

Taffeta:

--- Quote from: tailrustedtealeaf on January 10, 2019, 04:55:38 PM ---I was all over this show when the first season was airing, but sort of dropped off from it. I was mostly in it for the Ladybug/Chat Noir shipping square, did they finally reveal their identities to each other?

--- End quote ---

The airing schedule for s2 has been crazy but I overall like S2 better than most of S1. And no, not yet. But they keep teasing the possibilities.

I posted in the anime thread about this but I like how certain characters have been more fleshed out in Season 2.
SpoilerAlso, things I find interesting - akumatising someone is a bad thing but usually has a good result (ie after the akumatisation the issue is usually resolved). It makes me wonder what the original power of the papillon may have been and whether it has been corrupted - perhaps to give someone the power to resolve other people's problems or make them capable of resolving their own problems somehow? Since Nooroo is clearly not evil...and nor really is Gabriel...I do wonder how much the ability has been warped by his desperation and whether the resolution aspect is just an accidental symptom of it being a kid's show trying to wrap things up nice.

Also, Chloe is blamed for akumatising a lot of people, but really Marinette is responsible for causing akumatisation as much, albeit more through misunderstanding than malice. I don't dislike Marinette, just putting that out there.

My only issue with the show is the pronunciation of akuma, and by connection the name of Adrien's fencing friend, Kagami. It's a-ku-ma, not a-KOO-ma, and ka-ga-mi, not ka-GAA-mi. My Japanese ear bleeds at things like that. (I think the French version generally gets akuma right though).

Also find it interesting that on the box of Miraculouses, there is written the word 奇跡. I don't know how it is read in Chinese but in Japanese that is kiseki, which means miracle. It's a random detail but I think it's a nice touch xD.

tailrustedtealeaf:
Fly my little akoooooooooooooma.  :P
I'll have to give S2 a little watch sometime, then! I saw that there's new powers for the miraculous (miraculi?), which feels very magical girl to me. It feels like all of these TV shows have the strangest airing schedules (Steven Universe, I'm looking at you). Hopefully season 3 goes back to the normal weekly airing.

Ponyfan:
I would have never started watching this show due to the crazy airing schedule here on a channel called This TV and every episode synopsis was the Christmas episode :lol: When I had to go out of town for a few days Miraculous Ladybug was airing on a channel as part of it's kid's programing and it looked so interesting that I had to see if it was on Netflix.

In Season 2 Master Fu figures out how to grant the Kwamis new powers and there are some new Miraculous powers revealed that we didn't see in Season 1. 

Spoiler
We see the powers of the Fox, Turtle, Bee and Peacock miraculous in Season 2

I think Gabriel choosing  to use the butterfly miraculous for his own gain (even if he is doing it because of how much he loves and misses his wife) has corrupted the miraculous from performing its intended purpose. I feel bad for Nooroo. Gabriel keeps a pretty tight grip on him (much like he does with Adrien) and I don't think Nooroo likes helping Gabriel  turn in to Hawk Moth, but since Gabriel owns the miraculous, he owns the Kwami and Nooroo must do as his owner wishes.   

I also think that the Peacock is corrupted as well as damaged but find it very interesting that the user of the Peacock seems to become ill/hurt after trying to use it. It's the only miraculous we've seen so far that seems to affect the user in such as way.   

I also liked how characters were fleshed out in Season 2 espeically Gabriel and Chole. I think Marinette is getting a little better at realizing that she is sometimes responsible for people getting akumatized.

Ponyfan

Taffeta:
SpoilerI actually don't like so much the magical kid squad motif, I was fine with it when it was just Rena Rouge, and the way Chloe's happened was clever, but I dunno, I'm a bit iffy about Wayzz being loaned out like a library book. Although it's kind of interesting that Marinette and Adrien get to keep their miraculouses, but the others never do. And the fact everyone knows Chloe's other identity puts them all at risk somewhat.

I wonder about Nooroo and Gabriel. To begin with I thought Nooroo was just being bullied, but there are moments when I wonder. For example, when Gabriel decides, briefly, to give Nooroo up...I feel like Nooroo also worries about Gabriel and so helps him, hoping that by doing so he can heal Gabriel and stop him from doing worse? I'm not sure...I just don't think it's as simple as all that.

Nooroo is more interesting to me than the bee and the fox. They don't seem to have given any real hint of who they are yet beyond being tools...whereas Nooroo seems like a character to me, like Wayzz, Tiki and Plagg.

I'd also like to see Adrien meet/work with Tiki in some way like Marinette has with Plagg but there's definitely a hierarchy and Marinette seems to have privileged information access rights that Adrien doesn't automatically have/get till later, so maybe it won't happen.

It's interesting how the show has in S2 had Adrien and Gabriel independently suspect each other and independently protect their identities, that seems to make it less likely they'll find out the truth about each other soon.

tailrustedtealeaf:
I watched some season 2 episodes and I am back on my Miraculous kick. I'm roping my girlfriend into watching the rest of it with me, hee hee...I'm amused that everything is on YouTube.
Season 3 stuff in spoiler.
SpoilerI watched the first episode of Season 3. I'm all for the Adrien/Marinette ship and I'd love to see more of it, but I feel like Lila being a romantic rival is...eh. We already have Chloe, do we really need another? Poor Adrien. It feels cheap to me, but I'll have to see what they do with her.
I'd like to see something between Volpina and Rena Rouge. Maybe Lila targets Alya too because she sees her transform.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version